Game-Labs Forum

France under attack

Madjohn

Today ducth nation flipped Bridgetown. During release, dutch have been reinforced by 5 veterans clans (SNOW / CABAL / WO / PRIV / X), and also former LIONS and DAS. To flip Bridgetown, we saw 3rd and 2nd rates.
As you may know, France have lost most of it's pre-release regular players who left for russian and rats, and we just began to craft our first Wasas. We have no chance to win this port battle, or even screen their Pb fleet.
Our 3 main clans (ANCRE, GFR, ER) are atm focused on welcoming new players from release. We like boats and we wish the game to be a success, or at least to have fun. We neither can nor have RvR ambition, we are not a threat to anyone.
Dutch could have flipped puerto plata, then we could have shown a PB to our new players, but they attacked our main crafting port.

France has been attacked in open sea since the first day of the release, our hostility missions camped, but we are ok with that because we have to learn the game. But to bury a nation 2 weeks after the release does not look like a fair play move.

We contacted the Dutch nation and explained the situation, but they refused to discuss.

Despite our situation, and after the request of the Polish nation, we accepted to give them a craft port so that they could play just like us.
Showing our kindness to other weak nations.

We decided to make a post on the forum to explain the situation, so that the players of NA are aware of this attitude.

Aujourd'hui la nation hollandaise a flippé Bridgetown. Pour la release, les hollandais ont été renforcés par 5 clans vétérans (SNOW, CABAL, WO, PRIV, X), plus les anciens LIONS and DAS. Pour flipper Bridgetown il y avait des 3ème rangs et des 2nd rangs.
Comme vous le savez peut-être, la France a perdu la plupart de ses joueurs réguliers pre-release qui sont partis chez les russes et les pirates, et nous commençons tout juste à crafter nos premiers Wasas. Nous avons zéro chance de gagner cette bataille de port, ou même de screener leur flotte de PB.

Nos 3 clans principaux (ANCRE, GFR, ER) se concentrent sur l'accueil des nouveaux joueurs de la release. Nous aimons les bateaux et souhaiteriont que le jeu réussisse, ou au moins d'avoir du fun. Nous n'avons ni ne pouvons avoir d'ambition RvR, nous ne sommes une menace pour personne.
Les hollandais auraient pu attaquer Puerto Plata, ainsi nous aurions pu montrer une bataille de port à nos nouveaux joueurs, mais ils attaquent notre port principal de construction navale.

La France a été attaquée en open sea depuis le premier jour de la release, nos missions d'hostilité campées, mais nous sommes ok car nous devons apprendre le jeu. Mais enterrer une nation 2 semaines après la release ne ressemble pas à un move fair play.
Nous avons contacté la nation Dutch et expliqué la situation, mais ils ont refusé de discuter.

Malgré notre situation, et après la demande de la nation polonaise, nous avons bien accepté le fait de leur laisser un port de craft pour qu'ils puissent jouer tout comme nous, montrant notre bienveillance envers les nations faibles

Nous avons décidé de faire un post sur le forum pour expliquer la situation, pour que les joueurs de NA soient au courant de cette attitude.

Edited by Madjohn
  • Like 5

Naval Action will be Naval Action after all. Much more fun to group most the large, old, powerful clans into one nation and stomp the people around you than spread among the nations and fight each other.

16 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

French scoundrels have invited enemies into the Antilles to make war on Sweden.  Let the cannonballs fly.

There will be more than enough cannonballs in the air when the Dutch start parking their fleets of 25 lineships rates outside our capitals and sinking our new players. Save your shot for then, for them. The Polish, French, and Swedish are going to sink together if we don't deal with these turncoat clans that all ran to the same nation for fear of a fair fight. Lest you forget, you are next on the chopping block! When they have strangled the life out of Fort Royal and ran out of 6th rates to blast with their lineships, where do you think they will sail next, Russia? If they were interested in fighting opponents of equal strength, they would have already started that war. They will find the next easiest target, the next weakest opponent. And that will likely be Sweden. Especially if Sweden decides to go wear themselves out against France from the north.

In the end, I'm not too affected. I don't need crafting ports to redeem my Requins, and I don't need a larger ship to sink enemy merchants. Sucks for the new players though. It is sad to me the way Naval Action RVR works due to forger DLC and clans who care more about winning than about proving they are the best. And to think I was pondering switching to the Dutch myself not long ago! Never! I'll drag as many of their indiamen as I can with me to Davy Jones's locker, two today and hopefully more tomorrow. To my friends in SNOW... y tho? :C

• Like 2

Because of the actions of France and Great Britain's BAIT clan, and Poland on the Butterfly Island, Sweden will no longer help France in any capacity at this moment. We have made simple requests which were failed to be met and were exhausted of this disorganized communication issues that have been occurring. I have talked to multiple people in France only to frustrated when I told positive things only to not see it come through. For Sweden RvR is back on the table to maintain our own safety which France seems to disregard in their actions. 

Edited by Davos Seasworth
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Madjohn said:

For those who don't get it the thread is NOT about diplo. Question is can the game survive with another hundred players loss or not, if you think yes, then forget about this thread.

Yes, the game will survive just fine for the time being.

That being said, there is no more "we're just testing" or "the pop will go up after release" or "we will switch nations if ours dies". If you wipe out the base of one of the nations not a month after release, that is an incredibly uncool move. Everyone knows Dutch are a huge nation and they can probably roll over the entire Antilles if they wanted to, same goes for the Russians pretty much anywhere on the map. If they start wiping out other nations, the game will not last six months. It simply won't. There is no ability for small groups or lone players so sustain themselves without national support, that is just the way the game is set up--and do not come at me with 'use redeemable ships, DLC, or NPC ships' because against Port Bonuses it's not even a contest. 

