Game-Labs Forum
Dancing Bear

Losing items when transferring

I lose items when transferring them into my inventory from another village. Particularly it's guns and ammo. I don't dare grab a stack of weapons because they will likely disappear. I don't know why it occurs but it seems to always happen when I'm really heavy (500 + lbs) but it can also happen when I'm not encumbered at all. I've pulled a stack of 60 lightning rifles into my inventory and only one actually appeared. The rest just gone. No idea where and no warning at all.

I've lost hundreds of weapons and hundreds of rounds of ammo due to this.

I also just lost a bunch of bows and crafting items because the village I just asked to join me had no storage baskets in it. Instead of giving me a heads up that I can't put anything in the village (I have no idea why there are no baskets) it just disappeared a dozen Palmer rifles, some Westfort .44 pistols, and 400 wood, 300 boar hide, 200 rope, and a dozen hunting bows. The only thing that didn't get lost is what the two warriors in the village could carry.

This has been happening for a couple weeks now and I haven't heard anyone say they understand there is a problem and my in-game reporting method doesn't seem to work. I press send and I just says sending--forever.

Is this something you are aware of and working on?

Edited by Dancing Bear

On 6/28/2019 at 9:40 PM, Dancing Bear said:

I also just lost a bunch of bows and crafting items because the village I just asked to join me had no storage baskets in it. Instead of giving me a heads up that I can't put anything in the village (I have no idea why there are no baskets)

dunno if related but in my experience more often than not the map (and possibly the biome) doesn't update straight away when camps join. the "village" is yours but this doesn't show on the map until you quit and load the save again.

on the issues with transfers, there's this: