Game-Labs Forum
Madjohn

France under attack

1 hour ago, Oli Garchy said:

Unless they just gave all the resources back as redeemable. Then you would have a map reset and people could insta pop lvl 3 shipyard on the front line

Map resets would just mean ports go back to neutral why would you loose all your goods?  This would allow for some ports that are held by dead clans or alts to be flipped by active players.  Any nation/clan that has active stuff set up will jsut flip there port back and keep there buidlings.

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

then...what's the point of a map reset.

map or game resets would kill any motivation I, and a few others, have for playing the game. 

Why would you loose your stuff.  Most clans would have stock piles of stuff before there was any resets.  All it would do is wipe out inactive clans/dead clans or alt clans where main clans can flip ports and shift things around.   Main hubs will prob stay the same but front lines could be shifted as folks aren't sitting around grinding up mats and levels, while others are grabbing empty ports.

Not talking of a reset, but I bet you eventually when most of the game has ranks and ships your going to see a lot more fights than we see now.  It's only the guys that have no life who are power grinding that are being the most aggressive and doing attacks right now.  Most of the game isn't into 4th rates yet for the most part.

3 hours ago, History said:

I looked at the amount of gold is required to get a shipyard 3 and how hard it is to get the woods. Not that hard. 

Also. Fakeflags never worked. If you actually played RVR at the time to judge it you would knot that from a strategical point they were a waste of money. Everyone already knew where the enemy had their ships etc. It actually gave the community a reason to spy on other nations. The more fake flags you bought the higher the price would be. Back then you could buy a flag for aves from kpr and even then it was not an issue. The devs could have replaced the gold with pvp marks but that would have made to much sense to test. 

Eco was actually decent once. Before you played the game. The ai produced and bought goods. The devs could have full control over supply and demand for the amount of players on the server. It forced traders to sail all over the map to buy goods. Back then capping a trader was interesting and traders could make a fortune selling goods at the capitals. Player production buildings were without a doubt the worst design choice for the eco so far. It made the whole eco clan dependent and that is bad for the server. Ecos should be a national effort. It also gave people a reason to own more ports the larger the nation was playerwise since more players require more supplies. It sounds so simple and logical right? I guess if you had any expirence with the eco other than the broken system we clearly have atm you would stop defending it. We had all this when open sea speeds were far slower. 

You might be suprised to hear this but I traded once and build ships. I am level 50 crafter but back then it was so exciting to go out and look for all the goods you needed to build ships. Pirates knew the good trade routes and hit traders all the time. Instead of getting rid of the goods and even sinking the ships for goods they would haul the stuff back to mortimer to build there own ships. Why those things were changed is beyond me.

How many trade routes require player protection currently? There was a time when pirates had 10 traders and hour on every coastline to capture and when they could actually use the goods for building ships. 

I actually played the game in time of flags and waited for hours several times

And yea at that time everyone was throwing ships at you because the eco was so good that everyone had everything

Yea I was a enemy of tradegoods aswell. Back then there were no traderoutes though, only normal ressources. Maybe silver to trade when a nation had no silver port.

1 hour ago, Mascarino said:

For those arena fans, there's already an arena in the game, it's called Patrol Zone. If there's little action there is because majority of players don't like arena style. 

Well, I'm going to quote John Lennon for this:

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see"

• Like 1

To any VP trying to claim they took VP for 1st rate hunting, there was no reason you couldn't come to us and ask us to keep open a port like Sale-Trou so you could farm on both Russian and GB 1st Rate AI. From what I understand BAIT had a good relationship with VP prior to the wipe and now that's been utterly ruined by the actions of WO. Once again, there was no reason you couldn't come and ask us for a port to be opened for you given good past relations.

56 minutes ago, rediii said:

I actually played the game in time of flags and waited for hours several times

And yea at that time everyone was throwing ships at you because the eco was so good that everyone had everything

Yea I was a enemy of tradegoods aswell. Back then there were no traderoutes though, only normal ressources. Maybe silver to trade when a nation had no silver port.

Ok im playing again now. I am still right and you are still wrong :p I actually started to play again just to prove my point so the whole server will now know its all your fault. 

Edited by History
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Liberalism said:

It's good to sink players trash talking about you on forums and in-game.

I guess you also like to trash-talk the game itself. There are many people like you.

For me, it's current state is ok, better than at any point in the past. There are many people like me as well, though maybe less vocal. It's important to mention.

Sure, there could be improvements, but then again everything could be improved. Some of improvements people mentioned here according to me are not imporant, or even harmful, some others not mentioned are quite significant. Once you sum up desires of all players, they won't give you a clear vector of development and there never will be one.

There's no thing which is ideal, especially the game. Once you understand it, you can have more fun. Unless you take fun from trash-talking, then you may have less of it. In this case I'll leave you guys to it.

I guess this thread could be closed btw, it's no longer about France being under attack.

• Like 2