Game-Labs Forum

Deadmans Chests

It's getting boring...

Always  locations in the same 3 or 4  areas (players parking alts there) some of which  are way to close to capitals. One just 20 mins sailing from KPR/La Navasse....

Suggestion: get rid of the entire Storm fleet mechanism and include deadmans chests as rare drop into regular bottle wrecks.

Fair to all players, more randomization, not timezone or maintenance depending, no problems with rain or visibility.....

The drop percentage is simply amount of deadmans chests per month now/ amount of bottle wrecks per month 

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 7

I'm in a fairly large clan on the PvE server and we tend to get brand new players a few times a week. Except some of the old vets that have played since 2016 I have yet to hear anything positive about the mechanics of this "Lost Fleet"

For the new players it has become a deterrent in the game rather than something positive. As stated above the result is

Always spawns close to server downtime for maintenance.

Always in the same select areas on the map.

Always looted within 30 minutes due to alts etc....

Rather than taking a Server Wide perspective on this where a few items are available for and to the entire server in a very limited time window change it to something more dynamic that is player centered and random times.

ANY player should have a chance to obtain "loot" from said shipwrecks. What they do find is random and not specifically always a Dead Man's chest or a Tuna or Bull Shark or Bottle of rum...but randomize for you own loot tables and limited to some sort of "Treasure". A Basic Ship Upgrade at a minimum.

This would provide not only random occurrences in general, as opposed to always 90 minutes before maintenance, but also encourages everyone to participate. This in turns creates conversations about who got lucky and who did not, positive outcomes rather than what pretty much at the moment is very negative to most players.

Just an idea

• Like 2

Yeah i dont even care of the fleet spawns anymore (i don't have alts) i know its always farmed by because its static locations.

I first thought its great mechanic but when i learned its not moving in place i totally pushed away the whole thing.

Seeing it pop in the game just annoyes me alot.

There is such a wide Atlantic ocean we could use for more varieties of 'lost fleet' locations.

And I support the idea sometimes your sealed bottle wreck could be a deadman's chest value, randomly. Standard loot at this time is anyway the worst ever in the history of changing sealed bottle wreck quality...

Basically I like the whole mechanism, if it had a bit more variety in places, as thread starter asks about.

Each time it happens, we have a nice competition rolling on and global chat acts like a live radio reportage. That's a highlight each time it is happening.

Could use more events, like rumors of a big battle happening there and people of certain nations are called up by their Admiralty to rush there and join their cause (for a reward). How's about that?

• Like 1