Game-Labs Forum

France under attack

Madjohn

Just now, History said:

This is a bit of a random question I know but I always wanted to ask you if there is anything else you are good at other than memes and sucking the devs off?

Capping traders?

1 hour ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

If I may correct you. Poland got removed from the map the first time after release and never before. And I didn't wanna do a shit. Only thing I informed Poles that they should not shit in front of their neighbours door, when they strongly rely on the friendlyness of this neighbour, who easily could wipe them out. And that their allieds did a shit to protect them. 

In the french case, the Dutch attack is completely unprovoced. France doesn't have allieds, which help them. They are going for nobody. And are just a little nation, which fights for its existence. The casus belli that you wanna kill the french before they become strong, is just laughable. Does the Netherlands really have to fear a french armada showing up right in front of Willemstad in three months?

Stay at home, mates.

Truthfully.

It was just practice and France was closest target. It was well known on the Dutch Discord that this was the exact point of flipping it. Can we flip a port as a nation rather than clans since many of us have never played together before.

Mission success.

Funnily enough one of the other alternatives floated was La Navasse, but I said no, admittedly for sentimental reasons.

Mind you, those sentiments evaporated upon hearing that GB decided to go help France today.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Truthfully.

It was just practice and France was closest target. It was well known on the Dutch Discord that this was the exact point of flipping it. Can we flip a port as a nation rather than clans since many of us have never played together before.

Mission success.

Funnily enough one of the other alternatives floated was La Navasse but I advised against it mainly for sentimental reasons.

Mind you, those sentiments evaporated upon hearing that GB decided to go help France today.

That mostly makes sense, but what I don't understand is that France doesn't have a powerful defensive fleet, it wasn't "mission success" it was impossible for you to fail with the ships you brought. So you didn't have a meaningful test of your ability to work together as a nation. Your success here does not mean that you won't crumble against real opposition, any group of people can set a PB when you outnumber the enemy and they are mostly 4th rates or smaller while you are rocking full stacks of 2nd and 3rd rates, probably with port bonuses. I appreciate that you didn't try to crush France completely, but I really don't think your test of national cohesiveness achieved anything or gave you any meaningful information other than the already known fact that France is weak.

Edited by StaleMemes
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Capping traders?

It's not something that requires skill or something you can be good or bad at. It's something that can simply done. Besides all that Capping traders has not been rewarding since 2016 

1 hour ago, History said:

that doesn't mean I still wouldn't like to do some good old salty WO smashing. 

Get your booty in here Hachi and lets get it done, stop being a forum warrior. We only play for the salt.

Edited by Rabman

56 minutes ago, Rabman said:

Get your booty in here Hachi and lets get it done, stop being a forum warrior. We only play for the salt.

To much grind man besides as a forum warrior you cannot loose a battle. It's like every time I asked koc for a duel. I knew he would never accept so I asked. I would never ask if there was a chance he said yes 😛 Just imagine the face on me if he said yeah and I lost.

Edited by History
  • Like 2

France would like to thanks EVERYone who has understood our call and came to help.

Our main goal will now be to get organized, to designate a reliable diplo, and to try to built a unite nation. We'll keep focusing on welcoming new players from release and try to improve their battle skills with the few veterans left, to be the modest part of the game we only seek to be at the moment.

This will be possible now thanks to you.

hf all, can't wait to meet you in os for gfs !

• Like 1

Notwithstanding whatever has been said here. I think we’ve assisted to something great today.

Global community rallied to prevent what was perceived as a vital threat to a disadvantaged nation in order to prevent a possible drain on the player base. 

Hopefully, and despite the forum RVR and all the salt thrown, this is a sign of some maturity in the player base and means the server can balance itself if such situation present itself again later with other nations, sending the signal an offensive has gone too far and an unofficial truce must be enforced  :)

Edited by Serk
  • Like 3

Let it be a warning to the french leaders 

the Dutch will not allow unfriendly enemy ports  in their surrounding water  ( or any other nation ...for free)

also the port BT must be closed or otherwise the PB fleet will not stop at the gate of mercy again.

in the past we had good relations with some french and it kept the peace for what is was 

but now,  if you  spill the wine we will not drink it from the tray because you like it that way.

14 minutes ago, Madjohn said:

France would like to thanks EVERYone who has understood our call and came to help.

Our main goal will now be to get organized, to designate a reliable diplo, and to try to built a unite nation. We'll keep focusing on welcoming new players from release and try to improve their battle skills with the few veterans left, to be the modest part of the game we only seek to be at the moment.

This will be possible now thanks to you.

hf all, can't wait to meet you in os for gfs !

*while choking small nations to death by inviting all their enemies

9 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I understand your point, but what other ports were offered?

Could Old providence do it if GB allowed it? Anywhere else? Bermuda maybe?  

Or do do you think Poland shout be denied owing a single port?

