Game-Labs Forum

"Backer Build One" feedback

Thank you for order of edition with early access. You feedback is valuable for us.

Please state
3 things you absolutely love about the build
3 things you want to be added or improved 
3 things you absolutely hate about the build

It will help a lot in prioritizing improvement plans.

Thanks for the tremendous support.

Love

1. The 3D graphic look very nice and are a great upgrade from older dimensions of Ultimate General.

2. The cannon sound from a far away distance is amazing, would love to see an update to closer up cannon sounds.

3. I really like the fact that you can destroy set parts of the ship, I just wish there was a way of trying to aim at specific targets.

Added

1. When you board an enemy ship you should see your marines/sailors move over to the enemy ship.

2. animations for when the cannons are being loaded should be added in.

3. damage models for the ships, be it set models after a set amount of hull damage or dynamic models based on where the shots hit the hull.

Hate

1. I do not understand why a ship with no hull left can still shoot at enemy ships while your ships cannot shoot back. I think either a no hull shouldn't be allowed to shoot back, or you should be allowed to make it go down faster by shooting.

2. The boarding mechanic is extremely finicky, I have had ships touching the enemy ship with orders to board, but they do not sometimes and other times they do. 

3. I struggled to think of a third thing to hate about the game, but I do wish there was a bar that would tell you how much time a flooding ship has left in some way. It would be nice to know that a ship is close to dying instead of you sometimes not realizing its going down only for it to die on you.

I mean like trying to specifically target the rudder, powder room etc, now I know that the enemy may not know where all of these rooms are. That's why it is something that I would like, but I could understand if it is not added into the game for the reason stated or any other reason.

53 minutes ago, jdk57 said:

I mean like trying to specifically target the rudder, powder room etc, now I know that the enemy may not know where all of these rooms are. That's why it is something that I would like, but I could understand if it is not added into the game for the reason stated or any other reason.

There is a way to do this. When you have one of your ships selected, double left click on your target. This will zoom the camera in and then you can left click on the area of the ship you would like to focus on.

Edit: Oops akd beat me to it.

Edited by pandakraut

HI,  Just started with the new game.

First thank you for your work and cannot wait to see the landing operations.

I like very much the graphics and sound environment of the game.

The boarding mechanics are very hard to master and frankly it is more of a guessing game.

The soldiers on land seem more difficult to maneuver then in Ultimate General, I found that the mechanics in Ultimate General where simple, precise and intuitive, please keep it that way.

Sincerely yours,

Love:

1. Graphics (ships/crew/water/environment) look awesome
  2. The story telling (please more)
  3. Atmosphere

Added/improved:

1. Better boarding
  2. leeway
  3. Better crew control (sending them to specific stations or prioritize specific actions)

(Hate)/ Do not like:

1. Enemies fight to death even when 3 vs 1 + heavily damaged
  2. Current boarding system
  3. Pathfinding
  4. When ships are "anchored" they are stationary and not drifting
Edited by z4ys

Sorry, this message will not follow the requested format.  I just have a question.  Is it just me, or is the small locator map upside down relative to the battlefield?  On the small locator map for the tutorial play, the islands are at the top, but in the larger battle-space map, they are at the bottom.  It really confuses my sense of direction.

Tried to purchase Commodore edition from your website but the page simply greys out each time. Is this a know issue or am I doing something wrong? (my first bug report :))

Bubblebox

Thank you for your reply it has worked after multiple tries. It seemed to spring into action when I used the scroll bar.

Now unfortunaley I have another issue in that I have not received an email from Xsolla to activate my password account. It has been a few hours and I don't know if this is automatic (it normally is) or if I have to wait for someone to do it manually. It is not in my SPAM folder. Any help would be appreciated.

Bub

1 hour ago, Bub said:

Now unfortunaley I have another issue in that I have not received an email from Xsolla to activate my password account. It has been a few hours and I don't know if this is automatic (it normally is) or if I have to wait for someone to do it manually. It is not in my SPAM folder. Any help would be appreciated.

