Game-Labs Forum

Share your Favorite Battle before Release

Latron

Find that one battle you think you enjoyed the most during early access and feel free to share it here. It seems like a good time to look back on the good times we all had before we start all over again. 

My favorite was back when Bork was in France. We set up a port battle at Santa Marta and showed up in force, but while the Brits had filled the PB we got caught by the Dutch screening fleet just outside. We destroyed the Dutch fleet and captured their Pavel (this wasn't long after the first big wipe so it was an important ship to have). After that, we decided to head back to port to repair, making it seem like we were done in the area, but in reality we had returned after the Brits won the port. They had to get to a second port battle at George Town shortly after and we knew they would be sailing a fleet of 4th rates across the ocean to get there, so we intercepted them using our larger ships and our newly acquired Pavel, which I was sailing at the front of the line. I couldn't contribute much since they focused fire on me early on, but I survived and had a very good time with my bros. :) It even got mentioned in a video by our old friend, Jeheil. 

wqhlaje.jpg

mseidty.jpg

3:38 

Edit: 2 or maybe 3 battles are acceptable if they were back-to-back and were linked somehow. Just no spam please.

Edited by Latron
  • Like 8

There are many great battles (too many to count). Here is a screenshot of Port-au-Prince after many, many tries getting into the PB previously. Not a good fight for me personally as it looks like I didn't do too much shooting, other than 4 masts and a rake or two. But, such is life in the capture circle.

6F7BA9C26ACDC04EFD413162D4C3D503789C1D89

One of the last fights called by @koltes that I can remember, with many other PVP2 Pirates in attendance. This battle was likewise mentioned by Jeheil so that is probably why it sticks in my mind.

These Jeheil videos are giving me serious nostalgia. Thanks for all the "biffo" @Jeheil!

• Like 8

You ask the impossible question. I've got too many favorite battles....Like Do I post my favorite duel with JPV or Privateer? The time I co-led the BLACK first rate PB fleet to a decisive victory over WO? The time we had a no-loss first rate PB on our side, whilst sinking every single one of the enemy's ships? Some of the massive Cartagena fights? Or maybe the time we had a 4v21 and won?

Ehh, I'm just going to post one of the more interesting battles. Part win, part loss, 100% confusing to explain but it was immensely enjoyable. :P

Its actually 2 screenshots of 2 battles, but they happened back-to-back and they are very much interconnected to one of my favorite PvP stories. I really wish I had screen recording software running, it would have made an excellent video. Don't judge the screenshots without reading the text, because it really doesn't seem very special at first glance.

Here's the rundown:

I was sailing my trusty old teak/wo Endymion with copper and navy hull (back when those were the two best speed mods). All stacked with speed and not much else, I sailed with a disposable Surprise AI to carry extra repairs for my extended hunting trips (I was sailing from Bermuda to the East Coast to hunt, so I needed the staying power provided by a bunch of extra repairs). I usually sent it away as soon as the battle started, because it isn't much use in the fight...

Anyways, I found an Indefatigable out and about, and then this battle happened: (Remember I started in an Endymion)

6E9E6BE364CE0C0667C479B329785BD413BB4E8F

The Indefatigable was lightly-built, but had Edinorog cannons, so he packed quite a punch. I managed to disable the Surprise long enough to work on the Indefatigable alone, but their Endymion kept pestering me too. Eventually, I boarded the Indefatigable as my Endymion was sinking. 

Having taken over the Indefatigable and left my beloved Endymion to her watery grave, I sank the Surprise and scared away the Endymion, which I could not catch.

A Few Moments Later....

Now, immediately following this battle, there were two Endymions sailing together outside. I offered a 1v1, which they initially accepted. Then once the battle was a few minutes in, they both focused me....from 1000m away :lol:. Truthfully, I was absolutely confused, but having a right good laugh watching them try to snipe my masts from max range. Eventually they moved in closer....whereupon I removed the mizzenmast from one Endy, captured his ship and sank the rotting Indefatigable* I had captured in the previous battle.

I proceeded to repair the mizzenmast of my newly-captured Endymion (teak/wo with navy hull, much like the one I just lost :D) and began chasing the other Endymion. I demasted him and boarded his ship as well. It was a decent build, but unfortunately I didn't have room in my fleet (darn AI Surprise) and the one I was in was slightly better. 

So, although I ended the evening in a ship not quite as good as the one I started in, I had a lot of fun in the time between :)

E93C1C8F050AD93B70F947B3DB0FA92FD9755955

*Let the record show, I have nothing against Indefatigable, she's a fine ship....just the captured build that I was in was quite bad at...well....everything lol

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, William Death said:

The time I co-led the BLACK first rate PB fleet to a decisive victory over WO?

If you won't post it, I guess I will!

DE8BE4ABEB6AFCB5158D0861AB4CEA82212AF68F

This was one of the most tense battles of my NA career, co-calling this PB with @William Death. There is a full write up of the battle in my history somewhere.

