Game-Labs Forum

Share your Favorite Battle before Release

Latron

On 6/14/2019 at 7:29 AM, Doug Maoz said:

@Sir Texas Sir That Wilmington fight was crazy, both in the logistics of getting people there, and then the battle itself. What a furball!

Yeah I remember Wilmington... very narrow channel... its force on force. So if you are outnumbered or outgunned its really hard tactically to maneuver the fleet. Thats why its mostly force on force. Then those win who has steel nerves, dont panic, keep working as a team till the end. Everything that our clan members have shown many times.
It was a privilege to fly under the same clan flag with all you lads.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, koltes said:

Yeah I remember Wilmington... very narrow channel... its force on force. So if you are outnumbered or outgunned its really hard tactically to maneuver the fleet. Thats why its mostly force on force. Then those win who has steel nerves, dont panic, keep working as a team till the end. Everything that our clan members have shown many times.
It was a privilege to fly under the same clan flag with all you lads.

We honestly went into that fight expecting to get slaughtered with only 13 guys (16 total) against there full team.  It was a blast though as always when we had fights like that.  They just never could get it in there head they weren't fighting 50 pirates it was only 15-20 guys.  Some times 10-15 with many of us dual boxing.

We also found out in that fight if you put crew on a ship and it get sunk it counts against you so from that fight on we never put crew on captured ships unless it can instantly escaped.   

We fought and argued a lot out of battles, but once that whistles was blown and it was game time.  We all knew what we had to do and fought as a well organized team.  

• Like 2

On 6/12/2019 at 8:36 PM, Doug Maoz said:

If you won't post it, I guess I will!

DE8BE4ABEB6AFCB5158D0861AB4CEA82212AF68F

This was one of the most tense battles of my NA career, co-calling this PB with @William Death. There is a full write up of the battle in my history somewhere.

I remember starting in a Santisima, I put the final broadside into King of Crowns' Santisima, then as I was being focused and sinking, rage boarded the enemy Victory near me, capturing it while losing my own ship - I think it got counter boarded and sank. The Victory ended up sinking too. What a glorious fight. The score doesn't express how close it was, and I believe we had significant wind disadvantage from the start. 
jmVaEMV.jpg

• Like 2