Game-Labs Forum

Profit Ideas for Admin - A Brainstorming Thread

Avast all ye scallywags,

Let this thread stand as a brainstorming discussion for admin's need for grog and grub.

To kick things off,

1. Tap into the massive market which is free-to-play gaming.

2. A cheapish monthly membership subscription which allows for a 15% increase in yield for all production buildings.

3. ??????

4. Eternal fortune and glory for Game Labs

Yours truly,

JPJChris

• Like 1

I'm still in the TF2/CS style cosmetics and market camp.

I'll tear off my left arm and beat myself to death with it before I buy a filthy DLC line-ship, but I'll gladly pay for a different sail pattern or cannon style.

My personal favorite would be to go for clan based RVR and have each clan able to pay to customize all the ships in their clan, with their own sail colors, flags, hull colors, trim colors, cannon embelishments, etc. For the right price of course.

Edited by Capt Aerobane
repeated word
  • Like 4

I'm not so sure the money being made off DLCs is actively being re-invested in the game given the rush to release, lack of advertisements, lack of significant updates prior to release and unfulfilled DLC paint promises....I'd be wary of monthly subs or further DLCs.  Hell the game's website was finally updated after 2-3 years on day 2 of the release.  They've made enough off recent DLCs to keep the lights on I think.  

• Like 1

I don’t know how they could fairly make this transition, rewarding prior game buyers (although I do know the Pandora wouldn’t be it) but...

I would prefer a free-to-play game with every ship and xp opportunity available as it is now even though some are random drops BUT future DLC ships come as blueprints giving the option to build using players’ materials. Most if not all of these ships should be available this way. Then I would prefer a subscription model allowing speedier labor hour, player xp, crafting xp accumulation, ship visual customization, ship naming, etc.

But, I think unless the developers can regain the player base’s trust (which has suffered) I don’t know how much additional money can be wrung out of this population. We need to have confidence that continued player investment in the game will result in continued development and improvement of the game.

• Like 1

my suggestion: keep a loyal fanbase ready to support the game with dlc. keep steadily improving the game. this seems to have been working well for them for now. i would even consider a subscription model (yeah, i know, that's heresy for many).

honestly, this game has too much potential to exploit it like yet another f2p crap clone, there are enough of those around. 

also, not everything is big media marketing and the goodamn "influencers". i expect honest work and word of mouth will slowly increase this community with more valuable players. throw it to the masses and they will just mob you on the forums and social network, and spoil the ow.

my 2 cents, they're doing fine.

• Like 1

Cosmetics. Continually provide cosmetics: custom flags, custom paints for hull and sails (historical only!), custom clan logos/flags, custom uniforms for crew (national outfits), custom refits like LGV refit for other ships, etc. Maybe even offer historically famous ships of the era, but balanced before release plz...no more OP for a year before balanced.

• Like 1