Game-Labs Forum

Sail Paints?

pls no dlc.. ingame content or rewards.. if everything becomes a dlc the game becomes so shallow that there wont be any point to do anything ingame.. its already a shame with the flag/paint dlc which would be best implemented as rewards for doing stuff ingame.

But IMO sails changing color to more greyish or the paint on the ship sligtly wearing off over time would be cool, to see which ships have "battle scars" etc

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, Wyy said:

pls no dlc.. ingame content or rewards.. if everything becomes a dlc the game becomes so shallow that there wont be any point to do anything ingame.. its already a shame with the flag/paint dlc which would be best implemented as rewards for doing stuff ingame

Fully agree. But let's be real... Game depth has never been a priority for this dev. And customization DLCs overall sell pretty well.

22 minutes ago, Wyy said:

pls no dlc.. ingame content or rewards.. if everything becomes a dlc the game becomes so shallow that there wont be any point to do anything ingame.. its already a shame with the flag/paint dlc which would be best implemented as rewards for doing stuff ingame.

But IMO sails changing color to more greyish or the paint on the ship sligtly wearing off over time would be cool, to see which ships have "battle scars" etc

I'd rather customisation DLCs (as they can be found in world too) than ship DLCs

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Isaac J Smith said:

I'd rather customisation DLCs (as they can be found in world too) than ship DLCs

id rather not have dlc's but better rewards for doing ingame stuff, swap nation or name for maybe some kind of cash (to hinder alt nation swapping)

5 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

yeah yeah Pay2Win 

we already heard that shit 

in the start the requin and herc was p2w, now they are balanced, but now its more pay 2 progress

6 minutes ago, Wyy said:

id rather not have dlc's but better rewards for doing ingame stuff, swap nation or name for maybe some kind of cash (to hinder alt nation swapping)

Ah this would have been great... The nation swap is among the worst ones to me. As you said, it would make total sense to be able to pay a massive sum to be able to swap nations. Even for like 20'000'000 reals and 100'000 dubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zlatkowar said:

Ah this would have been great... The nation swap is among the worst ones to me. As you said, it would make total sense to be able to pay a massive sum to be able to swap nations. Even for like 20'000'000 reals and 100'000 dubs.

I wish they go back to allowing you to become a pirate the old way.  You have to attack some one of your nations (AI or player).   Than the only way to come back to being a national is by forge papers or delete and make a new char.   They also need to kick Pirates to impossible nation status and make it a in game only nation, you can't pick pirates from the start.  Bring back FFA's too so you can't trust any other pirates too.

Pirate life hardcore.

As for the paints/sails thing it will be a DLC if they ever do it cause they want to cash grab.  How else are they going to pay for that new model designer to make us new ships and paints/sails any way?  I mean the one they never have gotten with all the other DLC they sold so far.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I wish they go back to allowing you to become a pirate the old way.  You have to attack some one of your nations (AI or player).   Than the only way to come back to being a national is by forge papers or delete and make a new char.   They also need to kick Pirates to impossible nation status and make it a in game only nation, you can't pick pirates from the start.  Bring back FFA's too so you can't trust any other pirates too.

Pirate life hardcore.

As for the paints/sails thing it will be a DLC if they ever do it cause they want to cash grab.  How else are they going to pay for that new model designer to make us new ships and paints/sails any way?  I mean the one they never have gotten with all the other DLC they sold so far.

Agree with all of it. Outlaw was removed because of R zone, the R zone is now removed hence why there is no way to exploit it. I would add that you could bribe yourself to some kind of pardon or something from the country you came from or buy letter of marque from other nations

11 minutes ago, Wyy said:

Agree with all of it. Outlaw was removed because of R zone, the R zone is now removed hence why there is no way to exploit it. I would add that you could bribe yourself to some kind of pardon or something from the country you came from or buy letter of marque from other nations

That bribe pardon is called the forge papers.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The "old way" sounds like the right way to me. There's a fair amount of world building and decision making that kind of shapes what age of sail is about, piracy, real piracy is one of them.

4 hours ago, Wyy said:

While you are right. Cosmetic dlc is probably the most acceptable form of dlc there is. I would rather cosmetic dlc than more pay to win ships.

14 hours ago, Wyy said:

They already have the DLCs I mentioned and have said they will be adding to them for no extra. I just asking if this other item might be folded into one of them

10 hours ago, Wyy said:

As I suggested more then once when I was a Pirate a year or so and further back...  Pirates need 1 or 2 "safe" cities with resources and shipyards... Other wise they just operate out of Freetowns...No ships bigger then a 4th rate can be built or used.. They cant capture cities.. Only ships(any captures of 3rd rates and u are sold off .. not added to the fleet) . They can raid Ports for resources and gold..  Basicly a Port battle with limits.  Pirates should be annoying not a Nation...