Game-Labs Forum

France under attack

Madjohn

9 hours ago, Glitterbeard said:

Don't know why people keep mentioning the BAIT Clan like we've done something of significance in the area lol. All we did was go over to Aves to farm PvE then we helped the Poles since they asked for our help and given they had no port it only seemed the nice thing to do. We've been tagged by the Swedish constantly but -we're- the aggressors apparently?? Don't know how that works but alright. We jumped into one Swedish hostilities against Point-a-Pitre only to find they were all dying to AI anyway lol so we didn't even do anything there. Then the French -asked- us to come and help screen at Bridgetown so we did.

But no, of course we're some giant arbiter of alliances in this area for sure, we're not here just to farm PvE for our new members, nope. /s

Also, can the Dutch please at least have the decency to not lie about La Navasse, we both know you're gonna go for it. Also, it's not a BAIT port. ;)

You still took up arms against VP, that is provocation enough

Edited by H982 FKL

Port bonuses and huge resource investment was interesting idea I never understand.

We had DLC ships for sake of fast access to PvP. Many changes happened to make PvP easily reachable

...and what we did with RvR? Designed it in completely opposite way.

To able RvR:

You need to upgrade your port fully, before attempting to fight a nation with full build.

If you loose your port, buy dlc to change to winning nation.

Fill out port with 25 first rates.

Let me "lol" please.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RKY said:

Best system would be for non capturable capitals to be capturable once a nation has no other port to capture. Once captured, players of said nation can either join the capturer nation for free or any other nation. (forced nation swap for free one time only)

This would lead to the introduction of rounds with winners. (winners could get some sort of rewards like paints and more)

at the end of a round, map reset.

It would piss me off to get annexed but with the way the game is currently set up in terms of "what now?" for nations who lose crafting hubs and all other ports, this actually makes sense. There really needs to be an organic alternative to forger dlc and just quitting the game in that situation. 

• Like 5

On 6/30/2019 at 9:01 AM, PYR said:

You got the point. But the devs have been warned multiple times on the fact that the game is not equilibrate. They simply dont care, as they dont care of casual players. They dont understand that playing the sheep that is going again and again to be slaughtered is not fun. Being a newbie is not fun, being in a small nation is not fun. Being hunted all day long is not fun. Being unable to developpe ports and eco is not fun. When a game is not fun, then you dont play it, and to be honest this is what will happen to a large number of people that will leave this 'game' that is just an arena for a few no-lifer that can spend their days and night on it. Regular people that have a job, a familly, have no place in it. So yes, probably in a few weeks, the number will return to its natural 3 to 400 compared to the millions people that is he player base on steam.  That is a choice, that their choice,... no need for them to cry for bad reviews and people going away.

I find it exiting being one of the probably 20 polish players and still 3 nations try to demolish us while we fight back :D

Its one thing to win a War but crushing a Nation completly will do this Game no good, i know some people disagree with that but the fact is alot of players quit before even experiencing the Game to its full content.

I salute the dutch for being reasonable in that extent and hope the same applies to Russia and to lesser extrend Spain and Brits. I really dont understand this whole mentality to kick people while they are down. Its a Game we all want to do PvP.

-C.v.L.

Edited by Carl von Lichtenfels
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, rediii said:

Your problem as well as the problem of most of others is to think that you need the best of the best ships and upgrades to be competitive.

Watch our for the oak oak no perm trincs ...

It is your problem that you assume understand everything.

I have history fighting against odds with whatever I had. Never seeking best ships or upgrades. Rarely sailed ship with port bonuses after they were introduced for sake of challenging myself and test the difference.

After release, slowly building as much as my time allows. 

Stupid is stupid, even it is your own recommendation to developers. 

2 hours ago, huliotkd said:

it's funny that everyone here is defending French nation, also Russian Players, while Russia is wiping Prussia in Mexico gulf.....

Nobody is wiping the prussians.  They have enough ports outside the gulf 

3 minutes ago, Carl von Lichtenfels said:

Its one thing to win a War but crushing a Nation completly will do this Game no good, i know some people disagree with that but the fact is alot of players quit before even experiencing the Game to its full content.

I salute the dutch for being reasonable in that extent and hope the same applies to Russia.

Of course the same applies , that’s why Russia won’t attack the last bastion main port of the prussians in the nw of the map because that would be hypercritical, right? 

Dont stress though if they do attack it I’m sure the newly established UN server police will show up to defend it.

Not.

You might get your own thread on the forum though! 

• Like 1

Sweden will have an official response within the next 24 hours. Apologies for the delay.

There have been many discussions and arguments on boths sides that we can't disregard as dumb rabble, it's simply just different opinions.

In any event, we will confirm and clarify our position.

Lol the dutch grind up bridgetown, then decide not to follow through after half the server decides to screen, and now pat themselves on the back for being "reasonable fellows" for not attacking. 

Edited by Potemkin

10 minutes ago, Carl von Lichtenfels said:

I salute the dutch for being reasonable in that extent and hope the same applies to Russia.

eviction-notice.jpg

2 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Lol the dutch grind up bridgetown, then decide not to follow through after half the server decides to screen, and now pat themselves on the back for being "reasonable fellows" for not attacking. 

