Game-Labs Forum

crew during travel( all time visible)

Many players (or all) are waiting with emotion that someday we can enjoy seeing the crew during all the time and not only in battle. In the end, we spend more time doing missions or sailing than time in battles. and we can only feel the reality of seeing the crew in battle ..

Thank you

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ManuelSpain said:

Many players (or all) are waiting with emotion that someday we can enjoy seeing the crew during all the time and not only in battle. In the end, we spend more time doing missions or sailing than time in battles. and we can only feel the reality of seeing the crew in battle ..

Thank you

Not at the cost of performance.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

Not at the cost of performance.

About a  2 fps hit on my system while something like AA takes 20fps off.
I'll take the immersion of having ship crew modeled any day.

Just look how much better ships look when their fully crewed, no gaps or empty cannons, that's how it should be all the time:
71A8A12112274F25D1730171469CE2B409122347

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

About a  2 fps hit on my system while something like AA takes 20fps off.
I'll take the immersion of having ship crew modeled any day.

Just look how much better ships look when their fully crewed, no gaps or empty cannons, that's how it should be all the time:
71A8A12112274F25D1730171469CE2B409122347

The performance loss will be your system drawing all the crew of every ship in sight.

6 hours ago, CaptVonGunn said:

The performance loss will be your system drawing all the crew of every ship in sight.

We don't even do that now. It's only for your own ship that crew are rendered yet for some reason on most ships there's only half the visible guns manned.

I'm 99% sure mine and many other peoples computers can handle a few extra crewman on screen, OW AND in battle.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

We don't even do that now. It's only for your own ship that crew are rendered yet for some reason on most ships there's only half the visible guns manned.

I'm 99% sure mine and many other peoples computers can handle a few extra crewman on screen, OW AND in battle.

Not our PCs I am concerned with.. it is their servers:)