Game-Labs Forum

Lack of 4th rate and up battle missions east coast US

The US has a problem.  I was excited to go out and unbox my brand new Aggy but long story shot, in order to do that, I will have to lose it.  There is literally no foreign ai in the atlantic, and there are not 4th rate or up kill missions.  I foresee plenty of replies about get friends or take a port somewhere else, but sometimes, you just wanna sail solo.  My suggestion:  Simply give us some kill missions for large ships in our ports.  Please!

Pirates would be happy to put up an outpost for you at Saint Mary’s.  Ya know, to fix your AI problems.  

If you sail down to Cayo Bisc and isla, there are plenty of ships for you to sink, AI and players.  If you want a nice and secure coastline, you don’t get to have easily farmable AI.  As it should be.   Sorry.  

• Like 4

I suppose this is true but it is a problem somewhat unique to US coast and perhaps I (we) just have to adjust.  But that's a mighty small area to go to for action.  Between spies and the proximity to deep water ports owned by opposition that has plenty of other spots to grind, I think a few missions for at least 4th and 3rd wouldn't put our fabulous sailors in the op range.  The area you mention is literally our only option without sailing for hours to play.  When I say there's no foreign 5th a.i. up north, I mean its almost to the point where its broken.  And working a deal to take a port afar cant happen anymore cause of the capitals first system, so 😔.

56 minutes ago, Capsize More said:

The area you mention is literally our only option without sailing for hours to play.  When I say there's no foreign 5th a.i. up north, I mean its almost to the point where its broken.  And working a deal to take a port afar cant happen anymore cause of the capitals first system, so 😔.

have you ever thought it might be because you're hostile towards your AI so they dont want to risk sailing in that area? 🤣

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, Capsize More said:

I suppose this is true but it is a problem somewhat unique to US coast and perhaps I (we) just have to adjust.  But that's a mighty small area to go to for action.  Between spies and the proximity to deep water ports owned by opposition that has plenty of other spots to grind, I think a few missions for at least 4th and 3rd wouldn't put our fabulous sailors in the op range.  The area you mention is literally our only option without sailing for hours to play.  When I say there's no foreign 5th a.i. up north, I mean its almost to the point where its broken.  And working a deal to take a port afar cant happen anymore cause of the capitals first system, so 😔.

This is not a US unique problem.

You want to find ai to fight, you have to get closer to enemy ports.

The upper antilles is also just 5th rates, where do people go to fight larger ships and do larger missions? They have to sail into other regions that tend to have enemy players nearby. If you want safe missions you accept the missions that are given in that region.

Operate from your frontier regions and cruise into enemy waters. You will find opportunities for AI search and destroy and enemy players to fight, which will fulfill 3 types of missions - hunt, pvp hunt and search and destroy at the same time.

On 6/24/2019 at 10:53 PM, Capsize More said:

This is what happens when they removed 1/2 the Free Towns which is where the Foreign AI and layers would come from giving us PvP everywhere

On 6/24/2019 at 4:57 PM, Capsize More said:

The US has a problem.  I was excited to go out and unbox my brand new Aggy but long story shot, in order to do that, I will have to lose it.

Yup.  Don't bother going beyond 5th rates unless you're in a large clan.  

Surely I am not reading that they want a free port back on the U.S. coast? Not only would that increase the amount and the size of the player ships pvping the coast. It would also open all the U.S. ports to being attacked. The best way to grind AI would be to open a outpost near the frontline. Which should be pretty safe since there is no free port near by. Or to take a port surrounded by enemy ports ala what the dutch did at les cays.

The problem is not unique to the U.S. Its how the game works. If you go to vera cruz it is only russian AI if you go to dutch land its only dutch AI. It is a extra security measure so you can hide with friendly AI if attacked.

Edited by Aster

On 6/25/2019 at 12:37 AM, Severus Snape said:

Pirates would be happy to put up an outpost for you at Saint Mary’s.  Ya know, to fix your AI problems.  

If you sail down to Cayo Bisc and isla, there are plenty of ships for you to sink, AI and players.  If you want a nice and secure coastline, you don’t get to have easily farmable AI.  As it should be.   Sorry.  

Shouldn't you change "you" to "we" since you are US too, right?