Edited by Serk

What hello kittying sissies!

You should thank BAIT for showing up to help, they just put more of their ports in the firing line ;) We were content to stop at Les Cayes, but La Navasse just got real juicy looking

Edited by H982 FKL

20 minutes ago, Thonys said:

Let it be a warning to the french leaders 

the Dutch will not allow unfriendly enemy ports  in their surrounding water  ( or any other nation ...for free)

also the port BT must be closed or otherwise the PB fleet will not stop at the gate of mercy again.

in the past we had good relations with some french and it kept the peace for what is was 

but now,  if you  spill the wine we will not drink it from the tray because you like it that way.

Wow, Dutch used to be humble... what changed?.

P.s a monthly tribute would be in order aswell don't you think?.:)

2 minutes ago, H982 FKL said:

What hello kittying sissies!

You should thank BAIT for showing up to help, they just put more of their ports in the firing line ;) We were content to stop at Les Cayes, but La Navasse got got real juicy looking

Ah yes on the side note, what was very strange and remarkable as well

the  bait (BR) clan suddenly screening for the french 

so our eyes were suddenly  turned to the west by surprise ...something to remind us tomorrow . 

10 minutes ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

Wow, Dutch used to be humble... what changed?.

P.s a monthly tribute would be in order aswell don't you think?.:)

i warned you all in the past. but you all didn't listen or read very well

you saw a little from  what was told to you .

and suddenly a suppressed nation must be Hubble ??

i don't think so...

we call it "The Golden age"               our time has come !

Edited by Thonys

2 hours ago, StaleMemes said:

That mostly makes sense, but what I don't understand is that France doesn't have a powerful defensive fleet, it wasn't "mission success" it was impossible for you to fail with the ships you brought. So you didn't have a meaningful test of your ability to work together as a nation. Your success here does not mean that you won't crumble against real opposition, any group of people can set a PB when you outnumber the enemy and they are mostly 4th rates or smaller while you are rocking full stacks of 2nd and 3rd rates, probably with port bonuses. I appreciate that you didn't try to crush France completely, but I really don't think your test of national cohesiveness achieved anything or gave you any meaningful information other than the already known fact that France is weak.

Stay away from our traders or we may be back ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rediii said:

The attack on Bridgetown is of global importance right now. :) 

However you are right, prussia will fall soon aswell with MONKS leaving to the dutch nation ...

Where were you when the dutch were practically one ported by the Russians, French and Swedes? If I remember correctly you even took one of those dutch ports for yourselves.

And you guys seem happy enough to farm the french for combat medals on a daily basis.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thonys said:

i warned you all in the past. but you all didn't listen or read very well

you saw a little from  what was told to you .

and suddenly a suppressed nation must be Hubble ??

i don't think so...

H u m b l e

No, not must be, but before SNOW and other clans joined Dutch you weren't acting all mighty. Actually ya all weren't doing much at all and only reason Gulf of Maracaibo was dutch was because of the help of GB.

France is one of weakest nations atm, .. yet you act like you conquered the caribbean. Let me know when ya wake up.:).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, H982 FKL said:

"Be back" is a big word .let us not go in to that we left your traders at peace in the past..... don't forget, or where you one of those who attacked our traders ...

33 minutes ago, H982 FKL said:

Where were you when the dutch were practically one ported by the Russians, French and Swedes? If I remember correctly you even took one of those dutch ports for yourselves.

And you guys seem happy enough to farm the french for combat medals on a daily basis.

you mean suppressed by russian zerg...

well in the dark days the home fleet with no more than 10 captains controlled the complete eria of the dutch and they never knew.

Edited by Thonys

9 minutes ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

H u m b l e

No, not must be, but before SNOW and other clans joined Dutch you weren't acting all mighty. Actually ya all weren't doing much at all and only reason Gulf of Maracaibo was dutch was because of the help of GB.

France is one of weakest nations atm, .. yet you act like you conquered the caribbean. Let me know when ya wake up.:).

you will here us when your boatsmen sounds the alarmbell.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thonys said:

"Be back" is a big word .let us not go in to that we left your traders at peace in the past..... don't forget, or where you one of those who attacked our traders ...

you mean suppressed by russian zerg...

well in the dark days the home fleet with no more than 10 captains controlled the complete eria of the dutch and you never knew.

Dude! I'm on your side :P

33 minutes ago, H982 FKL said:

Fair enough lol. Stay away from our ports or I may be back ;)

22 minutes ago, Thonys said:

one of those who attacked our traders ...

about that...

Edited by StaleMemes
edit de escalation is good

1 hour ago, Serk said:

Or do do you think Poland shout be denied owing a single port?

They should be denied any ports that are intended to be a direct threat to Sweden.  The french have invited multiple enemies to our doorstep to create a proxy war with Sweden, even though they were getting by far the better part of the non-RvR agreement.