Game-Labs Forum

ALT clan capturing enemy port

8 minutes ago, Spikes said:

I'm confused. On one hand, you want the owner of the port to be able to control the other ports under the capital region (eg. more power). On the other hand, you're saying the owner of the capital port has too much power (in this example, Lionshaft) and you think he should not be able to open up a port for all (eg. less power)? Your post is very contradictory.

As for the sub-port idea, I like it personally. It would've helped us a bit with random clans capping ports.

It was an example of the extreme.   There is no solution for that if it happens, but there is a solution to prevent random clans or alts from taking ports under a region owners/nation.  I also think all sub region ports should pay half there tax's towards the Capital owner.  10% tax means 5% goes back to the Nations Kings/Queens back in EU and 5% to the regional Governor (capital port clan owner).    These are all topics for another post (that has been done over and over) and not here.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

What if the region owner is the problem-child clan? This isn't a solution. If MAGIC had approached VCO to take Ays and then pass it back to them after would that be more or less acceptable in your view?  As long as cannons are on their ships it's already confirmed this isn't tribunal-worthy either, so ... 

MAGIC is VCO and its bs

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

What if the region owner is the problem-child clan? This isn't a solution. If MAGIC had approached VCO to take Ays and then pass it back to them after would that be more or less acceptable in your view?  As long as cannons are on their ships it's already confirmed this isn't tribunal-worthy either, so ... 

I mention that above, there should be some way to oust a clan if a nation has a problem with it.  Even Pirate FFA didn't allow this, but it was a nice option they had at one time to deal with trouble players.  The problem than is big clans can than bully small clans unless you make it a multi clan national vote thing.  

Stop acting like MAGIC is other players, it'e right now three VCO members alts (I don't know who the forth member is), there you  go RPing again....lol

As for Ays we don't know what VCO/UWS (adding them cause they did the hostility by that video not VCO) intentions is, but if they did attack Ays and gave it to Magic like they did with Little River that would be shady as hell and there is no in game mechanic to stop it and it's not against the rules, just very shady practice.   If it's to be allowed than they need some means for a nation to take care or rebel clans within.   We don't have that system in game and prob never will cause I can see how it can be abused also to bully push small clans around too.  

And lets get it straight this should be more in discussion area than Tribunal, which seems to much stuff gets thrown over here and turns into a heated discussion when that is not how tribunals are suppose to work and yes I'm guilty of this just as much as every one else in this thread.  So if a mod would like to lock it or better move it to the proper section?

15 minutes ago, Wraith said:

MONKS is MONK... and?

Well lets look at them

Magic:  Clan 4, 3 of which are confirmed alts of VCO players that hunt US players and etc.  Has been none to swap ports with VCO so US can't attack them.

MONKS:  Clan 10, with most of those not being alts of a unfriendly clan/nation.  MONK does not hunt US coast line and players.  Has never swapped any ports with other clans of any nation.  

There kinda is a big difference in this, rules broken no on either side, but the concept is ya'll are acting like MAGIC is a clan of players when it's nothing but VCO alts.

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

This is a bit of an aside here, but there must be some kind of award for someone with two posts to make their second a tribunal?

You smack of being a forum alt to me, otherwise how would you know anything of Little River?  Hmmmm. 🙄

Maybe cause the majority of the US does not sit on the forums like me and you every day making post.  Hell most of them are old retired guys that took for ever to get them to use DISCORD.  Hell some we took forever to use TS.   They aren't a bunch of hard core players like we are that seem to some times have no life....lol

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Just now, Teutonic said:

bs? yes

shitty? yes

against the rules? no.

But they are not stupid. They must see that it can only damage the game..and i include any alt clan in a foreign nation. And they don't need to do it

3 minutes ago, Black veil said:

so cute MAGIC approached VCO haha what happened, Christendom played puppets with both hands, hey right hand can u help me out?

too funny 😜

and these guys repeatedly complain about the guys that RP in the US nation. Which other than maybe Drax who doesn't play any more I'm not sure what they think RP is.  Doing political mettings between clans to have some organization isn't RPing.  Having hand puppets and pretending your alts are asking you help is a little bit of RP.  Hell just watch some of the stuff they say in US chat.  It's funny as hell how they play it all off, all the while being some of the biggest RPers in game....lol

Report any post you need to report.Actions will be taken.

This is a tribunal thread so please follow the proper Rules regarding Tribunal.

Last, and more of a call to attention to all, because it seems this is going a bit out of hand and may spread like wildfire - actions undertaken by players are logged, so if anything is irregular it will be easily spotted; and this includes "suicide" to undermine another clan hostility.

Open case, present data, wait for Developers, prepare for punishment.

Image result for naval action illustration punishment

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Liberalism said:

Let me just copy-paste this:

image.thumb.png.b1ddae83444e20c71745f3a0d7b43f3d.png

Source:

if Developers deem this punishable then I'm all for it. Under current rules though, there isn't enough evidence to show a rule was broken. 

It's a shitty thing to do, and it's obvious MAGIC are alts of VCO. but for the purposes of game mechanics as they currently are, no rule were broken.

56 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

Some recent complaint on Steam, connected with the case:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/311310/discussions/17/1679190184074893743/

Did you read what you post, or just skim the title and post?

Did you look at the pictures linked and read my reply? I clearly explained what happened there. Craigman just misunderstood the mechanics and chat colors is all. I joined a battle (on the US side) in an attempt to sink French. I told Craig to keep him tagged in while I caught up, and then I’d sink the Frenchman. He didn’t know the difference between blue and white text and thought I was telling the Frenchman that I would teamkill craig if he kept him tagged in LOL. (Which is non-consensual green on green, which is is tribunal worthy and something I would not take part in).

Its almost like people should learn how the mechanics work before making accusations that tarnish player’s reputation. 

Edited by William Death
Spelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

But they are not stupid. They must see that it can only damage the game..and i include any alt clan in a foreign nation. And they don't need to do it

ROVERS has multiple clans is other nations, or sister clans if you will.  MONK(s) is the same.  Hethwill himself has 2 nations on his forum sig.  Texas himself repeatedly on the forums about his characters in multiple nations.  MAGIC is merely a clan of like minded Potterheads who occasionally like to play as US characters.  Nothing more.

Let's also remember that little river was first taken by the pirates, not magic, and after 15 or so attempts by the US to take it back, we negotiated merciful transition of the port back into our hands with certain stipulations.  Being open was one of them. 

I fail to see the issue here.  It's not like this port was taken from another clan.  It was left neutral for over for 10+ days and the US leadership in their wisdom prevents clans from taking the port.  Even if magic were to leave it open, it would be more secure than a simple neutral port.  Seems like a lot of butt hurt is happening because their alts can't use the port anymore.   

No alts were sunk.  No alts were across mains on both sides of the battle.  Hostility was not manipulated.  Feelings were hurt, that's all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

how to fix the issue with limiting hostility missions to friends list on the Capital Owners friendly clan list and this wouldn't be an issue at all.

This just shifts the problem to the regional capital. Problem not solved.