Game-Labs Forum

France under attack

Madjohn

8 hours ago, Glitterbeard said:

> VP crosses the carribean using the BS frontlines system to takes Les Cayes hostilities from Santa Marta.

>Takes Les Cayes off BAIT.

>Somehow BAIT is the aggressor??

#logic

Hey now, hostility was pulled from Willemstead. Not Santa Marta. You lost one PB to us in WO (not VP nation as a whole, and just some of the guys who wanted to screen we had join later cause the british screeners were able to blot out the sun) and smashed those dodge timers to hide from another american TZ clan. Its okay though was a fun PB.

Edited by Msk

18 hours ago, rediii said:

Your problem as well as the problem of most of others is to think that you need the best of the best ships and upgrades to be competitive.

Watch our for the oak oak no perm trincs ...

It depends on how compeditve your enemy is. I will believe you if you show me a screenshot of one of your oak oak trincos killing a teak trinco with eqaul skilled captains. You have a point in a sense since the more ships involved the less individual builds matter. You still need to admit to the fact that havocs skill level is way above the rvr average as well and you will get away with cheaper ships. I mean is there currently any rvr fleet that has a chance against your best lineup? The only trash member you have is Liam. 

45 minutes ago, History said:

It depends on how compeditve your enemy is. I will believe you if you show me a screenshot

Not exactly what you ask for, but oak/oak Trico rules :P

trinc2.thumb.jpg.8663cb0ab7855a1ffb9901b9d865c76a.jpg

Noone sings about hearts of teak. Check this:

Edited by vazco
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, History said:

Yeah my point exactly. This is not how balancing should work :)

Wait a Sec, your not Playing the game? WTF, this puts everything you ever Posted in a different light...

How dare you anyway? Wahts the Last Time you played? How accurate is anything you say at all?

So far, there is no real drama with France, they have Puerto Plata (GFR clan), so 2 bonus ports. ER and ANCRE are solid french clans, with GFR.

And Puerto Plata area looks like it will become a French colonial counter ports zone soon.

If Poland, that has got no territory, decides to settle in the French Antilles area, what's the problem ? (Basse-Terre could be set available for all?)

Polish traders will reach lots of local Ports without so much troubles, and Polish players will give a hand to the French (commercialy & military), that is not negligible for froggies. 

Next would be France/Sweden/Danes (main clans) agreeing on a "non-agression pact" involving the Polish as French vassal (:P).

That would set a nice forces balance in this Eastern map area, with the cheeky Dutch as main Southern threat.

('What would not make so much sense, would be to see Dutch & Sweeds collaborating, we saw that in the past and it will only suffocate French current playerbase.)

The Dutch got DARIENA to SANTO TOME Southern cost !! it's been such a long time we did not see the Dutch with that big territory, look at the West Dutchies if you want content !! 

Healthy Factions must care about RVR initial balance, that will be the best fertile ground for interesting future RVR evolution.

Commercial agreements are necessary to first allow ALL Factions reaching a descent fleet BR's to defend efficiently their crafting ports facilities.

(Fock the Pokemon race !!)

Then only the Pirates will remain inpredictible threats, in that reasonable starting theater.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Balancing is also done with shipcost/amount of produced wood atm

LOL have you started playing yesterday? It has never worked in practice. It only increases the skill gap. It was also never the case the devs were not trying to balance cost with quality but they have failed every time. 

Its also not really balancing because more gold/time = better ship. That's kind of the opposite of balance. It's all a Matter of time until people have everything setup and the ships built. 

7 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

So far, there is no real drama with France, they have Puerto Plata (GFR clan), so 2 bonus ports. ER and ANCRE are solid french clans, with GFR.

And Puerto Plata area looks like it will become a French colonial counter ports zone soon.

If Poland, that has got no territory, decides to settle in the French Antilles area, what's the problem ? (Basse-Terre could be set available for all?)

Polish traders will reach lots of local Ports without so much troubles, and Polish players will give a hand to the French (commercialy & military), that is not negligible for froggies. 

Next would be France/Sweden/Danes (main clans) agreeing on a "non-agression pact" involving the Polish as French vassal (:P).

That would set a nice forces balance in this Eastern map area, with the cheeky Dutch as main Southern threat.

('What would not make so much sense, would be to see Dutch & Sweeds collaborating, we saw that in the past and it will only suffocate French current playerbase.)

The Dutch got DARIENA to SANTO TOME Southern cost !! it's been such a long time we did not see the Dutch with that big territory, look at the West Dutchies if you want content !! 

