Game-Labs Forum
Doug Maoz

Increase number of Friendly Clans

Heya devs,

Would it be possible to increase the number of friendly clan slots? Since the introduction of port bonii, it is more critical than ever to be on the clan friend list of the port owner (or you do not get the bonii when building ships).

Currently we are having some trouble keeping everyone on the friendly clan list that we need; and this is with "only" 1200 players online. When the game grows, this will be even more of a pinch point.

Could we increase the friendly clan list from 15 to 30? or perhaps make it unlimited?

Thanks lots!

• Like 16

This is 100% needed. 

I know it is a lot to ask, but I would also want there to be a separate friendlist for port usage and one for port-battle entry. There are clans that we may want to be able to craft in our ports, but they don't need to be able to enter any particular port-battle. And you can't keep on top of the recruitment policy of all your friendly clans, so a clan you collaborate with for crafting could end up with a noob in their ranks that doesn't know not to join your port-battle.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

I know it is a lot to ask, but I would also want there to be a separate friendlist for port usage and one for port-battle entry. There are clans that we may want to be able to craft in our ports, but they don't need to be able to enter any particular port-battle. And you can't keep on top of the recruitment policy of all your friendly clans, so a clan you collaborate with for crafting could end up with a noob in their ranks that doesn't know not to join your port-battle.

This would be so cool, but I (personally) dare not ask for so much lest we not get the basics we need =P

We have definitely had times where we would rather some clans not be able to join PBs, simply because the BR limitations were/are very exacting and they were not coordinating with the main group.

Very good suggestion!

Well if we are going to ask for the impossible, why not have a repository for building materials for the port that friendlies can drop off to and then the port owner can distribute the materials as needed. That way everyone does not have to be online at the same time and resources go where they are needed. Not sure if the destroy has been put in yet in case resources are put in to the point of using a build point.

I do agree that the list should be bump up, but prob to say 20 not 30 (way to high) the point is not every one is going to be on the list, you can also set up more than one port if you have enough ports and big clans.  Maybe you will be on one clans list but not the other.  The point is to encourage you to get into bigger clans that work together instead of having 100 small 1-5 man teams that don't work together all the time.   Some clans might not be on the list all the time.  Say if you have a bunch of small clans tell them they have certain days they can craft as other wise the list will be full.

I do think the port friendly list could be made different from PB list.  You might have some crafting/econ clans you want on your port friendly list, but they don't do PB"s than you might have clans that just want to do PvP/RvR and not use your ports for crafting. I think making it two different list would prob be the best way to help with this.

A third option which is two list also, is you have a list of folks that can use the port and a list of those that can actually invest in the port.  You don't want every clan throwing stuff up there if you have a plan of what you want to build for that ports investments.  So make it two list.  Friendly list (which could be 20 clans) and than have a list of investor clans (this could be even smaller like 10 clans).   

Workaround to allow more clans than fit on the friendly clan list access to port upgrades. This requires clans to have alt accounts. 

1. The port owning clan creates a new crafter clan with one alt account. This alt account is now the master of crafters. 
  2. The port owning clan puts the crafter clan on the friendly clan list.
  3. Each clan that cannot be added to the friendly clan list due to hard-coded maximum list length (in the following: associated clan) assigns one crafter alt account.
  4. The master crafter invites associated clan crafters to the crafter clan. This way, associated crafters (associated clans' alt accounts) have full access to the port upgrades (and could also join port battles). 
  5. The associated crafters can craft ships with port upgrades and pass them on to their main clan. 
  6. Optional: the clan warehouse of the crafter clan could be used to pool resources for port upgrades among associated clans. 

The crafter clan is a dummy clan allowing access to port bonus and port resources. One crafter clan per nation is sufficient, since the crafter clan can have 250 (?) clan members allowing access to port upgrades to 250 clans (in theory). 

This construction might collapse or even become source of disagreements if there are several "leading" clans having different points of view about the crafter clan membership. 

Sounds complicated, but has huge potential, I think. After all, most clans already assigned crafter roles to certain players or alt accounts. So, the process for associated clan members would not be very different. 

@admin Sorry to @ you, but I know personally of clans that have split up/changed nation/etc because they cannot fit onto the main crafting port's owner's friend list. There are also lots of players who enjoy a smaller or lower profile clan than the big main ones.

Is it possible this will change? Maybe even in the upcoming hotfix =]

The system as a whole could use more granularity (PB-friendly list vs Crafting-friendly list), but this would be a good start to accommodate the excellent pop numbers we have now.

It's pretty lame to bump this thread again, @admin, but I and many other players have grown quite frustrated with this mechanic.

Until very recently, Pirate nation had 3x 45pt crafting ports, each owned by a different clan. Even then, it was impossible to get every clan that wanted to craft onto one of the three friendly lists. It created infighting, suspicion, and intra-nation conflict as clans were accused of favoritism, alts, etc. Now with only two crafting ports, the problem is magnified.

I imagine other nations are feeling it too, but it's especially bad in Pirate nation where everyone wants to do their own small thing (which should be totally fine...but it isn't due to clan friend list limits).

I don't know what else to say. This needs to change.

Edited by Doug Maoz
word choice
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Doug Maoz said:

It's pretty lame to bump this thread again, @admin, but I and many other players have grown quite frustrated with this mechanic.

Until very recently, Pirate nation had 3x 45pt crafting ports, each owned by a different clan. Even then, it was impossible to get every clan that wanted to craft onto one of the three friendly lists. It created infighting, suspicion, and intra-nation conflict as clans were accused of favoritism, alts, etc. Now with only two crafting ports, the problem is magnified.

I imagine other nations are feeling it too, but it's especially bad in Pirate nation where everyone wants to do their own small thing (which should be totally fine...but it isn't due to clan friend list limits).

I don't know what else to say. This needs to change.

then take your lost ports back? And then take some more. Problem solved

I think the option to have friendly clans + a "whitelist" of players would also be helpful.

That would save a lot of clutter in the friendly clans page and would make it easier to keep track of lone player + unaffiliated players could be added to the whitelist.

• Like 1

Agreed 1000% 

friendly clan list NEEDS to be increased.  

In fact there should Be NO LIMIT to the # of friendly clans.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, H982 FKL said:

then take your lost ports back? And then take some more. Problem solved

The problem was not solved when there were 3, it is just magnified now.