Game-Labs Forum

Fresh RVR History (from 06-2019)

Celtiberofrog

Something we used to do in Prussia was... if they wanted to keep their ports... fine... but we will always continue to kill ships in the open world... traders and warships alike were not safe. It went two ways... and we got all the PVP we ever wanted. Now that Prussia has changed... I have moved on... to me its about how often I see enemy ships... I really don't care about security.

I am a crazy solo nut.

Three cheers for the frigates and their gallant Captains.

Salute!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liberalism said:

But the other day I've seen Rocko and Greasy attacking US, one of the weakest nations at the moment. There is no shame if some solo PvP players raid weak nations. Solo players are even smaller than the weakest nations. Polish captains are also mostly solo captains, we only organize fleets if we have a valid reason for that.

Sweden and France aren't the weakest nations, but they are still relatively small. How can you possibly think putting the Polish right in the middle of the two, in a region that both sides agree should remain French, is a good idea? I'm pretty sure France doesn't want this. If you want to help the Polish put them somewhere else please.

The Dutch are attacking Bridgetown with numbers so overwhelming even if France sank 3 of them for every one or ours lost we would still be crushed, decisively underscoring the fact that they are far more of a concern than Sweden.

Edited by Capt Aerobane

4 minutes ago, Mascarino said:

I think you are overreacting 😄

Actually, that wasn't far from the truth. But exact numbers aside, the matter remains they have the power to attack with so many ships that France alone has no chance to fight back at all. I wish I had a screenshot from the little joke battle afterwards, with 15-20 Dutch lineships chasing a Requin, a Herc, and some other frigate.

Edited by Capt Aerobane

7 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

It was only 2 hostility missions.

Them joining and dying didn't help them.

How many French lineships were there in the missions? I only saw three or four outside of them. Mostly small frigates and 6th rates.

22 hours ago, Meraun said:

After HAVOC posting all those screen off how they beat Russian Ships. A Screen of a Tumble we gave me tonight. 9 vs 9 equal BR in the PVP Zone

NA.png

O7

xOSRsKM.jpg

• Like 6

Hey all,

As far as we can read the recent/hot "France under attack" topic,

one can start evaluating the current RVR theater:

n°1-RUSSIA:  Lots of major clans with 40 to 50 active players overall. (Same leaders as before release) with fresh incorporation of experimented players from other Factions. Main territory is the Gulf. This Faction has got today great capacity and huge potential.

n°2-PIRATES: Many clans, some with larger organization, but overall a wild conglomerate of clans without perceivible common goal.

n°3-GB: Some of their historical clans left to start in other Faccion. Large territory & therefore large potential to climb fleet level in medium run, as long as its population remain steady. No idea yet about any large clan that would drive this Faction. But its potential remains as always one of the highest.

n°4-PRUSSIA: Nice surprise to see a well organized Faction that has well prepared the release event, impressive territory for a Faction without starting Map area. Alliances with Prussia will result so important for the whole Western Map zone stability.

n°5-DANES: After being an almost dead faction, the release has reborn this Faction with HAVOC clan imigration starting the new Danish history with DNP, Good luck gents !

n°6-DUTCH: Weak former Faction (due to low population), several serious clans has started with Dutch flag together with CABAL , its a new Faction to count with now which is good for creating a new Eastern forces balance.

n°7-USA: No input yet about remaining clans and global Faction situation, but looks like USA will still be stuck into that damn Map corner...

n°8-SWEDEN: No input yet neither, but looks like Golden age of Sweden is far behind us today...Although Danes may become a steady friendly neighbourg.

n°9-POLAND: few data but current Polish clans seem to follow an agressive behavior, this Faction could become a surprise if its players are numerous enough and wise.

n°10-SPAIN: Catastrophical start after release, so territory groth is very weak and Pirate neighbourghood is a thick needle in its foot...Spain has its playerbase but some of its historical clans started in other Factions, so as France, this Faction must be somehow preserved now if we want it to become competitive tomorrow.

n°11-FRANCE: Looks like its start was similar as Spain (maybe due to similarity of its playerbase mentality). France will not grow if other Factions want it, so the above much healthier Factions should start looking at improving strategical RVR balance by helping weaker Factions (like the mighty Sweeds did in the past) for the sake of RVR content and to avoid population leacks.    

Overall, while organized Factions are going fast in military growth others are struggling to exist. RVR is fun when you have several blocks rather balanced, it might become soon boring if we let it go towards a few superpowers fighting each other. It's true that Port Bonus system does not help AT ALL small struggling Factions...Unless Alliances system could be implemented.