Tom gave the longest reply that states what happened.

0/10 troll harder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carl von Lichtenfels said:

I salute the dutch for being reasonable in that extent and hope the same applies to Russia and to lesser extrend Spain and Brits. I really dont understand this whole mentality to kick people while they are down. Its a Game we all want to do PvP.

-C.v.L.

I never really understood that mentality either.  But then again, 2 years later after getting mapped twice in EA here I am taking another spin.  I'm not sure how the devs intend to promote new players and power changes once the map is "set."  Maybe seasons?

4 hours ago, huliotkd said:

it's funny that everyone here is defending French nation, also Russian Players, while Russia is wiping Prussia in Mexico gulf.....

I was kinda wondering about this too...it's like shouldn't they be more worried about what Russia is going to do next when they are bored with Prussia?

4 hours ago, Tom Farseer said:

Our first Idea was to grab Bridgetown, flip St. George to make carebearing in the area easier and then drop Bridgetown again. We didn't think really that through and when we realised that taking and dropping Bridgetown would destroy all investments, Both some of SNOW and CABAL had second thoughts. Would be a bit too much of a dick move 😅

Wait when did it destroys all investment?   When WO took San Augustin from US before wipe I don't believe it destroyed any investments.    I thought it was suppose to only remove one level or something like that.

What I don't get is if that is there important icon port why aren't they making a back up?  Instead they are giving there next best port to Poland, the most weakness nation in game...who pretty much prob won''t be helping them much at all.    Instead you think they would be trying to make friends with stronger nations.  Also no one other than thee three impossible nations will be one ported, we all still have the home capitals ports.  You fall back, rebuild and wait for time to strike when that nation is at war with another nation and you take your ports back.  Instead it seems folks mentality is "NO WE ARE DOOM LETS ALL QUIT."    That is why your in the place your are right now, you don't try, just give up.  Eventually the big nations will be fighting some one and that would be the time to join and get ports back, can't be all over the place after all. 

Also why are folks leaving important ports without timers and open to all?   That just asking for the ports to be attacked.  Not the smartest move...

2 hours ago, RKY said:

Best system would be for non capturable capitals to be capturable once a nation has no other port to capture. Once captured, players of said nation can either join the capturer nation for free or any other nation. (forced nation swap for free one time only)

This would lead to the introduction rounds, vassal nations and winners. (winners could get some sort of rewards like paints and more)

at the end of a round, map reset.

I wouldn't remove the nation fully, maybe make them a forced allied for a set amount of time.  Meaning any one attacks them the Parent nation is effectively being attacked and they can use each others port battles/fights.  After a set time you let them go back to being a nation on there own so they can counter attack and gain back ports.  At this time they get all non  capterable ports back and they can't be attacked.   The map resets would be nice even now, but to many people bitch about ressources, even if the reset was only like once a year or twice, it's not like we can't rebuild the ports and all.

1 hour ago, Carl von Lichtenfels said:

-C.v.L.

One port is not crushing a nation.....unless it's the only port that nation has.

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

No need to take all ports of a nation to crush it.

The port with the shipyards and which is invested in is enough already

Tell that to US every time they loose ports and I don't see you going up there White Knighting for them?  And most of them keep on fighting.  Loosing your main econ ports is not the end of the world, that is why you have others...OH WAIT, they where giving Poland there other 45 point port they owend....they aren't to bright I take it?  Should always have a back up plan and worry about your own nation first.

8 hours ago, H982 FKL said:

You still took up arms against VP, that is provocation enough

> VP crosses the carribean using the BS frontlines system to takes Les Cayes hostilities from Santa Marta.

>Takes Les Cayes off BAIT.

>Somehow BAIT is the aggressor??

#logic

12 hours ago, History said:

I don't want to read your reply or any of the 4 I have but by its length I can assume that my jobs done here. 

Edit: so I decided to read it.

1. Calling me disrespectful?? You clearly don't know me very well. I am the most respectful person there is.  

2. Pelasgus lost Carthagena because he had the tactical mind of a 3 year old. 

3. France is the best 

4. The Netherlands sux

5. Show me a screenshot of the last port battle the Dutch won vs EXILE 25v25

6. I fought in the battle of Carthagena unlike you. 

let me give you some correct answers. 

1. yes i call you disrespectful in this threat, and it did not show you where respectful. you clearly do not know who i am.

2.disrespectful again ,he did more than one attack yes,  the thirt i believe. he won the battle.

3.france is the best .

4.huh...you don't like tulips?

5 i don't have to show you anything i am not a showman.

6.well great for you if you were in the last one .you have lost that one... i think , (if you were there)

besides that i was there as a screening commander of the 3 waves i send in , participating in the last wave .i was there but you did not see me in the pb because i was not the fancy man collecting goodie goodies... like you !.

i  was the screening commander of a ungrateful task . And now you want to Tell me i was not there?  i call it not only disrespectful but also false.

Too many misunderstandings and complications have propped up.

Sweden will continue with deliberations and we are in current talks with France and Poland as time dictates when players can get online. parties involved are talking...

EDIT: I'll clarify and say ow pvp may still continue, it's just normal to expect.

Edited by Teutonic