Game-Labs Forum

France under attack

Madjohn

11 minutes ago, DesMoines said:

I think if Dutch come fighting to Bridgetown may be they leave this game after loosing battle against screening...This is probably more realistic :)

HA! HAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
That one really tickled me 😂
Two major dutch Clans were GB before release, one was Swedish. I'd say we are all used to fighting multinational screening fleets. Losing a few ships has never stopped us before, why would it now?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Barbarosa said:

Forum drama and PvP is priceless.

However, it should not prevent us from seeing the real problem: Bad RvR design.

Reduction to one port was not that big issue till introduction of port bonuses.

The problem is that front line ports are the ports with the highest amount of points, this with the front line mechanic means nations stand little chance.

• Like 1

I must say, you are quite funny.

1. We flip Bridgetown out of boredom, France starts whining about how they cannot hope to defend it and will quit the game if we take it.
  2. Our dear Server Police Comissioner @rediii calls half the server to defend you (after we already told HAVOC that the actual attack is very unlikely to happen, because some of us do have a conscience, you know).
  3. We call off the attack and suddenly you talk all big balls about sinking us and making us leave the game.

A bit self-reflection would not go amiss here....

Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Thonys said:

"Even pelasgus or whatever his name was, was a complete useless port battle leader. "

Hmm.... very disrespectful..and it shows your true face.

you take that back captain.!

we the dutch  are the only one   who can hate him because he send us to the frontline

you on the other hand can only be respectful to our navy leaders.

shame on you for insulting our former pb leaders who can not defend themselves.

ps. He was the leader of the port battle of cartagena de india , it seems you forgot. or where in a tavern with some guys playing tik tak to .

besides that i liked the captain very much as a person and as a captain. it's a shame he is not around.

I don't want to read your reply or any of the 4 I have but by its length I can assume that my jobs done here. 

Edit: so I decided to read it.

1. Calling me disrespectful?? You clearly don't know me very well. I am the most respectful person there is. 

2. Pelasgus lost Carthagena because he had the tactical mind of a 3 year old. 

3. France is the best 

4. The Netherlands sux

5. Show me a screenshot of the last port battle the Dutch won vs EXILE 25v25

6. I fought in the battle of Carthagena unlike you. 

Edited by History
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rediii said:

1. You flipped Bridgetown because the dutch are too scared to go for a even target and rather go for Brits/French. Even now after GB showed up at Bridgetown you focus on GB now. :D 

2. I don't trust CABAL and actually everyone I asked said "No we can't go there" some bla bla and "But we would like to Screen there". But yea, I was activly asking around :) We did some nice group missions while PB happened and as far as I know Greg sank some ppl in OW pvp, just not at bridgetown

3. Yea thats shit

Everything else you shouldn't be surprised about after going for the maincrafting port of a small nation, drama included

I'm not sure scared is the right word. Concerned would be more accurate.

No point going to the effort of trying to organise something bigger if they can't even do the most basic stuff. They can do basic stuff. We can move up the ladder :)

Who would you say are okay targets for Dutch then?

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

1 minute ago, rediii said:

1. You flipped Bridgetown because the dutch are too scared to go for a even target and rather go for Brits/French. Even now after GB showed up at Bridgetown you focus on GB now. :D 

2. I don't trust CABAL and actually everyone I asked said "No we can't go there" some bla bla and "But we would like to Screen there". But yea, I was activly asking around :) We did some nice group missions while PB happened and as far as I know Greg sank some ppl in OW pvp, just not at bridgetown

3. Yea thats shit

Everything else you shouldn't be surprised about after going for the maincrafting port of a small nation, drama included

Imma speak plainly now, just to keep misconceptions at a minimum.

The far majority of EU time clans in dutch have never worked together before and to be quite honest, must of us are not even that interested in offensive RvR. We just figured it would be a bad time to start working out flaws in cooperation in a defensive situation, when it actually counts. First coordinated action as a nation defending Carta? Bad Idea :D
The flip btw was planned to be SNOW, not CABAL. turns out a few more Frenchies joined their hostility order and got sunk so they got a few % more. 

