Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Minor Patch 33: Hotfixes and improvements

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, H982 FKL said:

Not a bug, working as intended. You still keep any invested resource building opened though

The only problem is it not like that, all "private" investment did NOT give access to port Bonuses

Edited by GIBZ
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, History said:

What is the roll of a superfrigate ingame? In real life it was designed to gank :)

And make the Trinc turn again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, admin said:

1615 vs 1580 Tons Burthen (can you guess which one is which?)
also us super frgiate is bigger than averate british third rate in dimensions (live oak is very dense making ship heavier as well)

maybe superfrigates should be buffed even more as they are somewhat  heavier than standard early british third rates based on raw data (dimensions and weight)

What kind of third rate do you mean? Aggy or Bellona? Bellona is about the same size but that doesn't mean the connie would be capable of winning a battle against it. I would put my money on a 72 9 times out of 10

The only ship in game that is even comparable to the connie is the endymion. How can 2 "similar" sized frigates be 5th, rates and 3rd rates ingame? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, H982 FKL said:

And make the Trinc turn again!

I have not reached trinco level yet. Sailing pandora and leveling slowly because time issue. Slow turn rates are good if they are balanced imo. I like the chess game more than the arcade feeling. I will look into it but it will take me 3-4 weeks to get there unfortunately. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, History said:

I have not reached trinco level yet. Sailing pandora and leveling slowly because time issue. Slow turn rates are good if they are balanced imo. I like the chess game more than the arcade feeling. I will look into it but it will take me 3-4 weeks to get there unfortunately. 

I've always found that when there is a major change to the sailing model, the Trinc suffers more than most

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, H982 FKL said:

I've always found that when there is a major change to the sailing model, the Trinc suffers more than most

The trinco has had its op days too but I get what you mean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 hours ago, admin said:

1615 vs 1580 Tons Burthen (can you guess which one is which?)
also us super frgiate is bigger than averate british third rate in dimensions (live oak is very dense making ship heavier as well)

maybe superfrigates should be buffed even more as they are somewhat  heavier than standard early british third rates based on raw data (dimensions and weight)

That doesent matter, the construction of a sol took longer time because the structure needed to stiffen more so in battle it could take more punch, the USS frigates didnt fight any sol and british frigates learned to only engage them when in higher number, but measuring the HP based on Tons Burthen seems wrong because i feel the sols should have its own hp pool, the frigates its own hp pool and the light ships closed deck and open deck its own hp pool. Which should actually be measured by how much punch a ship can take. 

Because by this logic why doesent the us navy have the knock nevis as a flagship instead of of og their cv's the Tons Burthen on a Oil tanker is 4x more then a CV but i would feel much more safe in a CV because its made different. 

There is a reason why ~80% of the playerbase believe the USS frigates should get downgraded as 4th rates again

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys the only annoying stuff with the AI its the angle of fire , for the rest stop to complain and adapt , if you want easy AI go play AC black flag 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Borch said:

No, no. There is also auto boarding pull and still shooting while sinking, which often makes it hard to loot especially when you sail lower rank vessel. I can live with everything else.

You can shoot the AI during boarding and AI cant . Did you saw the AI complain about it on the forum ;) ? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Borch said:

No, no. There is also auto boarding pull and still shooting while sinking, which often makes it hard to loot especially when you sail lower rank vessel. I can live with everything else.

simple, dont stop alongside a sinking AI ship especially if it has more crew than you. There ya go I just saved the devs a few hours of coding ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 hours ago, Borch said:

No, no. There is also auto boarding pull and still shooting while sinking, which often makes it hard to loot especially when you sail lower rank vessel. I can live with everything else.

what? this is the same for players aswell, if people have prep they can board( although ai sails with 50 prep all the time) and everyone can shoot while they are sinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wyy said:

That doesent matter, the construction of a sol took longer time because the structure needed to stiffen more so in battle it could take more punch, the USS frigates didnt fight any sol and british frigates learned to only engage them when in higher number, but measuring the HP based on Tons Burthen seems wrong because i feel the sols should have its own hp pool, the frigates its own hp pool and the light ships closed deck and open deck its own hp pool. Which should actually be measured by how much punch a ship can take. 

Because by this logic why doesent the us navy have the knock nevis as a flagship instead of of og their cv's the Tons Burthen on a Oil tanker is 4x more then a CV but i would feel much more safe in a CV because its made different. 

There is a reason why ~80% of the playerbase believe the USS frigates should get downgraded as 4th rates again

Actually the Knock Nevis is a Norwegian ship so why would the US Navy us it as a Flag ship?  The US Navy actually has two flag ships.  The USS Mount Whitney (6th Fleet/Atlantic) and USS Blue Ridge (7th Fleet/Pacific).  Command ships make better fleet flag ships than the biggest war ships or Carriers cause they are adapted for the roll of commanding a fleet.  Both ships are Amphibious command ships.   Though one of the honours we had back when I was in was being able to carry the Naval Jack (don't tread on me flag) if your the oldest active duty ship.  USS Independence (CV 62) got that honor which normally goes towards tender/supply ships, USS BLUE RIDGE currently has that honor as the oldest ship.   So really your not comparing things right.  They could have had a SOL and still had the Conny as it's flag ships.  In fact the fleet flag ship changes when ever the admiral of the fleet moves ships.  When he was on board our carrier we where the 7th fleet flag ship. 

