Game-Labs Forum

Crafting in game and XP or lack of it.

Why do we only get xp for crafting ships?  We should get xp for making cannons, repairs and mods too.  I'm not saying it should give you a lot, but what if a crafter isn't a ship builder? Than shouldn't he get xp through other means?

The other thing is travel xp should go towards Ship knowledge of the ship your in.  It's very little but when your using trade ships you don't really fight in them so they should gain a little xp.

Why can't we get xp for crafted ships like we did a long time ago.  This would allow dedicated crafters to gain a little level from people using ships they crafted.

• Like 20

Add to the difficulty of this is the sheer mammoth amount of money now required to build any production building. I am not sure what the devs were thinking for for someone to even craft guns now requires an initial investment of 500,000 real and 10,000 gold. This kind of restrictions only promotes the DLC ships and hinders the production of any other kind of ships. Not really supporting the idea of helping new players to the degree that was the excuse for wiping out all xp from the veteran players. The concern that vets would "steamroll" the new players and now new players have to spend a massive amount of time just to even get a glimpse of a ship that is marginally better than the basic cutter. Hopefully the prices will be brought down to a more reasonable amount but not really expecting it. Until then you can expect the new players to have to fight and claw their way around for at least a couple of months to just get close to being able to survive. There may be a good influx of players upon release but how long until the struggle gets too much?

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Raekur said:

even craft guns now requires an initial investment of 500,000 real and 10,000 gold

On he other hand... how fast do you earn that money nowadays? So that is not a big hurdle in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, Da Hool said:

On he other hand... how fast do you earn that money nowadays? So that is not a big hurdle in my opinion.

If you spendall day running delivery's you can earn enough for one level one bulding (shipyard, workshop, forge).   Most folks don't got all day doing that.  The rewords for AI kills is so low right now it's a struggle to get any money for econ stuff.  I honestly think they went way in the direction for these DLC.   Even when you do get to craft a ship you limited on permits that drop from RNG box's.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The other thing is travel xp should go towards Ship knowledge of the ship your in.  It's very little but when your using trade ships you don't really fight in them so they should gain a little xp.

I really like this one:) Small and simple but the little details make a smoother experience for every type of captain:)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Top center of the screen in the "Buildings" screen, I believe....

Its like a red badge design-type thing.

Thanks Vernon ... someone in-game just now told me that.  Would be nice to have some sort of clue <hint, hint> :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RyebreadMike said:

Thanks Vernon ... someone in-game just now told me that.  Would be nice to have some sort of clue <hint, hint> :)

Yah it would be nice if it was listed with your rank and such on the top left when in port and you can check your rank/crew for that rank.  It just tells you the level and nothing else.  You have to find the badge and check that under the crafting building tab.

On 6/16/2019 at 1:52 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

If you spendall day running delivery's you can earn enough for one level one bulding (shipyard, workshop, forge).   Most folks don't got all day doing that.  The rewords for AI kills is so low right now it's a struggle to get any money for econ stuff.  I honestly think they went way in the direction for these DLC.   Even when you do get to craft a ship you limited on permits that drop from RNG box's.   

Well in about 7 hours over 2 days when I came back this weekend.. I was able to build a Lvl 3 Hemp and Level 2 Iron plus buy all 8 Outpost permits and upgrade main Warehouse 2 or 3 times...  Plus do the first Exam and get a Hurc...

On 6/22/2019 at 3:43 AM, H982 FKL said:

Rum and repairs give XP, not sure about the repair rate but 1 unit of rum crafted is 1xp

Yah I was going to post this, thanks.  Cannons should give xp too.  Even if it's just 1 xp per that is better than nothing to be honest.  Specially if you can only afford one of those buildings and want to level up.  

@admin I know we talked about the Sailing XP but why can't it be added to ships, even if it's only added to trade ships?  Also can we get xp for cannons just like we do for making repairs?   We aren't asking for a lot of xp, just a little to help.  I would suggest xp for mods and such too.   

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 8:52 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I was going to post this, thanks.  Cannons should give xp too.  Even if it's just 1 xp per that is better than nothing to be honest.  Specially if you can only afford one of those buildings and want to level up.  

@admin I know we talked about the Sailing XP but why can't it be added to ships, even if it's only added to trade ships?  Also can we get xp for cannons just like we do for making repairs?   We aren't asking for a lot of xp, just a little to help.  I would suggest xp for mods and such too.   

And now they patched it so rum and repairs don't give XP anymore. I think a rebalance of crafting XP earned is in due order.

Sincerely,