Our first Idea was to grab Bridgetown, flip St. George to make carebearing in the area easier and then drop Bridgetown again. We didn't think really that through and when we realised that taking and dropping Bridgetown would destroy all investments, Both some of SNOW and CABAL had second thoughts. Would be a bit too much of a dick move 😅

Some goes for taking Les Cayes initially. Not so much about screwing GB over as more about getting a nice carebearing port with bigger ships to kill. Otherwise we would have taken the whole county. Who knows, maybe we will attack some BAIT ports in the future, maybe we won't. As far as I can tell, the majority of PvP clans in VP have little interest in long drawn out campaigns. And even though Russia has comparable player numbers, I wouldn't say we punch in quite the same league yet. Give our clans a few weeks to get to know each other more and iron out some kinks. :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom Farseer said:

Imma speak plainly now, just to keep misconceptions at a minimum.

The far majority of EU time clans in dutch have never worked together before and to be quite honest, must of us are not even that interested in offensive RvR. We just figured it would be a bad time to start working out flaws in cooperation in a defensive situation, when it actually counts. First coordinated action as a nation defending Carta? Bad Idea :D
The flip btw was planned to be SNOW, not CABAL. turns out a few more Frenchies joined their hostility order and got sunk so they got a few % more. 

Our first Idea was to grab Bridgetown, flip St. George to make carebearing in the area easier and then drop Bridgetown again. We didn't think really that through and when we realised that taking and dropping Bridgetown would destroy all investments, Both some of SNOW and CABAL had second thoughts. Would be a bit too much of a dick move 😅

Some goes for taking Les Cayes initially. Not so much about screwing GB over as more about getting a nice carebearing port with bigger ships to kill. Otherwise we would have taken the whole county. Who knows, maybe we will attack some BAIT ports in the future, maybe we won't. As far as I can tell, the majority of PvP clans in VP have little interest in long drawn out campaigns. And even though Russia has comparable player numbers, I wouldn't say we punch in quite the same league yet. Give our clans a few weeks to get to know each other more and iron out some kinks. :P

Stop being so eloquent! It's harder to create drama if you are.

• Like 1

And now we know why I like pirate Nation. Nobody likes us. And they come to gank and we go to gank others.  There is such drama here.  U can still with diplomatic etc have allies. But u also can have strong enemy's with there allies. In the end its just a game with pixels. And I guess no nation will be deafet to the bitter end.  I mean even Poland will gain an port what is very nice from the French nation. ( guess they give it to them). So overall to much drama about nothing. Back when I played most games and enemy's where better we still keep going and trained harder.     I would today lose 98% of my 1vs1 s. Still I wouldn't be frustrated to lose it. OK maybe at beginning but after an day. Who cares.  So why not try get better flip the port and sink the Dutch. Or the Dutch the French. That's the good thing about a video game. U never die once ^^

So. Now u can hate me. See u on the sea captains. 

• Like 1

Everyone will stay respectful and use appropriate banter. Keep your insults in check.

There are enough good examples of such and you will emulate those and engage your enemies with words without resorting to the vocabulary you used. That is why you got a token warning and not a full one.

Thanks to all that keep a healthy competitive and good nature "insults".

58 minutes ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

This kind of rvr drama is exactly what Naval Action needs, hope it's just the beginning.:)

Jap, i love it. Games like NA need the passion and the drama. So lets keep bragging!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

There cannot be a balance, if the strongest nations have no self-limitation of their power.

Right, in the current state of the game. If the devs and players would had understand that an good designed ally system could help to bring a balance into the game, we hadn't such an unbalanced game where the small nations completely dependant from the will of some clan leaders of the bigger nations.

Everybody who has to do with development of ports knows what a catastrophy it will be for each nation, if it loses it's crafting port today. But the answer of port mechanic cannot be, that attacks on those ports should not take place. Answer should be that an enemy stops attacking such a nation after he destroyed their war industry. Then war is over.

As a player of a weak nation I can tell you: If we would be crushed by bigger nation(s) without a chance of defence I need to ask myself If I would invest work to rebuild all the lost things with the expectation to be crushed again and again. My answer would be "NO". So what options left:

1: Leave game (I think this would be the most realistic option for players without the willing to buy a forger dlc)

2: Change nation to a stronger one

3: Stay and hope for a diplomatic solution (nearly useless without an InGame ally system. The past shows: that do not work)

But I would not try to rebuild the nation.

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

Best system would be for non capturable capitals to be capturable once a nation has no other port to capture. Once captured, players of said nation can either join the capturer nation for free or any other nation. (forced nation swap for free one time only)

This would lead to the introduction rounds, vassal nations and winners. (winners could get some sort of rewards like paints and more)

at the end of a round, map reset.

Edited by RKY
  • Like 4