So to the nations who carry the big sticks, use them wisely. 

• Like 5

Then France Nation shall become Dunkirk & a Navy of Privateers.  

Is a shame though to see two historic nations reduced to minor nation status as the sheep flock to the fantasy which is Russia in the Caribbean.

Game should be 4-5 historic Nations and Pirates that's it. And actual Pirates not Nation Black.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Madjohn said:

Despite our situation, and after the request of the Polish nation, we accepted to give them a craft port so that they could play just like us.
Showing our kindness to other weak nations.

Malgré notre situation, et après la demande de la nation polonaise, nous avons bien accepté le fait de leur laisser un port de craft pour qu'ils puissent jouer tout comme nous, montrant notre bienveillance envers les nations faibles

no doubt that France is quite rich in ports of 45 points to afford this mismanagement...🙄

• Like 2

@France

If you don't have the player numbers to hold Bridgetown? Why should you be allowed to further keep it?

Edited by Guest

There have been other nations reduced to one port in the past, some more than once. In the beginning i started as Dutch and was part of a campaign to reduce the french to a minimal size. It didnt kill France.

Then EA steam release happened. It went back and forth between VP and France. Meanwhile we helped to reduce Sweden to one port (it didnt kill Sweden), after a while the french got support by the russian Danes and reduced the dutch to allmost one port. It didnt kill the dutch.

As i played in Sweden, we had a long and successfull campain against the russians, it didnt kill Russia. After a while then, the russians gained the upper hand, capturing important swedish ports right at our doorstep, an most of those we took from them half a year befor. It didnt kill sweden.

Typical french attitude to complain about something that didnt even happen yet, but if it does, you will still be here 2 year later to tell us the same sad storys, im sure of it ;)

• Like 3

First things first, I played France for 18months up to release and I have some good friends there

but you do not wait for your enemies to become strong before you attack them. You see them selling a port to the Polish ( or giving it away ) then you wonder whether they will do the same to other Ports near VP lands.

Too much civil war inside France has weakened them , players joining France are left confused and isolated if they don't speak the language. There are more French speakers playing for other nations than there are inside France right now.

A period of consolidation, not expansion is required.

For anybody who thinks it's unfair...it would be wise to remember what happened when France was strong. They have plenty of good players who will ride this storm

• Like 5

5 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

<<<<< my profile pic says explains everything that's about to happen to you. 

Some mod removed it.....

4 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Because of the actions of France and Great Britain's BAIT clan, and Poland on the Butterfly Island, Sweden will no longer help France in any capacity at this moment. We have made simple requests which were failed to be met and were exhausted of this disorganized communication issues that have been occurring. I have talked to multiple people in France only to frustrated when I told positive things only to not see it come through. For Sweden RvR is back on the table to maintain our own safety which France seems to disregard in their actions. 

Brigtown has a lot of good resources in it, which makes it a very prime target.  Wonder how much they updated the port so far. If I was them I would of been making Basse-Terre there main port and making peace with the Swedes.   Both being small nations could help each other.  

4 hours ago, Madjohn said:

For those who don't get it the thread is NOT about diplo. Question is can the game survive with another hundred players loss or not, if you think yes, then forget about this thread.

It's a game, other targets will come up and France could be ignored. I would look at your other ports and think of which are of value that you can craft out of.  Remember PRE-WIpe US pumped there prime port up to max and than had it taken by exploits of getting a port behind enemy lines.  Shit happens, but your putting all your cards on a prime port with a lot of great resources that is expected to be fought over.   Maybe should of made peace or diplo agreements with those around you.

1 hour ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

Then France Nation shall become Dunkirk & a Navy of Privateers.  

Is a shame though to see two historic nations reduced to minor nation status as the sheep flock to the fantasy which is Russia in the Caribbean.

Game should be 4-5 historic Nations and Pirates that's it. And actual Pirates not Nation Black.

That is why I was very much for the Faction system of 5 factions instead of 11.  Than make PIrates the hard core with no capital (like Prussa, Poland and Russia).   Still think that would be much better game.  Than right now France could be asking US and Spain for help.

They always still have there capitals waters to craft out of and like you said they can become a nation of privateers while they rebuild.  Maybe even raid from a FT to get a better location to set up in.  Some nations are a bit to spread out they won't be able to hold all there ports if they end up in a true war against one or two nations.

• Like 1

I don't get this, please don't attack because players will quit mentality.

I mean this is kind of what rvr is about isn't it?. If two small neighbour nations don't know how to cooperate when under threat by a zerg nation then it's their own fault.

France will get smashed and then sweden, unless the Dutch suddenly decide to hold back on their hostility.

Port bonuses, or lack of them, will pretty much kill any nation's attempts at a revival.  Non-PB ships simply cannot go head to head against upgraded ones.  So let's assume France loses and gets knocked back to the proverbial NA stoneage.  Can they rebuild?  Perhaps.  Sure is a lot of effort and energy lost on such an unforgiving game.  Why rebuild when the same can happen again in the span of a day.  So they quit.  

I'm afraid the price of admission into RVR is now simply too high and the consequences of losing everything will eventually force players into a 2 sided zerg.....or they will simply quit.  Not a long term lasting game system in my opinion.  But I guess admin will sell more forger DLCs.  

• Like 7