Though I do think both the USS Connie and USS United States should remain 4th rates.  They can be given high armor, hp and BR for all I care, but they should be treated as 4th rates.  They are under gun compared to the other 3rd rates.   What we need is for the devs to finish those 3rd rates we voted on (I believe two of the ships where third rates) and add some more 4th rates.  We should have mostly 4/3 in game as that was most of the Navy's main battle ships and fleets.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Routan said:

But a better solution was actually to let the AI’s repair like Real players, learn them to angle.

You would hate it if bots were as competent as players, able to kill you even without buffs. It's probably easy to improve them greatly - make them shoot sides only when they pen, and in all other cases let them demast you. This way you would get bots which would use player tactics, with maybe 1/5 K/D ratio.

Do you REALLY want it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, vazco said:

You would hate it if bots were as competent as players, able to kill you even without buffs. It's probably easy to improve them greatly - make them shoot sides only when they pen, and in all other cases let them demast you. This way you would get bots which would use player tactics, with maybe 1/5 K/D ratio.

Do you REALLY want it?

Any day if they just sail the hello kittying ships they are in (fir/fir) whitout bonuses and buffs. Have same realods ect ect... Fir ships are like ironclads whit turrets atm.

Edited by James Thomson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still my only wish is AI ships felt like they were the stats they are shown. And i dont like that AI is put up whit all the mods either. Sure we players can have the mods, but we need to resupply them quite often and most of the time are forced to grind AI to get dubloons and marks to buy them... So we need fight them whitout mods. Fighting super annoying AIs whit bad loot fitted with buffs and mods... > Quit game or sail whitout mods anyway. OR Do shit ton of econ > Sail pixel ships hours and hours for eco missions and possibly just get ganked > Quit game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My inner troll wishes devs WILL listen to people, reprogram AI to only shoot sides when they pen and to focus masts if they can't, focusing them until player repairs sails, or looses masts or gets out of range. I'd also teach them to leak (deadly if AI does it) and to chain a target which is hurt. Then I'd remove buffs.

I'd be tempted to give people exactly what they want, in order to hear their cries of desperation and fear. "OMG, I just lost my beautiful ship to an AI! It took my masts! It cheats, just like Ram Dinark!"

I'd also make them coordinate salvos when in groups and see what happens in forums.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vazco said:

My inner troll wishes devs WILL listen to people, reprogram AI to only shoot sides when they pen and to focus masts if they can't, focusing them until player repairs sails, or looses masts or gets out of range. I'd also teach them to leak (deadly if AI does it) and to chain a target which is hurt. Then I'd remove buffs.

I'd be tempted to give people exactly what they want, in order to hear their cries of desperation and fear. "

You say that like you seem to think it's a bad thing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

You say that like you seem to think it's a bad thing? 

No, I don't think it's a bad thing. I KNOW players would rage :D K/D ratio of AI would change from 1/800 to maybe 1/10 - that's 80 times more enraged players.

It would be good thing for me - something new, interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2019 at 11:33 AM, admin said:

You can use reload mods too. The only way changes can go is to buff NPC
NPC1/800 kd ratio shows that current player upgrade comparable buffs do not help them at all.

so take this with a grain of salt, because i'm nothing but a mediocre seaman, but i could swear i have had elite npc sailing faster than me with 70% sails. shouldn't i expect to loot speed upgrades then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, znôrt said:

so take this with a grain of salt, because i'm nothing but a mediocre seaman, but i could swear i have had elite npc sailing faster than me with 70% sails. shouldn't i expect to loot speed upgrades then?

You are talking about "elite AI" which have a different set of rules to regular NPCs and only player ships drop the upgrades being used on it. NPCs use a loot table instead

Edited by H982 FKL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 7/7/2019 at 12:23 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Actually the Knock Nevis is a Norwegian ship so why would the US Navy us it as a Flag ship?  The US Navy actually has two flag ships.  The USS Mount Whitney (6th Fleet/Atlantic) and USS Blue Ridge (7th Fleet/Pacific).  Command ships make better fleet flag ships than the biggest war ships or Carriers cause they are adapted for the roll of commanding a fleet.  Both ships are Amphibious command ships.   Though one of the honours we had back when I was in was being able to carry the Naval Jack (don't tread on me flag) if your the oldest active duty ship.  USS Independence (CV 62) got that honor which normally goes towards tender/supply ships, USS BLUE RIDGE currently has that honor as the oldest ship.   So really your not comparing things right.  They could have had a SOL and still had the Conny as it's flag ships.  In fact the fleet flag ship changes when ever the admiral of the fleet moves ships.  When he was on board our carrier we where the 7th fleet flag ship. 

Though I do think both the USS Connie and USS United States should remain 4th rates.  They can be given high armor, hp and BR for all I care, but they should be treated as 4th rates.  They are under gun compared to the other 3rd rates.   What we need is for the devs to finish those 3rd rates we voted on (I believe two of the ships where third rates) and add some more 4th rates.  We should have mostly 4/3 in game as that was most of the Navy's main battle ships and fleets.   

my point was they value the HP based on tonnage, while an oil tanker has 4 times more tonnage than a aircraft carrier it feels wrong balancing them out from tonnage.

Or in other words i would feel much more safe in an armoured Vehicle then a lager one that weight more. 

They are constructed in complete different manners and they should drop having the base hp based down on the Tons Burthen as it doesent make sense. Fighting cap ability matters more IMO

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...