Game-Labs Forum

Fresh RVR History (from 06-2019)

Celtiberofrog

I would be much more comfortable with 3rd rate permits bought from CM and 1st 2nd rate permits that have a slight possibility to drop from epic events/deadmans chests. 

Even though it would mean that me personally would have a harder time getting one, but rvr fleets would be planned around 3rd rates and adding 2nd or 1st rates to them if people had them available, and people would probably prefer to have them combat built instead of crafting them out of fir fir etc, this would also let people of lower ranks be somewhat relevant to rvr other then mortar Brig

Edited by Guest

Making them more expensive wouldnt help at all strong Nations will still have a full fleet of them, only way to make it more "even" would be way smaller BR on Ports that are not 55Points or Cener of the Map/Strategic Positions and/or a System like max 3 1st Rates 5 2nd Rates in one PB.

The Way it is right now you just fill up with First Rates no variation needed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Routan said:

An OW PvP peace will never work. it never had and never will. To many different clans. 

Not asking for complete peace. Just a filter. 

4 hours ago, Routan said:

It will never happend. To many clans. Even if the top clans should agree to it, it is impossible to uphold. To many clans and alts in the game. Unless we get an alliance system in to the game, it will never work.

Sweden and Danmark it could work. Both nations there are very few clans and control is quiet easy. Granted slip ups do occur. But again not looking for complete non-pvp.

15 minutes ago, Carl von Lichtenfels said:

Making them more expensive wouldnt help at all strong Nations will still have a full fleet of them, only way to make it more "even" would be way smaller BR on Ports that are not 55Points or Cener of the Map/Strategic Positions and/or a System like max 3 1st Rates 5 2nd Rates in one PB.

The Way it is right now you just fill up with First Rates no variation needed.

What if the permits have a small Chance of dropping from admiral chest and deadmans chest this would limit to MAYBE 6 (if thats how many shipwrecks at the event) permit each week, trader will try to get it, pvp'ers will try to get it, pve'ers will do missions getting admiral chests. 

Problem i see is a ship wipe of the 1st and 2nd rates *sigh*. This are kind of stuff that was needed to be tested pre release @admin for a healthy RVR system

3 hours ago, Potemkin said:

So if anyone takes a port anywhere on the map now with frontline mechanics will they get accused of "just trying to get closer to the enemy crafting port"? I was under the impression that those were the only brit ports we could get to after they swapped timers on the other side of the frontline to 05-08. But dont let common sense get in the way, gotta nourish the growing carebear coalition :D

The funniest part about that whole affair to me at least, is that we wanted to grind salamanca, one of if not the easiest port to defend on the map and a whole lot of fun to try to attack. The brits, in their infinite  wisdom, only redirected the axis of attack away from the easiest port they had to defend using cheesy ass timers.

its not our job to provide you with content ,,, we will set timers as we want ..

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Wyy said:

I would be much more comfortable with 3rd rate permits bought from CM and 1st 2nd rate permits that have a slight possibility to drop from epic events/deadmans chests. 

Even though it would mean that me personally would have a harder time getting one, but rvr fleets would be planned around 3rd rates and adding 2nd or 1st rates to them if people had them available, and people would probably prefer to have them combat built instead of crafting them out of fir fir etc, this would also let people of lower ranks be somewhat relevant to rvr other then mortar Brig

I really like that idea.

but it won't work unless BR on ports is lowered. Because clans/nations would just wait longer until they have the fleet to support the BR limit. as it is now, 20k and 25k BR ports will not be contested unless you have the 1st rate fleet to support it.

If you even reduce that to 12k-15k BR the aim to have a "larger 3rd rate presence" would start to work.

25 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

@Anolytic is very good at hidinig behind word definitions and playing dumb

I like to use words with their right definition, but I see no reason to play dumb when there are so many actually stupid people.

26 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

"Reds don't want belize/brangman's/trux" wow so someone actually FORCED you to go and attack brangman's bluefields heh? i'm so sorry 

Pretty much, yes. We needed something to do, and Bluefields was the only area that was open within reach. 

36 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

You're such a great liar aren't you? britain upgrading every port ?? seriously?? we've only upgraded 1.5 so far as a nation (if you ignore the 1-2 small clans that went and upgraded ports in the middle of nowhere on like lvl 1).

How are we to know what ports are upgraded "as a nation" and what ports are not? Feel free to inform us which ports we may attack and which we may not.

38 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

As a matter of fact we had our own spy tell us AND someone from another nation came to us (on the same day) saying that russia (mainly reds) are planning to take the entire west coast all the way down to cartagena. I'm sure you'll say that's not so and you have no idea about it. Who's willing to bet that he'll say that ?

Sometimes I do wish you guys had some actual spies so that you wouldn't have to base solely on rumours. Now I know where (and when) you have your "information" from, but sadly you are way off. Just because something is proposed or joked about, doesn't make it actual plans. We've talked about much worse things than reminiscing over the good old days of the danish Panama Campaign, without actually planning to do them.

58 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

We have also in our possesion a mail from a big russian clan saying , and i quiote, "Our next victims will be Prussians we will attack Matina at Friday 15:00 ST" 

Interesting. I would like to see that mail. 

1 hour ago, John Sheppard said:

You always pretend to be just etc but we all remember how you guys used to hide loged off to get into PBs around belize a year ago or so and when the 30min timer was introduced you were hiding in a battle with an alt

Get your facts straight. The 30 minute PB-timer was introduced 6 months (May 2017) before Russia was added (October 2017) to the game. There was no logging off outside Belize. Hiding in battle, sure, but no alts. And keep in mind we were the first to ask for hiding in battle to be fixed, but it was made clear that this was allowed, even encouraged, gameplay. There is no dishonour in playing the game by the rules.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

I like to use words with their right definition, but I see no reason to play dumb when there are so many actually stupid people.

