Game-Labs Forum
admin

Delivery missions income discussion

I think the delivery missions are great as they are. They create game content ( I have been raided quite often doing delivery missions), they allow quick recovery and make it more easily to built up a crafting network. They make me travel to areas I wouldn't otherwise go. Please leave them as they are, they are well conceived and a great addition. Dobloons rewards are good as they allow me to purchase modules in admiralty. I think the system is well balanced for now.

I see that the trading revenues could be higher and expanded. Having both delivery missions AND great trading is the way to go, one doesn't have to exclude the other.

1 hour ago, koltes said:

I dont think there is any problem with cargo or goods delivery missions. It takes few hours for a casual player to afford pvp and not afraid to lose a ship. It takes few days for a casual player to setup production and maybe few weeks to start crafting good shit. Thats enough grind to START playing the game. 

I concur 100% with Koltes post.

Edited by Le Vagabond

11 hours ago, admin said:

this is my only and main concern
on the other hand we tried austerity and not sure we want to stir the hornet nest now again.

Missions are currently like eve's mining. invest 1-3 hours and you have good funds enough for an evening of pvp in frigates.

It's very early in the game, most of us don't even have enough personnel stoke or the buildings to do so. I was spending most my time setting up my shipyard that I had when I get on the few hours last week (I don't have the time I use to be on all the time.).  There is a big curve on what you can and can't do with little to no money if your playing as a casual.  There is no way I could fund my econ on just doing a few AI's  kills, so I have to do the delievery missions. I odn't have the crew or anything big enough to make the long profitables Trade runs (as most of us don't have mulit indmans or LVG's yet).   I think it still needs a bit of time, but one thing is for sure you nerfed the crap out of xp/reals from AI kills when you said you where going to actually buff them.  That and I'm still getting stupid pumps all the time....the loot sucks on the drops too.   Even the the missions chest that gives you one thing mostly been giving me nothing but basic mods.    Don't like the fact I can't build my fav 5th rate either cause the permit is locked behind RNG loot tables. (Speaking of the Reno).

11 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

People are crafting ships for themselves and nothing else.

I have sold a bunch of Trader Brigs that I crafted, but I noticed folks are putting the few ships I seen up for insane prices and they don't have port bonus yet.   I put them up for 25K and they sale like hot cakes, gives me enough real to do some econ between my deliverrys.  

8 hours ago, Wraith said:

There's no sense in wasting good wood on non-port bonus ships when garbage DLCs can be used. I think most people are just holding on to wood at this point while using capped elites and DLCs. Look for port crafted ships a few weeks down the road when most nations end up with multiple level 2+ port bonuses.

Yah every thing i been building has been Fir Fir for trade ships (trader Brig) and Oak/Oak...I actually gotten a pretty nice stock pile of good woods from trade ships and one bottle.  I'm just waiting on the port bonus to be brought up on the port I use than I'll make something better for myself, but like you said we are using DLC's and any elites we capture.

• Like 1

Delivery mission reward should be same, but...

Delivery missions should be Request\Demand missions

ZZZ port need XXX amount of YYY, go find it, deliver to ZZZ port and take your reward,

Dublon and Real reward is based on required amount of YYY port needs.

Twist is: there will be some 3000+ tn missions that require big ship.

AND to promote trading, port that have request will also take bonus YYY goods you take on your ship at max price while mission active but limited amount to prevent exploiting.

How do you like that idea?

Whats already said,  maybe 100 times,  missions are good as the way they are but....the dbl reward is a bit high. 1k dbs for a short run between Maracaibo and Willemstad for example. Stacking them up for 9 days and deliver them is too long imo. 

Maybe create or add a new system. The longer the route, the more dbs you recieve. And add a some various of good weight. 800 tons is a bit onde-sided. 200 tons,  400 tons 600 tons etc with different rewards...

Trading has become not as it should be. The real trade between towns has fallen into the shade of those missions. 

Maybe add new content with trading: town requirements. You and your clan have a town, now its your task to keep them happy via basic resources like fruit, meat, tools to get her own produced resources off the fields...you name it. That makes trading more dynamic. Getting those resources, towns will give you daily missions.

