Game-Labs Forum

Fresh RVR History (from 06-2019)

Celtiberofrog

4 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Prussia is currently the 5th largest nation in terms of territory.

It was ONE clan, not even a whole one, who got a OW fight. Shallow ports are so ridiculously easy to flip it could happen almost by accident. I'm sure pirates didn't really mind.

No. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. San Marcos was flipped only at the request of some Spanish clans. Then we received more information about the internal dispute and realised we did not want to step into the internal Spanish politics, so we decided not to go. In the meantime the port was unfortunately dropped by the owners. The whole affair was a waste of our time, but as already mentioned, shallow ports are effortless to flip.

Belive me, that wasn't the intent. We realised we wouldn't be able to get to the first one, so we set the second one to be able to get a fight.

Prussia is still very much present on the map, and what goes for Brits they were never destroyed by Russia. If anything they destroyed themselves. When we were done with Brits they still had more territory than any other nation. REDS has always been concerned with server health. This is why in the past we have helped the weakest nations when they were under pressure. Spain against Brits and Pirates in the Gulf, Poland against Pirates in Hispaniola, France against Brits in Antilles, and when we started out, half the nations begged for our help against Sweden, which we did.

REDS don't want Truxillo. We don't even want Bluefields, or Brangmann's, or even Belize ever since we realised that some clan was upgrading crafting there. Although we're starting to wonder if Brits are making crafting upgrades in every port just so that they can complain about us attacking their crafting hubs whichever port we attack. It's the only way it would make sense not to focus on like a couple of ports for crafting. It's a not-so-new port-battle defence move called "whining-till-the-enemy-goes-away", not to be confused with "winning".

Also, are you dense? It's only possible to take missions in a single spot for Salamanca. It's actually a major pain since each player can then only bring one mission. And you have no counter hostility fleet. We wish. First time we went for Salamanca we waited around more than an hour for you to show up and give us a fight and counter us.

None of this is actually true.

WTF kind of stupid shit are you on about?

You are good at propaganda. Dam good.

Now, shallow ports got flipped by "mistake", because they are easy to flip. Funny.

Prussia has lost its playerbase thanks to Russia. More than half of them have moved to other nations. The amount of ports with a prussian flag doesn't matter. Russia made an agreement with Prussia about the gulf and you couldn't keep your part of the deal.

At Nouvelle Orleans we saw the same story with hostility missions at the same spot. Tactic you used also in Salamanca, no matter the tribunal thread about it.

You had an alliance with the mentioned nations cause you did several multiflips. Btw, tactic you keep doing. 

The best part of your post is that one where we destroy ourselves. Of course, it has nothing to do when you attacked Belize surroundings with the help of the spanish and hide on battles to avoid our screening fleets.

REDS didn't give a f-u-c-k when you steamrolled the dutch a few months ago, probably it was too fun to think about a "healthy server". You killed the dutch but that wasn't important. Russia doesn't care about anything but themselves when in the last wipe you had almost all 55 point ports and controlled puerto espana, cartagena, santo domingo, san juan, bermudas, kidds, nouvelle orleans, kidds, cap francais, nassau.

1 hour ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

Your clan came against GB and took the ports at Belize, where we had our crafting outposts.

Fighting brits is like walking on eggshells. You can't go anywhere without knocking over somebody's crafting ports. Just don't build crafting outposts in Salamanca and you'll all be fine.

Same against Sweden. You attacked several times Philipsburg and later Saint Johns, which both were ports where the swedish had their shipyards.

Actually, it was the other way around (Philipsburg last), and they were only attacked to trigger a fight, successfully. Players tended not to show up to unimportant port-battles. It doesn't mean we intended to keep those ports.

1 hour ago, Liberalism said:

It seems like taking main craft base equals one-porting from the past. Everyone welcome the "meaningful RvR" that got added thanks to RvR giants like Anolytic or redii.

Read my past posts. I've always argued against what I call "RvR-importance". I'm all for "meaningful RvR" if defined as rewarding RvR (remember resource rewards for successful PBs?), but never win-or-quit-the-game RvR. That I've always argued against.

The suggestions of Anolytic were only aimed to those players with the same zerg mentality as him.

I've NEVER argued for my playstyle to be the only one. Not even the main one. At least I tried to make suggestions for the game. Just because some of them were (partially) listened to doesn't mean I'm responsible for everything else that you think is wrong with the game. Most of the suggestions that I've written up are from listening to players who play differently than me and have different wishes for the game than me.

I've suggested pirate-only mechanics even though I don't play pirate. I've made suggestions to ease the crafting economy substantially for "normal" players. And I've made countless other arguments and suggestions that go against my particular way of playing, but which I believed would be overall beneficial to most players.

7 minutes ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

You are good at propaganda. Dam good.

The truth isn't propaganda.

11 minutes ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

Now, shallow ports got flipped by "mistake", because they are easy to flip. Funny.