Pretty much, yes. We needed something to do, and Bluefields was the only area that was open within reach. 

How are we to know what ports are upgraded "as a nation" and what ports are not? Feel free to inform us which ports we may attack and which we may not.

Sometimes I do wish you guys had some actual spies so that you wouldn't have to base solely on rumours. Now I know where (and when) you have your "information" from, but sadly you are way off. Just because something is proposed or joked about, doesn't make it actual plans. We've talked about much worse things than reminiscing over the good old days of the danish Panama Campaign, without actually planning to do them.

Interesting. I would like to see that mail. 

Get your facts straight. The 30 minute PB-timer was introduced 6 months (May 2017) before Russia was added (October 2017) to the game. There was no logging off outside Belize. Hiding in battle, sure, but no alts. And keep in mind we were the first to ask for hiding in battle to be fixed, but it was made clear that this was allowed, even encouraged, gameplay. There is no dishonour in playing the game by the rules.

Oh ,here we go again 

1st i can't help to notice that you failed to adress my point (or pretend you didn't see it) about you bringing overwhelming strength against someone you know has less than half of what you've got 

And about which ports we are trying to develop don't pretend you don't know . I've already told you which ports we're devloping . You can attack any of the ports outside the designated congrios-black river triangle but if you bring full fleet of 1st rates with all best PB players don't complain you don't get any content coz we can't match that (for the near future) and unlike some people think we're not stupid enough to fight battles that we're 100% sure to lose if we can't easily recover to fight the next day. Just comon sense

As if i would share the mail revealing our source . Not that it would matter coz it's not from REDS clan and you will say what you want again

You may have not been in RU at the time and i'm not talking specificly about yourself only but it doesn't matter again you're missing the point

"There is no dishonour in playing the game by the rules" again you show your intellectually dishonesty by saying that . You bring overwhelming force which YOU KNOW the enemy doesn't have a hope of even coming close to matching yet you still want to get every possible additional advantage you can get . What was that about dishonorable gameplay again? oh nevermind 

1 minute ago, Immersive Ganking said:

So you're telling REDS don't have outposts in La Tortue and thus cannot attack the Pirate ports of Baracoa and Cap-Francais? And the ports of San Juan and Ponce are also not within reach from La Mona? 

our fleet was in tumbado so we could have attacked pinar del rio but we dont want to go after the prussians, great corn was the closest out post we could sail to as some of our players had used there tows to more there ships to tumbado  

1 hour ago, Immersive Ganking said:

So you're telling REDS don't have outposts in La Tortue and thus cannot attack the Pirate ports of Baracoa and Cap-Francais? And the ports of San Juan and Ponce are also not within reach from La Mona? 

Attack San Juan woud mean attacking the Danish crafting Port. Wich woud you guys call unfair again. So we cant..

Side note: We dont have La Tortue

9 hours ago, vazco said:

Once Russia is more balanced, we could return to this :)

Right now I have a feeling it would be very one-sided - more like a random screening contest, than a good fight of well organized fleets.

If BF don't won't screeners at a PB the Russian Clans will follow whatever @Reverse wants... so please arrange a fight against him if you want, we will come if Reverse tell us or not show if he wants that.. all up to you

• Like 1

Well, to me the great plan by REDS (and other clans?) was to get a port at the edge of both GB and Prussia to farm AI and traders in safety w/o long sail. But they had it in St Domingo (with both Danes and Dutch around the corner), but apparently decided to let it go for it involves too much pvp and risk of loosing ships. 

Edited by Stilgar

Why such a dual approach in the game? If Russia has become a stronger country in the game, many players are outraged by this fact. However, no one was outraged when Britain was the largest country in the game and was Zerg. Why should BF, or REDS, or NN have to leave the Russian Empire? They decided to play for this nation in the game.

Russian players, playing for Denmark earlier (before Russia's introduction to the game), never resented the forum and did not call SLRN (for example) to leave the nation and stop being Zerg. We went out to sea to fight for the ports, themselves attacked the British ports, went to the capital for PVP. In those days, Britain was creating content for us.

Stop crying. The success of a nation depends on the actions of the players within the nation. Create strong Nations. And conquer the world.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Medniy Sandal said:

Why such a dual approach in the game? If Russia has become a stronger country in the game, many players are outraged by this fact. However, no one was outraged when Britain was the largest country in the game and was Zerg. Why should BF, or REDS, or NN have to leave the Russian Empire? They decided to play for this nation in the game.

Russian players, playing for Denmark earlier (before Russia's introduction to the game), never resented the forum and did not call SLRN (for example) to leave the nation and stop being Zerg. We went out to sea to fight for the ports, themselves attacked the British ports, went to the capital for PVP. In those days, Britain was creating content for us.

Stop crying. The success of a nation depends on the actions of the players within the nation. Create strong Nations. And conquer the world.

Гугл переводчик зло. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Medniy Sandal said:

You can't compare the old days when SLRN was strong with today where ports, especially crafting ports, are important for a nation to survive.

I really love this thread! But I am afraid it's getting out of hands. Especially @Meraun, @Anolytic and @North should be warned for trolling.

Please follow these rules to keep the level of quality:

1. Trust your information! Your spies are the best. Always believe them. 
  2. Keep your information secret! The safest way to do this is to talk about others only. Never talk about yourself or the information you have. 
  3. Never believe lies. Your information is the obvious truth.
  4. People writing here always lie! 
  5. Do not trust "facts". There are always alternative facts. If in doubt, apply rules #1 through #4. 
  6. Rule #4 does not apply to yourself (of course). This is obvious to everyone. No need to prove this. Unless, you play for Russian faction. 

Thank you!