Healthy Factions must care about RVR initial balance, that will be the best fertile ground for interesting future RVR evolution.

Commercial agreements are necessary to first allow ALL Factions reaching a descent fleet BR's to defend efficiently their crafting ports facilities.

(Fock the Pokemon race !!)

Then only the Pirates will remain inpredictible threats, in that reasonable starting theater.

The russians will have soon ALL THE GULF. Go to the gulf if you want content.

All of this has been achieved after destroying the MAIN CRAFTING BASE OF THE PRUSSIANS. 

Why are you even talking about balance? Is there any balance wiping a nation 2 weeks after the official release? Ah wait, you play as russian.

Let's create new topic "Kingdom of Prussia under attack"

1. [01-07-2019 19:47 UTC] The port battle for San José (Kingdom of Prussia) is scheduled for 2 Jul 2019 19:42 UTC. Defender: MONK. Attacker: BF (Russian Empire). BR: 10000
  2. [01-07-2019 19:37 UTC] The port battle for Santa Rosa (Kingdom of Prussia) is scheduled for 2 Jul 2019 19:35 UTC. Defender: TOXIC. Attacker: BF (Russian Empire). BR: 10000
  3. [01-07-2019 18:52 UTC] The port battle for Biloxi (Kingdom of Prussia) is scheduled for 2 Jul 2019 18:49 UTC. Defender: TO. Attacker: BF (Russian Empire). BR: 10000
  4. [01-07-2019 13:02 UTC] The port battle for Saint-Malo (Kingdom of Prussia) is scheduled for 2 Jul 2019 13:02 UTC. Defender: ADLER. Attacker: BF (Russian Empire). BR: 10000
  5. [01-07-2019 11:37 UTC] The port battle for Mobile (Kingdom of Prussia) is scheduled for 2 Jul 2019 11:33 UTC. Defender: TOXIC. Attacker: BF (Russian Empire). BR: 10000
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, qw569 said:

Let's create new topic "Kingdom of Prussia under attack"

1. [01-07-2019 19:47 UTC] The port battle for San José (Kingdom of Prussia) is scheduled for 2 Jul 2019 19:42 UTC. Defender: MONK. Attacker: BF (Russian Empire). BR: 10000
  2. [01-07-2019 19:37 UTC] The port battle for Santa Rosa (Kingdom of Prussia) is scheduled for 2 Jul 2019 19:35 UTC. Defender: TOXIC. Attacker: BF (Russian Empire). BR: 10000
  3. [01-07-2019 18:52 UTC] The port battle for Biloxi (Kingdom of Prussia) is scheduled for 2 Jul 2019 18:49 UTC. Defender: TO. Attacker: BF (Russian Empire). BR: 10000
  4. [01-07-2019 13:02 UTC] The port battle for Saint-Malo (Kingdom of Prussia) is scheduled for 2 Jul 2019 13:02 UTC. Defender: ADLER. Attacker: BF (Russian Empire). BR: 10000
  5. [01-07-2019 11:37 UTC] The port battle for Mobile (Kingdom of Prussia) is scheduled for 2 Jul 2019 11:33 UTC. Defender: TOXIC. Attacker: BF (Russian Empire). BR: 10000

There's no spare coalitions for the Prussians, I guess their SOL.

8 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

Liq lost his oak-oak Trinc in 1v2 (not 1v1, but still) vs Russian Herc and Trinc from BETEP clan. He killed the Herc and then had a 1v1 with enemy teak Trinc. Of course he was already damaged, but his skill was way above the enemies.

Needed 1 more kill to get my 25 dubs so i tunnelvisionned on herc and fullfilled my mission :) and yea too damaged after that. Still, oak oak trinc which we can craft a few dozen per day is nothing to care about really

• Like 1

For anyone blaming VP for taking Les Cayes - it's not our fault the game is flawed.

With absolutely terrible AI distribution, to have any step forward above 4th rates, VP needed a port either on Antilles or Hispaniola.
Antilles was bad - the only port available appeared to be main crafting port for France. Absolutely stupid idea, but hey... Let them be.

So Hispaniola was natural only other way to have it.

Blame the devs for forcing this stuff, but VP needs a port around AI SOL spawn points. Easy as it is.

Edited by OjK

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

Just set ports to neutral again and they will spawn AI. Maracaibo is AI paradise but you captured it all.