Five players in frigates can flip a shallow port. Ask VCO, who owns Morgan's, if they felt threathened.

12 minutes ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

Prussia has lost its playerbase thanks to Russia. More than half of them have moved to other nations. The amount of ports with a prussian flag doesn't matter. Russia made an agreement with Prussia about the gulf and you couldn't keep your part of the deal.

I think you'll find that no agreement was ever actually made about the Gulf. You'll also find that the Prussian clans that left were mainly preparing long before Nouvelle Orleans was lost, and we were even approached by Prussian clans that requested our help in screwing over rival Prussian clans, requests we politely passed.

18 minutes ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

Tactic you used also in Salamanca

I have no idea about Nouvelle Orleans, but in Salamanca it's not a hello kittying tactic. Get it through your head finally. It is only possible to get missions in one single location. We have literally no choice in the matter. Borrow Salamanca to us and you can try it yourself how it works.

21 minutes ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

You had an alliance with the mentioned nations cause you did several multiflips.

A. Multiflips don't mean an alliance, only common enemy. B. Multiflips weren't our idea. C. Multiflips didn't even have our approval (in the timeframe you refer to). The other nations got wind of when we planned an attack and made their own at the same time, which made it harder for us to get a decent fight.

25 minutes ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

Btw, tactic you keep doing. 

Brangmann's and Bluefields weren't multiflipped. They were flipped one after another (when we realised we couldn't make it to the first one), and there was more than enough time for the British fleet to sail from Brangmann's to Bluefields, except you got cold feet and turned back to harbour even though we ordered our screeners not to attack your PB fleet.

29 minutes ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

REDS didn't give a f-u-c-k when you steamrolled the dutch a few months ago, probably it was too fun to think about a "healthy server". You killed the dutch but that wasn't important.

REDS didn't steamroll Dutch. We took a couple of counties and let the rest of their territory be. Dutch abandoned the Maracaibo area after all of four battles, of which they won the first two and lost only the last two. 

33 minutes ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

Russia doesn't care about anything but themselves when in the last wipe you had almost all 55 point ports

Speaking for REDS, we were trying to make the point that a limited number of OP crafting ports are bad for the game. Apparently it didn't go through, maybe because everyone was whining about Russia this and Russia that instead of themselves suggesting better, more balanced mechanics?

• Like 2

People will attack, do whatever they want that fit themselves. This is a game. A game with poor RvR design, which creates all this drama about crafting ports. May be after 1 year all the ports will be fully upgraded with no effect on anything than adding same meta bonuses. It only serves as a gap opener at the start of the server.

RvR has never been that bad, thanks to some amazing suggestions and Devs amazed with those ideas. 👏

No one but a fool is always right. May be Developers should listen to the people with more experience of being wrong rather than forcing everybody to play like those fools.

6 hours ago, _Alucard_ said:
7 hours ago, OjK said:

You see? That's the problem of this game.
How about "trying to rebuild"?
Finding a "balance"?

Just no - let's go other super power to make it another super power.

That's SUPER BORING.

Forged Papers are absolutely worst thing that could have happened to this game.

Yes, and that is the reason you are playing with havoc and not with poland. 

Lol

Kind reminder: OjK is a member of SNOW who, incidentally, left GB on release to find a smaller nation. Get your facts straight, muchacho...

It was right after we switched that VPs playerbase massively increased. We would have picked another nation had we known beforehand. Bad timing, but ship happens. Now we honestly don't want to leave again, especially right after pumping a metric shitton of CMs, VMs and Doubloons first into the national infrastructure then into our own...

2 hours ago, Koveras said:

especially over ships that can easily be replaced.

How can we replace them when we hardly have the time to safely transport our resources to craft? We can easily do the same to Danmark at all hours of the day but were not pricks.

Our thanks to HAVOC for giving us the breathing space recently. Hence, why we actually answered their plea to help screen for them yesterday. 

We can either help HAVOC's operations like many of us want to do, but if Danmark continues with the constant PvP through majority of the days we will not. It makes no sense for a nation to help another who is being overly aggressive towards them.

Edited by Davos Seasworth

45 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

How can we replace them when we hardly have the time to safely transport our resources to craft? We can easily do the same to Danmark at all hours of the day but were not pricks.

Our thanks to HAVOC for giving us the breathing space recently. Hence, why we actually answered their plea to help screen for them yesterday. 

We can either help HAVOC's operations like many of us want to do, but if Danmark continues with the constant PvP through majority of the days we will not. It makes no sense for a nation to help another who is being overly aggressive towards them.

I (HEAVN) agree. Our PvP relationship must be made clearer by the clan leaders.
Traders of friendly nations must always be a taboo.

5 hours ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

My bad, jags and bill barents were VCO.

However, after the fall of russia, both joined you in 7UP. And now, both are REDS.

talking about facts...

Jags and me were 7UP since 2016 but what do i know...

