Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
admin

AI Angles

Identified the source of the bug that sometimes cause extreme angle of fire for NPC ships. 

It was caused by the change that fixed the cases when AI did not fire at all. 
Will be fixed as soon as possible. 

• Like 34

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Identified the source of the bug that sometimes cause extreme angle of fire for NPC ships. 

Others have reported a quite buffed AI, making leveling absurdily hard for no reason. What about that?

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Not only that, but AI also seem to have much more hp and deal way too much damage than it should be

Edited by o7Captain
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, o7Captain said:

Not only that, but AI also seem to have much more hp and deal way too much damage than it should be

ai has a minor HP bonus which is rank depended but never exceeding 1 repair (with the exception of elite and reinforcement bots)
This is needed because AI does not repair (without this bonus they will feel trivial and stupid). 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, admin said:

ai has a minor HP bonus which is rank depended but never exceeding 1 repair (with the exception of elite and reinforcement bots)
This is needed because AI does not repair (without this bonus they will feel trivial and stupid). 

Instead of feeling trival and stupid.

They feel like Dark Soul boss. Just look at what they can do during the final exam.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KuroNyra said:

Instead of feeling trival and stupid.

They feel like Dark Soul boss. Just look at what they can do during the final exam.

just like an AI in ALL games they are predictable, its the same in Naval Action, you need to learn when the AI turns, why it tacks, when it will fire broadside at bad angle etc. Bosses in Dark Souls do the same, they do the same mechanics followed by an other mechanic depending what you do on your own ;)

4 minutes ago, admin said:

What about the AI damage output others have reported?

I have the feeling everything is buffed with those npcs. 

• Like 3

Just now, Wyy said:

just like an AI in ALL games they are predictable, its the same in Naval Action, you need to learn when the AI turns, why it tacks, when it will fire broadside at bad angle etc. Bosses in Dark Souls do the same, they do the same mechanics followed by an other mechanic depending what you do on your own ;)

It took me 17th try get it. X')

And 5th time out of the 17th, I died because the AI decided it could fire on me with it's side gun while I was on it's butt....

The AI are not difficult, the hp buff and damage buff is good! the issue with them atm is the 90 Degree angle they can shoot both broadsides at, but glad thats being fixed! 

14 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

one could argue that basic AI should be trivial, elite/boss AI should not be.

100 times this...

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

What about the AI damage output others have reported?

I have the feeling everything is buffed with those npcs. 

Don’t forget the I HAZ ALL THE MODZ boarding... ;) 

• Like 2

Basic AI should be easy for mindless grinding.  With the minimal amount of XP given the AI difficulty should reflect the reward.  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, admin said:

AI should be balanced towards an Oak/Oak ship, but even with a slight HP buff they seem more like your fighting LO/WO or WO/WO ships all the while they are ouut turning and out running you.  This doesn't seem they are very balanced towards what you said should be the norm.  I understand the reinforcement and elite ships being buffed like crazy, that why they are elite ships after all, but normal AI shouldn't be stronger than a player in an Oak/Oak ship.  Before wipe we where noticing that if you brought in a Teak/WO ship and not a Lo/Wo for SOL hostility missions you where getting melted by the AI.  It seems they do way to much damage (perm double ball or charge that never runs out maybe?).  I had a 30% reload ship get out DPS by an AI, something isn't right when that happens and they are all ready down on crew and are suppose to be normal ships.   

I get some folks think AI are boring, but you need to balance them towards the max numbers of players not us old crusty vets.  Casuals and folks that might not have all the books or mods.   

• Like 3

Destroying AI that are not Elite SHOULD be a reletively easy task

• Like 3

Oh and elite ships need to stop giving out stupid mix of woods.  We fought an elite ship the other day and it was tuffer than nails with high HP and fast reload, and lets not talk about the insane stron boarding crew.  Than the other guy opens it and it's a freaking fir/cedar ship.  I had a Cerberus the same and was Oak/Cedar....no way was it the same ship we fought in battle.   While I can see that build is great for a raiding ship, but it was not what we fought at all.  I have captured AI normall ships like this, tuff as nails when you fight it only to capture the Trade ship and it's cedar or fir...which should been melting with broad sides.   

Crew lost and sinking seems to have no effect on AI reload, nor does them having insane marines/board mods.

• Like 1

Devs answer. If you dont like AI go PVP. 

I have had that answer in topics i have represented this same issue.... 

1 hour ago, admin said:

It is fair for me. But i need to ask this. They have a damage and reload buff?

6 minutes ago, no one said:

It is fair for me. But i need to ask this. They have a damage and reload buff?

they do from what I know. They have constant double charge.

1 minute ago, KuroNyra said:

they do from what I know. They have constant double charge.

Yes i have the same opinion. I need to have a perfect angle to make the cannon balls bounce and can be really hard sometimes. But the damage and reload? I would like to have a statement from the devs.

Posted (edited)

pretty sur they are buffed comparedto what we have.

Edited by KuroNyra

1 hour ago, admin said:

thank. god.

it was getting to the point where even angling didn't help you versus ai.

I happily await the fix.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, admin said:

SOMETIMES?!

Also, there have been two "sizeable" patches with no notes, can we get those please?

Edited by H982 FKL
  • Like 2