Game-Labs Forum

Fresh RVR History (from 06-2019)

Celtiberofrog

1 hour ago, Tom Farseer said:

thought so, never can be too sure though :P

edit: also, wouldn't want to miss a chance to generate some good old national discord drama^^

As FAR as i can SEE Tom 

i See no Drama  ^^ just a plain joke from reverse" you can see that from a far distance" :)

• Like 1

Reduce the game to 4-5 historic nations and pirates. Because currently seeing Russia as a zerg nation of the Caribbean looks fairly ridiculous. Why so many move to Russia anyway? More people believing they receive additional buffs from devs to please the home player base?   

Edited by Mad Dog Morgan
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

Why so many move to Russia anyway? More people believing they receive additional buffs from devs to please the home player base?   

There's is no benefits or any kind of "Hidden Perks" playing for Russian Empire made by the Devs. 

Why people move (from other factions) to Russia? Because they dont want to deal with BF. 

BF itself is gaining a lot of newcomers due to popularity of Captain Reverses stream. Every stream I watch him theres always at least 1 dude asking "I just started playing, where do I go? Can I join"

PS you can easily get banned for "More people believing they receive additional buffs from devs to please the home player base?" just a heads up

501754008466096140.png

Edited by Beeekonda

31 minutes ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

Reduce the game to 4-5 historic nations and pirates. Because currently seeing Russia as a zerg nation of the Caribbean looks fairly ridiculous.

How is it any less ridiculous if you slap a different cosmetic flag on it?  Forcing people to join groups they don't want to join and forcing people who don't like each other into the same nation is not going to improve the game. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

How is it any less ridiculous if you slap a different cosmetic flag on it?  Forcing people to join groups they don't want to join and forcing people who don't like each other into the same nation is not going to improve the game. 

Like Alliances? Instead just reduce number of nations. If the game isn't going to keep with historic nations then might as well change nation flags to chess pieces. 

Edited by Mad Dog Morgan

3 hours ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

Like Alliances? Instead just reduce number of nations. If the game isn't going to keep with historic nations then might as well change nation flags to chess pieces. 

All of the nations are historic.  Next thing you're going to be complaining about french players sailing Victorys and american players in any line ships "because it's not historic".  There aren't enough nations to handle the oversized personalities playing the game as it is. 

2 hours ago, Barbancourt said:

All of the nations are historic.  Next thing you're going to be complaining about french players sailing Victorys and american players in any line ships "because it's not historic".  There aren't enough nations to handle the oversized personalities playing the game as it is. 

Obviously I needed to of been more specific, historic as in active in the Caribbean during the time period.  There wasn't any need to add the minor nations really, it was working fine without. Expect it was just to please the local player base and they thought oh well lets throw in the Polish and Prussians as well.

Anyway off topic and I don't have time, just my opinion and that shared by others over the years. 

Edited by Mad Dog Morgan

14 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

I wonder if people understand that by removing Russian zerg from the game, they will create a pirate or British zerg or some other zerg instead. Removing nations doesn't stop people from zerging another. Thanks to many nations, we can actually choose low populated nation for better experience. Personally, I don't like overcrowded nations.

True, There is always a Zerg in this Games. Its just the nature of it.  The only Discussions "who is it?" :-)

3 hours ago, Liberalism said:

I wonder if people understand that by removing Russian zerg from the game, they will create a pirate or British zerg or some other zerg instead. Removing nations doesn't stop people from zerging another. Thanks to many nations, we can actually choose low populated nation for better experience. Personally, I don't like overcrowded nations.

Exactly, it's not about which specific flags are in game, but more about people flocking to what is perceived as the safest nation

1 hour ago, H982 FKL said:

Exactly, it's not about which specific flags are in game, but more about people flocking to what is perceived as the safest nation

I do not even think it's about safest Factions,

It's just that a number of players have got deep knowledge of NA, the required time to spend on NA means a lot of efforts (as it eats your private life).

To get to best results of these efforts push those players to go in Factions where efforts will get optimized results, In these Factions where groups of same type of competitive players are. (otherwise they deeply feel it's a waste of time)

The same happened with the mighty Sweedish, peeps were looking for content and fruitful efforts.

Today, if you start with a Faction where clans organization sucks then the efforts you're possibly willing to produce might be minimized because of other same Faction players (clans) who cannot produce same level of efforts.

Competitive players join competitive group of players, that's the existing behavior of NA players today as far as RVR is concerned

Edited by Celtiberofrog

33 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

Zerg nations have best environment for natural growth and become even bigger in time, growing rapidly based on safety and wealth of the nation.

WITHIN RVR BACKGROUND:

A Zerg Faction becomes Public enemy n° 1, it could collaps rapidly if they got multi-attacks from a coalition of smaller Factions. So not so safe in long run.

Cohesion and organization is what competitive players are looking for.

The one's who want to play/grow safe will probably fill the Peace server up.

So today's players migration is not driven by safety Factions search, it's mostly driven by efficiency search. That's why migrations are mostly occuring with whole clans who know that best time optimization will be reached among other competitives clans.

That's also why some Factions are cruelly loosing good clans, cause those clans look for cohesion with same level dedicated players and run away from disorganized Factions. 

HAVOC is well organized & competitive clan, I guess there might soon be future clans migrations in that small Faction that is Denmark. It will not be for shelter but mostly for fun and content that will pay off the required painful time consumption.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Can't really do much when the BR for ports are so high so no-one bothers.

Ok about this detail, but

Did SNOW look for safety in joining Dutch Faction ?

Players migrations rely on fun/content quest, it does not rely on safety quest.

Disorganized Factions are and will always remain the strongest problem of NA when dealing with RVR. It has always generated unbalanced territories ownerships.

Untill an ALLIANCE system could be implemented.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

На самом деле мало что может сделать, когда BR для портов настолько высок, что никто не беспокоится.

attacked  litle port or take 25 frends you can take 25 players

32 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

Да, я хочу, чтобы Испания, Франция, Великобритания, Польша, Швеция и Пруссия напали на Россию. 

this country dont have fleet/people/want war

problem not br/zerg/others paragraph - the problem is that when people fight they want a guaranteed victory, and in the MMO game, as in life, this does not happen

1 hour ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Ok about this detail, but

Did SNOW look for safety in joining Dutch Faction ?

Players migrations rely on fun/content quest, it does not rely on safety quest.

Disorganized Factions are and will always remain the strongest problem of NA when dealing with RVR. It has always generated unbalanced territories ownerships.

Untill an ALLIANCE system could be implemented.  

Nope.

We were the first clan to come over here. We intended to be part of a small nation that needed help.

Then came everyone else, and we were no longer a small nation.

Dutch are organised now, we made sure to that when we moved over, new Discord and lots of spreadsheets. Getting so many people together to take a capital port is tedious, the port battles themselves will be tedious once everyone gets their shipyards up and running as everyone uses the same PB template. Smaller battles were way more fun. Why attack something if I'm not gonna have fun?

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 2