Game-Labs Forum

Chest Loot

Just a quick question to see if people are getting the same results as myself when opening chests. Do you seem to get the exact same loot? I've had 4 gold chests that have been exactly the same so far!!! Which is very annoying

• Like 3

Happened to me yesterday, kill 5 essex/10 npc 5th rates missions. Reward was one mission and one gold chest for each task. The reward from the (2) mission chests were both 1 reinforced masts and the reward for both golds was brit rig refit and treatise on rigging handling book. Didn't think to f11 it at the time because i hadn't heard of anyone else having this issue. Both missions were taken and redeemed in the same port.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 2

I have been having an issue with my last 6 bottles all had Nassau quatermasters atleast 20 in them. Most of them are just that and some running riggings or sails for Spanish/rat.I guess boarding is the only thing on the menu? I haven’t been grinding chests in the last few days. Much different loot seems to have hit in the last 2 days with a patch roll out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Msk said:

Much different loot seems to have hit in the last 2 days with a patch roll out?

If we just got patch notes we would have a better idea. This is the first dev team I have come across that does not release patch notes with EA or release (still beta)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hammy said:

So another captains chest and ive now got 5 treatise of making saltpeter, all from these chests, is this a bug or should i expect this nearly every time from the chest???

not enough info.. 
what is the captains name. did he open 5 chests in the row? Or just got this over time ?

40 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

My last gold chests have been fine, and varying. What is troublesome is the content of sealed bottle wrecks, they lost their magic entirely, compared to earlier loot setups for them. Pitty. Used to be excited about retrieving wrecks, no more.

Yeah, i picked up 3 wrecks from sealed bottle .. if i knew the loot i wouldnt even bother sailing there

11 minutes ago, o7Captain said:

Yeah, i picked up 3 wrecks from sealed bottle .. if i knew the loot i wouldnt even bother sailing there

Sealed bottles are great, I've had decent amounts of all the upgrade crafting mats and even decent amounts of rare woods

1 hour ago, H982 FKL said:

Sealed bottles are great, I've had decent amounts of all the upgrade crafting mats and even decent amounts of rare woods

Woods -> Admiralty

crafting materials -> regional ports spawning them

Nothing worth the effort. Rare books have completely disappeared from sealed bottle wrecks. The best thing you could do is offer the bottle in shop for 100000 reals and let somebody else speculate and get excited about its content.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac

27 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Woods -> Admiralty

crafting materials -> regional ports spawning them

Nothing worth the effort. Rare books have completely disappeared from sealed bottle wrecks. The best thing you could do is offer the bottle in shop for 100000 reals and let somebody else speculate and get excited about its content.

Out of my bottles I got expert carpenters and the materials to make 12 bovenwinds. 5 cartegenas, 8 pirate rig refits etc.

My worst bottle still netted me 4 pirate rigs and 4 british rigs. 

My best bottle was the cartegena tar.

Still they are basically always worth it.