The VCO days were a short time after server merge.

• Like 2

The Problem ist all those non Russians just hiding behind BF's and russian Players Strenght, REDS alone could never get shit done alone - better join Zerg. 

And yes Prussia is dead, nice argument that they are not after 80% of Players left cause they have some Ports on the Map.

Edited by Carl von Lichtenfels

11 hours ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

BF is Russia. 

bullshit, BF is one half of Russia.

Can you maybe write down some RvR rules for us? When are we allowed to attack wich Port? in wich Ships and wich upgrades?  What, in your Opinion woud be legit RvR to play?

Edited by Meraun

31 minutes ago, Carl von Lichtenfels said:

The Problem ist all those non Russians just hiding behind BF's and russian Players Strenght, REDS alone could never get shit done alone - better join Zerg. 

And yes Prussia is dead, nice argument that they are not after 80% of Players left cause they have some Ports on the Map.

Reds and rus was the first clans in the russian nation. Stop talking shit.

Bf and reds are not playing together. 

49 minutes ago, El Patron said:

Reds and rus was the first clans in the russian nation. Stop talking shit.

Bf and reds are not playing together. 

Yes and BF did not craft ships in Vera Cruz either and REDS wasnt at Penzacola all phantoms.

We all know that you could never take on BF even if you wanted to so you stay in the same Nation and benefit.

10 hours ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

Вы один из тех идиотов. Ваша нация уничтожила Пруссию.

do not attribute the laurels BF to all the nations we warned, we said, we did not listen, this is a natural result.
I remind Prussian pussies about 1 thing - remember what you wrote in combat chats? where are you all now?

Gentlemen,

Since the last wipe, war server has got a better population rate, it is rather steady around 1000 players by European evenings.

This is quite positive and should offer better RVR perspectives.

Now it's just a matter of balancing the repartition of main active clans in different Factions   8))

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

No chance to balance it out since there is no reason for REDS or BF to move nation after they already set up shipyards, upgraded their ports etc.

Russia will stay as big and competitive as 3 nations combined (probably rather 4)

your new alliance is 60% or 70% of the server pop.

now you play in the largest nation under 4 different flags

you write here in the forum that you dont like to play in a big nation! that's very funny

23 minutes ago, Gringo69rus said:

do not attribute the laurels BF to all the nations we warned, we said, we did not listen, this is a natural result.
I remind Prussian pussies about 1 thing - remember what you wrote in combat chats? where are you all now?

Kids that post this shit naturally left nation after the first lost battle, they are called EAGLE now in denmark :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Carl von Lichtenfels said:

Kids that post this shit naturally left nation after the first lost battle, they are called EAGLE now in denmark :)

I heard that the prussian Destroyer is Cid 

Edited by Guest

Just now, rediii said:

I dont care about server pop. What matters is active RvR players and then that "alliance" isn't bigger than russia. It's smaller with smaller ships in general and their ability to work together is rather limited since we can't join eachothers portbattles while russia can. Even if we would have 2 fleets of 1st rates combined we couldn't efficiently play with them because they are too spread out.

However this will end, russia has the advantage no matter what some people say here that don't have a clue about NA 

We have the same.  Bf and reds are not playing together.

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

They will since BF doesn't want russia to lose vera cruz

Bf is crafting in Orleans 

5 minutes ago, El Patron said:

Bf is crafting in Orleans 

They dont care about BF, they're after REDS and REDS alone. Notice no one has directly accused BF of doing anything wrong, its either "russian nation" or REDS. Even Carl LickinTurds backed right down when gringo69 called him out, even though it was BF that shitwrecked their nation, we're the meanies because we screened one battle lmao. Just more forum posturing from HAVOC.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, rediii said:

What did you even think you would get there at bluefields after destroying the whole british fleet? and why did reds attack brangmans first and not bluefields? You guys just want to get closer to the british craftingport

So if anyone takes a port anywhere on the map now with frontline mechanics will they get accused of "just trying to get closer to the enemy crafting port"? I was under the impression that those were the only brit ports we could get to after they swapped timers on the other side of the frontline to 05-08. But dont let common sense get in the way, gotta nourish the growing carebear coalition :D

The funniest part about that whole affair to me at least, is that we wanted to grind salamanca, one of if not the easiest port to defend on the map and a whole lot of fun to try to attack. The brits, in their infinite  wisdom, only redirected the axis of attack away from the easiest port they had to defend using cheesy ass timers.

Edited by Potemkin

Why is everyone saying how bad and how things are not working. If every week in one place half of the server gathers and many large-scale and legendary battles take place.

Is this not a sign that everything works very well. Yes, there are nuances and obvious shortcomings and huge drawbacks.

But guys, we get what we came to this game for.
Maybe everyone will cease to fight on the forum and go to fight in the sea? Although the war on the forum, the life and activity of the forum is also a good sign.

• Like 13