Game-Labs Forum

Cargo and Passenger Deliveries

While these missions are a great addition to the game they have killed the old system of buy here and sell there.This in turn has all but made port tax non-existent. Ports like Santo Domingo and Puerto de Espana which in the past were trade hubs and hunting grounds have lost much of their value.

My suggestion is to make delivery missions cost reals as an investment in the product that you will be moving to another port to sell for a profit. Then, once in the destination port, the officials there would undoubtedly want the tariffs set by the most noble Pissants. 

For passenger missions I would suggest removing the ability to stack these missions on small ships, much in the way Elite Dangerous handles passengers. Small ships can only accommodate a few people while bigger ships can accommodate more people and higher profile passengers meaning larger payouts. 

For instance a Lynx could only carry one passenger missions while a LGV could carry 10 passengers and one high profile passenger. This would of course limit the amount of cargo you could carry since you would need to feed your passengers with more than hard tack and grog. 

We need more reasons for people to use trade ships bigger than a T-Lynx. 

• Like 7

People are farming these missions for large quanities of silver. They're very easy to find and do and you can take multiple passengers in a ship even as small as a lynx. There is no considerable advantage to regular trading which is riskier, takes investment, and requires knowing the map well. These mission need a nerf in some way, they're stealing away trading.

26 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

People are farming these missions for large quanities of silver. They're very easy to find and do and you can take multiple passengers in a ship even as small as a lynx. There is no considerable advantage to regular trading which is riskier, takes investment, and requires knowing the map well. These mission need a nerf in some way, they're stealing away trading. 

It’s the other way round, trading is broken, increase trade profit will fix trade.

Trying to prop up goods trade by nerfing everything else around it will only shadow the problem (like charging extra taxes to fix global warning), it's never going to work!

Yea at the very least ports should tax the turn ins, That way there is money being added into the clan warehouse for those that control ports as well as an incentive to let trade ships complete trade runs around your ports.

I have a bigger issue that this is the clear far and away best way to earn money and doubloons with nothing even coming close. Combat is the center piece of this game, yet earnings for combat is pathetic by comparison.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BuckleUpBones said:

It’s the other way round, trading is broken, increase trade profit will fix trade.

Trying to prop up goods trade by nerfing everything else around it will only shadow the problem (like charging extra taxes to fix global warning), it's never going to work!

I can't say because I am not a trader but the balance isn't there against missions. So I would do something else like increase investment cost for the missions while simultanously bumping up the regular trade goods rewards, or decreasing their weight or something. Not being taxable makes missions a liability on the economy.

Edited by Slim McSauce

Be careful about suggesting any nerf to trade missions. They have a large benefit of populating the open world so that it is far more easy to go pirating.

I dont want to see them nerfed to the point that people stop doing them regularly. 

Just now, Flinch said:

Be careful about suggesting any nerf to trade missions. They have a large benefit of populating the open world so that it is far more easy to go pirating.

I dont want to see them nerfed to the point that people stop doing them regularly. 

Populating the open world with t-lynxes and trade ships sailing in their own waters. They need to be nerfed and other forms of money making need to become viable competitors. 

8 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Populating the open world with t-lynxes and trade ships sailing in their own waters. They need to be nerfed and other forms of money making need to become viable competitors. 

Dont forget the horde of basic cutters. Even easier then tlynx ITS FREE! Bring back trading bring back tax income

Edited by Msk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Flinch said:

DONT even need a nerf just need taxes to be made by the ports. 

20 minutes ago, Flinch said:

They don't need to nerf them, they just need to tax them on delivery but also increase the amount of profit that can be made from buy-here-sell-there trading. 

• Like 1

I would love to see the missions stay the same, with tax added , the regular trading buffed as a secondary. I prefer the old trading method personally there was tons of risk/reward. Like doing Furniture treasure fleets into KPR and the likes. The missions while they are super nice to not have investments and stuff and to get people going to really random ports, is all reward no risk. That is fine because it generates more traffic across the map versus trading lanes and hubs and the rest of the map being largely desolate. I just want to see taxes so that exactly like old trading, you were actually participating in the economy. Allowing traders to come naturally while having to weigh the options of sink the traders, or allowing them to prosper and thus your ports to prosper was a nice thing to consider. 

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

There are people that already made millions and billions by these missions.

Missions need to be reworked and we clearly need another wipe 😄

6 hours ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Can't agree more. Old trading system is broken, it was boken way before delivery missions were introduced.

Don't nerf anything, just buff regular trading as it used to be.

More trade = more targets :)

• Like 2

We now have a low risk/high profit with these missions while regular cargo runs are high risk/low profit.

2 ways of fixing this:

• Introduce taxation on delivering cargo/passanger missions 
    • this will result on a 10% nerf on income (except doubloons?).
  • Buff regular trading , cargo runs 
    • profitability needs to be increase (imo) more than 100%, why?:
      • to be worth the risk
      • double taxation (when you buy and when you sell
    • other things could be done here like decreasing trade goods weight (only trade goods) 
      • this way it would be able to do cargo runs on warships (but this only if it's worth)
        • this will give more opportunities to have fights instead of chasing traders  

• Like 1

The fact is, that because of the high price of port investments we need a vehicle to make large amounts of money in a reasonable amount of time.  Cargo/passenger mission fulfil that need.  If nothing else changes we can live with this mechanic.  Having said that, it saddens me that actual trading has been killed by these missions and I hope that @admin can fix this.  It is very satisfying to bring in a huge shipment of trade goods for a substantial profit.  It is also very satisfying to hunt and kill/cap a trader going about this business.  At the moment we have lost this content.  Many traders who are running these new missions will just surrender.  Sure you get the kill, but it's a hollow victory.  There used to be several traders who went around in a fleet of Indiamen and were very tough nuts to crack.  These players no longer have any motivation to continue in this style.  It is a net loss for the game.

• Like 2

I used to take fleet first rate missions and cap them in the days of gold marines for 1.2m per mission. If the goal is to have a vehicle for a large amount of reals and doubloons then we had it before, we need a better balance between level 1 alts, and a guy with a gold third rate, because right now the bigger the ship the lower the reward.

It's gamey to have to take a Req and board a 5th rate, but not to win in boarding but hull it down to get a better payout.

My alt has 5 million reals, a level 2 shipyard, 30k doubloons, piles of resources, 4 level 3 buildings. My main has 500k and 10k doubloons from PvE and PvP combat. One I just point at a port and alt tab out. The other I have to hunt, catch, fight, survive, repair and craft to be successful with the threat of total loss on the horizon.

It's not unlike the indefat 5th rate fleet missions during the austerity patch days, we need a drastic change.

I'd like to see the place that you finish the cargo delivery missions get tax income based on the reward of reals.

That being said, Cargo Delivery and Passenger Delivery missions need the following:

1. a 10-25% nerf to reals rewards - I'd even advocate for more if necessary.
2. a consistent doubloon reward based on distance.

but it is not even cargo missions that is the problem in my opinion - it is the fact that trade good profit margins are so crap until you start seeing 2.5hr+ routes (5 hour round trip). Trade goods need a 20-40% increase in sell price - you're risking ship, time, and money after all. and it's nuts to think any normal 2 hour play session joe can think of wasting time sailing for 5 hours, when the same time they would make more doing missions anyway.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

Hi, 

a friend send me this pic after two days farming alone deliverys,.

Now think about what a big clan can make in a few days in money and doublons. 

2019-06-18_21-00-42.png.ee5e4e4195c024c35f899a5a8396d20c.png

Edited by asdf