You missed the point "above 4th rate".
There is no point in chasing down the frigates in SOLs as it gives no XP.

Hispaniola, San Juan, Upper Antilles. That's it. Blame the devs.

8 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

La Tortue? 

Yeah, sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, History said:

LOL have you started playing yesterday? It has never worked in practice. It only increases the skill gap. It was also never the case the devs were not trying to balance cost with quality but they have failed every time. 

Its also not really balancing because more gold/time = better ship. That's kind of the opposite of balance. It's all a Matter of time until people have everything setup and the ships built. 

this is true, after they changed the county ports its only a matter of time until we have 1 nation with full 25 fleet of 1st rates steamrolling the other big nation and becomes untouchable. Looking at great battle results it looks nice seing a bunch of 4th and 3rd rates with rare sightings of first and 2nd rates in those battles.

6 minutes ago, Wyy said:

this is true, after they changed the county ports its only a matter of time until we have 1 nation with full 25 fleet of 1st rates steamrolling the other big nation and becomes untouchable

This will be unfortunate, because once you lose your ability to craft heavies with port bonuses, YOU WILL NEVER GET IT BACK.  When a clan/nation can no longer produce a port bonus RVR fleet, they will consistently be up against those who have these vessels.  They cant win against that kind of quality gap.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rediii said:

The more time passes the more alternatives get build up.

I doubt any nation is planning to only have 1 port with portbonuses

Some will have backups but others won't.  What the have-nots will do is change nations to the Zerg….human nature.  Is now a good time to discuss putting limits on nations?  percentage of total pop….percentage of total ports (or county capitols)?

2 hours ago, History said:

You didnt answear me.. Do you Play Naval Action?

Your opinion is irrelevant if you dont play the Game. 

Edited by Meraun

2 hours ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

The russians will have soon ALL THE GULF. Go to the gulf if you want content.

All of this has been achieved after destroying the MAIN CRAFTING BASE OF THE PRUSSIANS. 

Why are you even talking about balance? Is there any balance wiping a nation 2 weeks after the official release? Ah wait, you play as russian.

The Prussians seem to relocate to the Portobello area.

Also, the Gulf must be Russian, it is known :-)

No non-Russian Ports after the  Tumbado - Gasparilla Line

2 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

He knows more about the game through his thousands of hours experience and he would still smash you in 1v1 even if he doesn't play now. You seem to be walking around big mouth, challenging Liq to fight, saying that Hachi's opinion is irrelevent because he quit, who do you think you are? Just a mere pawn of Russian nation.

i just find it contiguos to talk about balance in a Game if you dont play the game. How woud he know if the current version of the game is balanced or not? Tell me! Also dont see the why i woud be here argue about he game he quit playing anyway? 

I challenged Liq in a funny way since his reaction to my Screenshot were we beat HAVOC was a Screenshot of HAVOC beating Russian - in the Same Zone -at the same time. 

Also who the hello kitty du you think you are?

21 minutes ago, rediii said:

Just to add something here.

If we get international alliances again then these alliances have to work on a national level or it gets weird as hello kitty

imo i think that the best solution to all of this is you can add friendly clans cross nation and let players be able to reveal name to friendly clans on the OW. along with some kind of balance to 2nd and 1st rate so we wont see the spam of those again

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

So I can join REDS pbs vs denmark because im on their friendslist?

Friendlists etc cross nation create a huge hello kittying mess. Better make a alliance behave as it would be the same nation like the old alliancesystem. No OW pvp vs eachother, using the same ports etc

obviously there needs to be some kind of ruleset here, where you cant join on either side or you are only able to help friendly nation or something.

You're exaggerating my suggestion, it was just a light thought and can be made to something that is much better then what we have today

1 hour ago, rediii said:

The amount of 1st rates organized clans/nations can field is atm only limited by the XP grind of it's players. Also Labour Hours are a issue in the beginning.

That everything is going towards 1st rate fleets is clear from the beginning tbh. This is also why many dont show what they realy have.

Its not balancing, it's only postponing the inevitable. It doesn't take a minute of gameplay to see through the flaws the game has had since late 2016. But hey, it looks like you're backing down from your first argument because I think we both know why I don't play and anyone that thinks the grind will keep the game alive for long will be proven wrong again. People all stay until they loose everything and then realize they wasted hundreds of hours just to sink a 1st rate. It's not the 1% playerbase with 2000-5000 hours that provide you with future rvr. Read the recent steam reviews from noobs with 20-30 hours.