Game-Labs Forum

Fresh RVR History (from 06-2019)

Celtiberofrog

I think certain groups are taking these big battles too seriously. No matter who you are, sometimes the odds will be against you and you'll lose. That's just how the game is. The sooner people get over losing the sooner people can stop being so petty.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Liberalism said:

Ah, was it only Banished? I thought everyone did it in all nations. Just take a look how Cap Francais timer changed from 0-3 to 16-19 after King of Crowns started his crusade against pirates :) Don't be a hypocrite and face the truth. Prussia did defend its ports, no matter the timer. Was it night, evening, morning, we had battles in all time zones. Salina Point tells a long story... 

You all keep crying about timers, but Reverse did take Kidds Island from WO during the night timers, I didn't see him crying. Grow a pair in your pants and man up.

Kek, especially last part.

GL Penta flipping and hiding ports behind stupid timers, and when you get flipped - don't forget to ask few other nations to screen for you/

1 hour ago, Liberalism said:

When one side complains about timers and plans to multiflip enemy nation with half the server *cough* Christendom Octaflip™ It is one cancer defending from another cancer. Good timer can counter most multiflips. We all know that multiflips are dumb and cheap way to win and get ports without fighting. 

I heard that the octaflip (patent pending) was to combat a certain clan from timer dodging at 11-14 all the ports the bahamas.  Half the server is a little rich, it was only 2 nations.  You also benefited from it, which I think at the time you didn't seem too concerned about.  This was before MAGIC clans time of course.

I'm not sure 1 clan changing their port to a different time is the same as ALL the prussian ports changing.....  but OK.

Sure does seem like back in the fine woods period with no timers there was a lot more battles taking place.  Full battles with 50-100 people outside of each one screening.  Usually every day or at least a few times a week.  Now....not so much.   

Actually, Operation Octopussy involved players from 3 nations in port battle and a few other nations screening.  Every port that was defended was not taken.  But then, Chrissy would've known this.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:37 PM, Liberalism said:

You all keep crying about timers, but Reverse did take Kidds Island from WO during the night timers, I didn't see him crying. Grow a pair in your pants and man up.

sometimes I want to cry about it. Because the only one opponent with whom to fight now - the Dutch. Hide behind night timers.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Barents said:

Global server failed twice.

To make it work we need something else then "Timers". I just don´t know what...

Not only you. Its a old problem simple because time zones. So there is no easy solution for that or we dont know it yet.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 5:46 AM, Liberalism said:

We didn't have global server, but 2 regional servers and we both know that. That was US server called Global and EU server called EU PvP.

Where do we begin?

1. Many players didn't receive their exp and rank on Global server during the split. Even after meeting the requirment of doing 1 battle etc. etc. and ignoring the fact that you had to take certain actions to get your rank there prior to split. Severely limits players and unfair for these that didn't know about it or came later

2. "EU Global" Server became "EU PvP" server keeping it's entire playerbase, database and everything in tact, unchanged. That's why many players didn't move to global. Situation would have been different if EU Global became the actual "EU Global" server after the split. 

3. Clans didn't want to split. I personally have been a part of international clan and about half of the clan was EU. We did split as a clan, but later we came back together. It was really no fun playing with just half the friends, not all of them. We know for the fact that server split killed clans such as ZERG. Pretty much the most important clan in GB at the time.

Don't forget that for the first 2 months of "global" the server had timer restrictions that were the same as EU and no RVR could be done after 9PM EST, effectively killing RVR for most americans and oceanic players. 

On 7/19/2019 at 11:46 AM, Liberalism said:

We didn't have global server, but 2 regional servers and we both know that. That was US server called Global and EU server called EU PvP.

Where do we begin?

1. Many players didn't receive their exp and rank on Global server during the split. Even after meeting the requirment of doing 1 battle etc. etc. and ignoring the fact that you had to take certain actions to get your rank there prior to split. Severely limits players and unfair for these that didn't know about it or came later

2. "EU Global" Server became "EU PvP" server keeping it's entire playerbase, database and everything in tact, unchanged. That's why many players didn't move to global. Situation would have been different if EU Global became the actual "EU Global" server after the split. 

3. Clans didn't want to split. I personally have been a part of international clan and about half of the clan was EU. We did split as a clan, but later we came back together. It was really no fun playing with just half the friends, not all of them. We know for the fact that server split killed clans such as ZERG. Pretty much the most important clan in GB at the time.

Before the split the server was international, no matter how it was called. And it was split for reasons.

Don´t get me wrong. I totally agree on all of your points. Espacially the 3rd one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Cartagena isn't...?

East coast isn't hiding, that's WO's primetime.

I'm thinking the concept of time zones is lost on Reverse , after looking at the timers. I only see WO and MONX with timers outside EU hours and they are both ? American based clans and therefore have a primetime that is different from Russia

somebody enlighten me if I have missed something ? or does he need help with time zones around the world not being the same ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vizzini said:

I'm thinking the concept of time zones is lost on Reverse , after looking at the timers. I only see WO and MONX with timers outside EU hours and they are both ? American based clans and therefore have a primetime that is different from Russia

somebody enlighten me if I have missed something ? or does he need help with time zones around the world not being the same ?

He is just sad because despite many people warning him, he let his clan get too big. And now it's sucking the fun out even for him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Garneray said:

Maybe he needs new glasses :D

The  smiley tells  me  a  story.

But, there is  no  need  for  others  to  mention  someone's shortcomings.

The Defenders saw a battle... the defenders saw not everyone

the defenders saw what they could see..

but should they be glad of should they wonder !

perhaps some Captains are in... need of the glasses on the wall 

Tell me what time it was and i tell you a story and ......smile