Bub

Please contact Xsolla support team via email support@xsolla.com or via live chat support at help.xsolla.com

15 hours ago, sterner said:

Minimap and intro map are oriented on north. You can rotate camera as you want in battle, this is why you are confused.

OK, my maps are clearly oriented opposite one another.  On the large battlespace map, south is at the top of the image.  In the minimap, south is at the bottom of the image.

Per your response, how do I rotate the battlespace image so it's cardinal directions (N, S, E, W) align with the minimap?

1 hour ago, Nielsnnk said:

Is it possible to buy this with Steam?

I dont have a credit card, and use ideal.

Ideal payment is not possible with the link.

Unfortunately, Steam is not available yet. Steam will be available at the end of the year.  

Sorry for inconvenience. 

Hi,

I love just about everything.

1) Graphics and sounds are awesome.

2) Ease of forming battle line.  Excellent

3) Sails.  Man, they move around the yards like I was watching a movie! I most especially love how the sheets will back and fill when you come about.  And you can get in irons if you're not careful.  LOVE IT!

Heck, I don't even need landing operations. LOL

I would love some gauge/timer to let me know when my broadside will be ready, but that is really not necessary.  I would just like to know

I ABSOLUTELY HATE the orientation differences between the main map and the mini map.  In the battle (not the tutorial) the mini map is oriented North/South.  The main map is oriented to leeward, in this case SSE.  It is confusing to say the least.  I would rather not have the mini map than to have it be so confusing.

Cajun

Edited by CajunNavy

Additional thoughts/questions.

I love Rule Britannia in the introduction, but I don't recall seeing anyone quoted other than Lord Nelson.    I think it would be nice to have additional people's quotes.

Also it appears the crew can fight fires, possibly also pumping the ship.  Are there any plans for other damage control efforts on the part of the crew?  Such as shoring up bulkheads, repairing shot damage below the waterline, rudder repair (I doubt that would really be possible in battle), moderate sail repair and additional pumping of the ship?

I mildly dislike the boundary lines in the middle of the ocean.  Do they represent shoal water, land, reefs etc.? Or are they the end of the playing area?  I ask because the enemy ships seem to be able to come and go from outside the lines.

Thank you developers for all your extraordinary work.  This is wonderful.

Cajun

One final question, I bought the Commodore edition, which I now regret.  Is there anyway to upgrade to the Admiral addition?  Or would I need to buy the whole thing again?

I want to support the developers, but I don't want to be crazy. LOL

Thanks,

CajunNavy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CajunNavy said:

One final question, I bought the Commodore edition, which I now regret.  Is there anyway to upgrade to the Admiral addition?  Or would I need to buy the whole thing again?

I want to support the developers, but I don't want to be crazy. LOL

Thanks,

CajunNavy

Thank you for kind words and feedback.

We will ask payment provider for options to upgrade edition.

14 hours ago, CajunNavy said:

I would love some gauge/timer to let me know when my broadside will be ready, but that is really not necessary.  I would just like to know

The reloading state of cannon is shown by the green dots along either side of a ship when you have it selected. When all the dots have refilled that broadside will be able to fire again.

pandakraut, thank you for the information, I greatly appreciate your quick reply!

sterner, thank you.  I have contacted them and will be upgrading to Admiral.

On 7/1/2019 at 5:04 PM, CAPT E. said:

OK, my maps are clearly oriented opposite one another.  On the large battlespace map, south is at the top of the image.  In the minimap, south is at the bottom of the image.

Per your response, how do I rotate the battlespace image so it's cardinal directions (N, S, E, W) align with the minimap?

CAPT E, I discovered that if you use the QWES keys, you can move the view around the battle space.  It really helps, and I think it may resolve my issues with the orientation of the two maps.  More play will tell.