• Like 4

The Trafalgar battle right before the one so large it like crashed the MM for a bit. Full maxed out battle of everything from yachts to Victories, myself on a trinco. The hype, the chat, the memes, the triple lines of warships, the smoke being so thick it completely obscured half the battle at times the entire lines of warships firing simultaneously... back when most people didn't give a shit about the meta or dps or repair cycling, just having a literal blast in a big, immersive naval battle with a basic command structure. Glorious in every sense of the world.

The battle in sea trials alone were worth the price of the game to me, everything afterwards was a bonus.

72183B40EC117705FBA5C01D53FEB58A460B71E9

Just to afraid 'em... Heherr

Edit: Can i add that?

1560391709-capture.png

Musta crafted me that for Indiamans which was sailin' between Gustavia and Christiansted when Hat Island was a Freetown, juicy piracy... We've got crafting region bonus!!!

Edited by Nick the cursed
  • Like 3

I miss the TRUE shallow fights :(

Alias Mercury / Niagara / Rattlesnake and the occasinal snow..

Hope there will be more of them again.

xB7hHLj.jpg

Also this one was fun :D

7l1TG3T.jpg

Edited by Liq
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Latron said:

Find that one battle you think you enjoyed the most during early access and feel free to share it here. It seems like a good time to look back on the good times we all had before we start all over again. 

My favorite was back when Bork was in France. We set up a port battle at Santa Marta and showed up in force, but while the Brits had filled the PB we got caught by the Dutch screening fleet just outside. We destroyed the Dutch fleet and captured their Pavel (this wasn't long after the first big wipe so it was an important ship to have). After that, we decided to head back to port to repair, making it seem like we were done in the area, but in reality we had returned after the Brits won the port. They had to get to a second port battle at George Town shortly after and we knew they would be sailing a fleet of 4th rates across the ocean to get there, so we intercepted them using our larger ships and our newly acquired Pavel, which I was sailing at the front of the line. I couldn't contribute much since they focused fire on me early on, but I survived and had a very good time with my bros. :) It even got mentioned in a video by our old friend, Jeheil. 

wqhlaje.jpg

mseidty.jpg

3:38 

Edit: 2 or maybe 3 battles are acceptable if they were back-to-back and were linked somehow. Just no spam please.

So I remember this happening quite well as I was on the GB side. The Armed guys we had didn’t have to do the sail to Georgetown as we were lucky enough to have the boats pre positioned there from within the clan. Being in comms when the battle was caught and listening to it, was mighty brutal. The only clarification is the fact that pavel was important boat because of wipe. I know at the time myself all of armed was well stocked with firsts and same for vco and most of the GB nation in Salamanca harbor at the time, was just a fact that the pb fleet of smaller weight was caught. Also black was scary at the time with all their lineships running around.

my favorite story is actually trying to survive not a true gank as we had more ships but king tanking me and my newer friends outside carta, where my own ally surprise sunk me as me and him were trying to save our fatty and agy so we could continue to level. My allies response was well you both look the same so I was just shooting! I’ll see if @King of Crowns has the screenshot

1 hour ago, Msk said:

The only clarification is the fact that pavel was important boat because of wipe. I know at the time myself all of armed was well stocked with firsts and same for vco and most of the GB nation in Salamanca harbor at the time, was just a fact that the pb fleet of smaller weight was caught.

Ah I was unsure of how long it was after the wipe. My guys tend to be slow at getting ship building started so I suppose it was just us who was lacking larger ships at the time.

Oh gosh.... so many great memories and spilled whiskey over excitement 😆
As I was mostly a solo hunter I still have too many screens on my imgur account. Found a video of one of them. Tagged these dudes between La Navase and Jamaica. Mostly remember it because of my most fav ship - The Black Reno Menace... or something like that :D

• Like 4

19 hours ago, van der Decken said:

That moment you were told by everyone not to go to the PB because there were too many rats, but you go anyway because you got balls.

osLFsMz.jpg

That some old school PvP2 shit....I think I might still been in US as Duncan wasn't even in BLACK yet in that clip.

6 hours ago, koltes said:

Oh gosh.... so many great memories and spilled whiskey over excitement 😆
As I was mostly a solo hunter I still have too many screens on my imgur account. Found a video of one of them. Tagged these dudes between La Navase and Jamaica. Mostly remember it because of my most fav ship - The Black Reno Menace... or something like that :D

Got to say in the prime days I loved all the battles we had out number as BLACK on PvP2 US/GLOBAL.   15-20 guys fighting off all the GB/US on the server.   Even if most of them started with half us argueing about what we where going to do, than as soon as the battles starts Simon having to go AFK most of the battle to give his kid a bath.  Than returns to jump in the fight as if nothing was happing.  The other team having no clue why his first rate was just sitting there.....and half our team being alts we duel boxed lol.

Though I still say the Willimington Port battle which was the first one I ever was PB commander and we went in with 13 at start and expected to loose.  US even got 996 points or something like that before we flipped it around, is prob my all time seat on the edge fight. Sent my Alt Dead In The Red right up the middle in a fire ship that took out there fire ships and started the whole ball of mess of a fight. It's the cruel reason why when I returned to US I made that port our clans warehouse location....lol

OkVudzd.jpg

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 5