Game-Labs Forum

Mortar Brig vs Forts

Aegishjalmur

Question

So is it intentional that the Mortar Brig has to be in firing range of a fort now to be able to hit it, while dealing almost no damage to it with mortar hits? Are forts supposed to be indestructible in battle now and if so why has the mortar brig's reload and accuracy been nerfed instead of simply removing it from the game entirely? Am I missing something?

@admin @Ink Please clarify, thank you.

4 hours ago, Raekur said:

My main argument is that the mortar brig needs to be self reliant just like any other ship. While the concept of dedicating another ship to act as a spotter may seem to be a viable solution it does in fact remove a combat vessel from the fight until the mortar brig can reacquire targeting. 

no ship is self reliant in a port battle, the entire group must work as a unit and follow instructions and support each other to succeed. Lineships aren't self reliant, they require support ships to protect their sterns and tackle other 5th rates or other lineships to form up to fight another line. The mortar brig is no different.

No ships are pulled away from combat in order to spot. You get in the UAV and look at the shot and report back. It takes less than 5 seconds to accomplish.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rabman said:

no ship is self reliant in a port battle, the entire group must work as a unit and follow instructions and support each other to succeed. Lineships aren't self reliant, they require support ships to protect their sterns and tackle other 5th rates or other lineships to form up to fight another line. The mortar brig is no different.

No ships are pulled away from combat in order to spot. You get in the UAV and look at the shot and report back. It takes less than 5 seconds to accomplish.

1. Self reliant means that the ship does not require another vessel or person in order to do it's intended function. Lineships are more than capable of entering a battle and accomplishing their intended duty without having to wait for someone else. I dont know how many port battles you have attended or what lineship you were protecting the stern of but I have never heard anyone in any battle state that someone's job was to sit behind another vessel and do nothing but keep other ships from being able to shoot  at its stern.

2. i dont know that game your are playing but Naval Action does not have Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Much less having someone "report' back. If you are thinking that some other vessel needs to be in above camera view to watch then that is a very poor tactic as it makes that vessel defenseless, even if it is for 5 seconds (which by the way, the round takes 30 seconds to land).

23 hours ago, Raekur said:

1. Self reliant means that the ship does not require another vessel or person in order to do it's intended function. Lineships are more than capable of entering a battle and accomplishing their intended duty without having to wait for someone else. I dont know how many port battles you have attended or what lineship you were protecting the stern of but I have never heard anyone in any battle state that someone's job was to sit behind another vessel and do nothing but keep other ships from being able to shoot  at its stern.

2. i dont know that game your are playing but Naval Action does not have Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Much less having someone "report' back. If you are thinking that some other vessel needs to be in above camera view to watch then that is a very poor tactic as it makes that vessel defenseless, even if it is for 5 seconds (which by the way, the round takes 30 seconds to land).

So your goal is to simple be dense and pretend you don't understand the above described items. Seems legit, very happy you've come along.