• Like 5

Prussia lost Monk and they are going to Dutch. Krake(hansa) are super carebears and snapped up all of prussias 45 point ports early on. They refused to offer Monk any of the 45 point ports so we could build them up. Then at one point Krake threatened to pull friendship rights with Monk so that all their investments in New Orleans would be null.

So prussia just lost its best PVP clan while in the midst of a war with Russia due to a bunch of carebears having control of all the good ports.

Allow me to suggest a few corrections/amendments:

23 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Hey all,

n°3-GB: Some of their historical clans left to start in other faction. Large territory & therefore large potential to climb fleet level in medium run, as long as its population remain steady. No idea yet about any large clan that would drive this Faction. But its potential remains as always one of the highest.

GB has at least two very large clans (BAIT and BASTD) although not all of them can be considered active in RvR. Not sure about EARs current numbers. Also with CRED they still have a clan of decently competent RvR Veterans who can hold their own against many other fleets.

n°6-DUTCH: Weak former Faction (due to low population), several serious clans has started with Dutch flag together with CABAL , its a new Faction to count with now which is good for creating a new Eastern forces balance.
That makes it seem a bit like everyone followed CABAL to VP, when in fact they rejoined their old home fairly late or at least made their intentions known only after lots of other clans already came in. VP population was not that low before release either, afaik. The amount of RvR-Interested players was probably negligible though.

• Like 1

If you saw how many afk russian traders/alts get popped on a daily basis you'd be laughing as well. But hey i guess you can technically call it pvp on the forums. 

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, rediii said:

20190628152021_1.jpg?width=1024&height=577

#2 is not even close. And Krake the head of Prussia who took all the good ports are 4th with 0.6 kdr.

2 hours ago, Potemkin said:

If you saw how many afk russian traders/alts get popped on a daily basis you'd be laughing as well. But hey i guess you can technically call it pvp on the forums. 

Im sorry. Is actively waging economic warfare on russia a BAD thing?? 

3 hours ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Hey all,

n°1-RUSSIA:  Lots of major clans with 40 to 50 active players overall. (Same leaders as before release) with fresh incorporation of experimented players from other Factions. Main territory is the Gulf. This Faction has got today great capacity and huge potential.

n°2-PIRATES: Many clans, some with larger organization, but overall a wild conglomerate of clans without perceivible common goal.

n°3-GB: Some of their historical clans left to start in other Faccion. Large territory & therefore large potential to climb fleet level in medium run, as long as its population remain steady. No idea yet about any large clan that would drive this Faction. But its potential remains as always one of the highest.

n°4-PRUSSIA: Nice surprise to see a well organized Faction that has well prepared the release event, impressive territory for a Faction without starting Map area. Alliances with Prussia will result so important for the whole Western Map zone stability.

n°5-DANES: After being an almost dead faction, the release has reborn this Faction with HAVOC clan imigration starting the new Danish history with DNP, Good luck gents !

n°7-USA: No input yet about remaining clans and global Faction situation, but looks like USA will still be stuck into that damn Map corner...

n°8-SWEDEN: No input yet neither, but looks like Golden age of Sweden is far behind us today...Although Danes may become a steady friendly neighbourg.

n°9-POLAND: few data but current Polish clans seem to follow an agressive behavior, this Faction could become a surprise if its players are numerous enough and wise.

n°10-SPAIN: Catastrophical start after release, so territory groth is very weak and Pirate neighbourghood is a thick needle in its foot...Spain has its playerbase but some of its historical clans started in other Factions, so as France, this Faction must be somehow preserved now if we want it to become competitive tomorrow.

n°11-FRANCE: Looks like its start was similar as Spain (maybe due to similarity of its playerbase mentality). France will not grow if other Factions want it, so the above much healthier Factions should start looking at improving strategical RVR balance by helping weaker Factions (like the mighty Sweeds did in the past) for the sake of RVR content and to avoid population leacks.    

Overall, while organized Factions are going fast in military growth others are struggling to exist. RVR is fun when you have several blocks rather balanced, it might become soon boring if we let it go towards a few superpowers fighting each other. It's true that Port Bonus system does not help AT ALL small struggling Factions...Unless Alliances system could be implemented.

My little birds tell me you're missing a lot of information about power base, strength, plans and internal politics of various nations... Which is cool, we'll have interesting times ahead :)