Edited by GreedyGriffin

I use delivery/passenger missions a little bit to much, mostly for doubloons but also for reals. I fear they are killing the normal trading.

IMO:

• Delivery missions must generate tax like all other trade in the port you take it and where you deliver it.
  • We have to pay deposit on these missions or we need a limit on how many we can take per day. Now there is 0 risk when hauling delivery cargo or passenger missions. If I lose it, then I just lost a ship. I make a new one and take new missions. There where no large investment, no real risk.
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Sella said:

Limit them, make them not tradeable (cargo and passengers) also the clan warehouse shouldn't circumnavigate the trade restriction. Problem solved.

After all they are supposed to be a jump start, not a purpose in NA life and a main money making source.

Actullay, they perfectly can be a main money making source.

One of the thing a game need is to ALWAYS have a way to get back the players to the wealth they had. Here, it's present. And if you remove that, you make a big mistake.

• Like 2

If it were not for the need of VM and CM a lone player could create his own fleet with ease. The delivery missions do not harm the sale of ships, limiting the sale is the difficulty of obtaining those "additional objects".

Leave the missions as they are, and simply increase the trade goods worth, and i would personally like to see taxes come from missions as well to help pay for ports

On 6/24/2019 at 12:03 PM, admin said:

this is my only and main concern
on the other hand we tried austerity and not sure we want to stir the hornet nest now again.

Missions are currently like eve's mining. invest 1-3 hours and you have good funds enough for an evening of pvp in frigates.

Here's something to try. Multiple ships were built on single plans, sister ships.
So how about increase the material requirement for ships by about 2x, and in return you build 3 ships at once.

@admin As many others have said the delivery missions are working. The only tweak I would suggest would be to have them contribute to port tax. 

But do work on other trade and give a us a reason to trade goods again. 

@admin  

The main problem of cargo is 100% profit. The player does not risk anything and gets huge sums. This kills trade, because income per hour is less with greater risks. You can solve as follows. Carriage of passengers should not change. But if you want to take the cargo mission, you leave a deposit. Let him for example 100% of the reward. Drove the goods, received back the deposit and received an award. Not drove, lost a deposit. Players should also be motivated to capture these loads. Now many people are not interested to seize the goods and take them to their destination. As an option: Add the ability to take the seized cargo to the nearest port for half the cost. But this idea is relevant only if you make a deposit for the delivery mission. Otherwise, it will be possible to exploit and hand over missions in the neighboring port. And on condition of a deposit, the exploit will not be profitable.

Edited by Varlog

On 6/24/2019 at 8:53 PM, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

An Z4ys, hausgemachter Blödsinn, könnt ihr vielleicht endlich mal aus eurer blöden Blase rauskommen. 80% der Spieler benötigen angesichts der unglaublichen Kosten für die Hafenentwicklung sowohl die Trade Missions als auch einen fairen Handel auf 1 oder von mir aus 10 tonnen Basis. Das endlose rumschippern auf dem Ozean mit kleinen Schiffen lohnt sich bei den beschissenen Gewinnraten einfach nicht

Du weisst schon das das nicht der Deutschsprachige Teil des Forums ist?

Edited by Meraun

Please dont tweak the missions down.

We are out of Alpha phase already and the game is hard enough, if you have a single account.

Edited by Poryv
  • Like 2

I have to say I like the delivery missions as a quick way to make cash and doubloons with a reasonable effort. This is especially important for people like me who don't have all day to sit on a computer. I put a couple hours into the game a day 3 or maybe 4 days of the week. However, The regular trading missions which I enjoy have become much less important and lucrative. Honestly, I would make the regular trading missions more lucrative for real; this is supposed to be their main economic function ingame it seems to me. Make the delivery missions mainly lucrative for doubloons with perhaps some reals also. This would give both methods of trade income a place in the game.

• Like 1

I don't envy the Dev's on trying to balance the game / economy. Some Games have hired real world economist to keep their game economies balanced. Don't think this is an easy thing to do.

• Like 1