Game-Labs Forum

France under attack

Madjohn

Ah, the motivation of us arena outcasts is unclear. I can only speak for the likes of Puchu, Doran, myself and presumably Hachi, but we're here bitching and moaning because we want to play the game. So, some highly motivated players are unable to climb the fence of... stuff in order to get to the fun part of the game.

I don't expect anyone is shedding tears on our behalf because we're viewed upon as the enemy of your... stuff. No, the stuff is the very thing that will attract and retain players.

We all like the raisin inside the bun, on that account we're all in happy, clappy agreement. Some gobble through the bun and savor the raisin. I choke on the bun, I've forced myself to eat so many dry and empty calory buns and the last buns I rammed down my throat despite already feeling queasy.

I still like raisin, though... No I LOVE the raisins! I could eat nothing but raisins. I dream of raisins and have nightmares about buns.

I'm deflated, despondent but mostly sad.

#liberateNA

Wait am i anti arena now? Ive lost track of NA identity politics haha. Tbh i would have been all for an ow that complimented small battles but every time i brought it up i got the aktchually dudes all hot n bothered.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rabman said:

A map reset would however require regrinding all buildings, shipyards and outposts no doubt which would suck big time.

Unless they just gave all the resources back as redeemable. Then you would have a map reset and people could insta pop lvl 3 shipyard on the front line

14 minutes ago, Oli Garchy said:

Unless they just gave all the resources back as redeemable. Then you would have a map reset and people could insta pop lvl 3 shipyard on the front line

then...what's the point of a map reset.

map or game resets would kill any motivation I, and a few others, have for playing the game. 

49 minutes ago, Oli Garchy said:

Or we don't tie ship production investments to ports and perhaps tie them somehow into the clan.

8 hours ago, Liberalism said:

He knows more about the game through his thousands of hours experience and he would still smash you in 1v1 even if he doesn't play now. You seem to be walking around big mouth, challenging Liq to fight, saying that Hachi's opinion is irrelevent because he quit, who do you think you are? Just a mere pawn of Russian nation.

You may call me a Big Mouth, but i did Try. And i got a Lesson from him. Thx Liq for impressive show of Demasting 🙂

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This will be unfortunate, because once you lose your ability to craft heavies with port bonuses, YOU WILL NEVER GET IT BACK.  When a clan/nation can no longer produce a port bonus RVR fleet, they will consistently be up against those who have these vessels.  They cant win against that kind of quality gap.

That why the server and players need to work on making alliances where they keep one nation from bullying a bunch of small nations.  Lets take Russian for a example right now if they become the big guy on the block than other big nations or small ones need to work together and take them down a notch or two.  If they get attack by 10 out of the 11 nations or even half 5 at once they won't be able to fill all those port battles and will loose ports.  That is how small nations can get ports back, but no one ever does that.  They seem to run and hide or join the wining team instead of trying to fight back.

8 hours ago, rediii said:

I don't see Spain or Poland as RvR capable nations atm, alone because of its size of population.

Also I would favor some kind of alliancemechanic for small nations. I think there has to be one to give everyone the possibility to have a access to active RvR it's just a question of how it should work

I actually came up with a suggestion like this a while back.  If we brought back the vote system than it would have to have a limit that big nations can't have alliances with each other.  Global had a big problem where the two largest nations was always in alliance so only folks they had to fight was dead/small nations and the pirates.  There is something wrong when 75% of the population is in an alliance.  The best way to limit this is make it where the large nations are constantly at war with each other.  The only alliance they can make is with small nations or allow small nations to make there own alliance.

I still think the forced alliance system would be better, but if we had any other type (like the old) it has to have that restriction.  

1 hour ago, Oli Garchy said:

Map resets would just mean ports go back to neutral why would you loose all your goods?  This would allow for some ports that are held by dead clans or alts to be flipped by active players.  Any nation/clan that has active stuff set up will jsut flip there port back and keep there buidlings.

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

then...what's the point of a map reset.

map or game resets would kill any motivation I, and a few others, have for playing the game. 

Why would you loose your stuff.  Most clans would have stock piles of stuff before there was any resets.  All it would do is wipe out inactive clans/dead clans or alt clans where main clans can flip ports and shift things around.   Main hubs will prob stay the same but front lines could be shifted as folks aren't sitting around grinding up mats and levels, while others are grabbing empty ports.

Not talking of a reset, but I bet you eventually when most of the game has ranks and ships your going to see a lot more fights than we see now.  It's only the guys that have no life who are power grinding that are being the most aggressive and doing attacks right now.  Most of the game isn't into 4th rates yet for the most part.

1 hour ago, Mascarino said:

For those arena fans, there's already an arena in the game, it's called Patrol Zone. If there's little action there is because majority of players don't like arena style. 

Well, I'm going to quote John Lennon for this:

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see"

• Like 1

To any VP trying to claim they took VP for 1st rate hunting, there was no reason you couldn't come to us and ask us to keep open a port like Sale-Trou so you could farm on both Russian and GB 1st Rate AI. From what I understand BAIT had a good relationship with VP prior to the wipe and now that's been utterly ruined by the actions of WO. Once again, there was no reason you couldn't come and ask us for a port to be opened for you given good past relations.

56 minutes ago, rediii said:

I actually played the game in time of flags and waited for hours several times

And yea at that time everyone was throwing ships at you because the eco was so good that everyone had everything

Yea I was a enemy of tradegoods aswell. Back then there were no traderoutes though, only normal ressources. Maybe silver to trade when a nation had no silver port.

Ok im playing again now. I am still right and you are still wrong :p I actually started to play again just to prove my point so the whole server will now know its all your fault. 

Edited by History
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Liberalism said:

It's good to sink players trash talking about you on forums and in-game.

I guess you also like to trash-talk the game itself. There are many people like you.

For me, it's current state is ok, better than at any point in the past. There are many people like me as well, though maybe less vocal. It's important to mention.

Sure, there could be improvements, but then again everything could be improved. Some of improvements people mentioned here according to me are not imporant, or even harmful, some others not mentioned are quite significant. Once you sum up desires of all players, they won't give you a clear vector of development and there never will be one.

There's no thing which is ideal, especially the game. Once you understand it, you can have more fun. Unless you take fun from trash-talking, then you may have less of it. In this case I'll leave you guys to it.

I guess this thread could be closed btw, it's no longer about France being under attack.

• Like 2