Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Pre-Release Server Status Information

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I can see many pros to what you say.  The major con for me though, is the enormous amount of investment that goes into making a "crafting" base now.  A periodic map wipe would destroy all of that. 

If "periodic" means every 6 months, I'd say it's fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, vazco said:

Yes, there are :) Forced alliances don't work, we tested it in the past.

It's fun to throw those ideas out, without thinking through all details. The funny thing is, details usually break them :P One introduced succesful idea is more worth than 100 ideas which were not tested yet :)

BS! 

We never tested forced alliances. There were player voted alliances which eventually became locked alliances. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Routan said:

But if we only end up with a game where Nations only can field 5-10 playes. Lets be honnest, then the biggest problem isent alliances.

Right now if we look at those clans recruting post, only Poland will have a problem, it is mostlikly going to be a dead nation.

We can have Alliances ore not. We can cut down to 2 Nations and so on. But why ppl dont fight have imo little to do with Numbers, and more to do with ppls mentality.

Using the Poland issue of lack of players.  The alliance system Admin posted would have them in a faction with Prussian.   So those 10 players could work with the Prussians and maybe get something done.  Yah the problem with nations having small pop is more a problem of to many nations.  Again it's taking 11 nations and turning them into 5 factions.  That means a lot of those small nations would be combined with bigger ones that can join each others fights and PB's.  So folks can still fly there fav flags and not have to join one of those nations.  The other options has been to drop all but Spain, France, GB, Pirates, Dutch (thats 5 nations) sicne those are the 5 top nations that actually had navies and an influence during this time period.  US kinda could be added but they where mainly added cause of 50% of the sales was to the North American area.  POTBS only had Spain, France, GB and Pirates for a reason.  To many nations is bad.   

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Sounds like a pretty realistic polish navy :D 

They had troops in cuba though, so they must have a Nation.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, van Veen said:

If "periodic" means every 6 months, I'd say it's fine. 

After 6 months play we would have so much resources stocked up a map reset wouldn't be an issue, it would just remove dead clans with lots of money from owning ports or allow for new ownership of some regions as new folks can get them first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RKY said:

@admin do you have an update status on opening date?

Friday or as I prefer to say

#SOON

32 minutes ago, Pablo Frias said:

PvE Server has been turned off and is "preparing for release".....

NOOOOO I didn't use up all my doubloons and marks on books yet.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RyebreadMike said:

Hey, while we're waiting do any of you know .. any of the Polish, Russian or Prussian ranks?  The API data either doesn't have it or I can't find it ..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Using the Poland issue of lack of players.  The alliance system Admin posted would have them in a faction with Prussian.   So those 10 players could work with the Prussians and maybe get something done.  Yah the problem with nations having small pop is more a problem of to many nations.  Again it's taking 11 nations and turning them into 5 factions.  That means a lot of those small nations would be combined with bigger ones that can join each others fights and PB's.  So folks can still fly there fav flags and not have to join one of those nations.  The other options has been to drop all but Spain, France, GB, Pirates, Dutch (thats 5 nations) sicne those are the 5 top nations that actually had navies and an influence during this time period.  US kinda could be added but they where mainly added cause of 50% of the sales was to the North American area.  POTBS only had Spain, France, GB and Pirates for a reason.  To many nations is bad.   

 

Numbers may for one ore two if the smallest Nations  be a problem. For those an alliance might help. The rest it isent Numbers that are the reason.

That is ofc just my opinion, but Alliances will not fix anything in regard to creat a strong and fun RvR inviroment, but it will proberbly neither have any negative effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, van Veen said:

BS! 

We never tested forced alliances. There were player voted alliances which eventually became locked alliances. 

Oh, I'm sorry, you're right. We never tested forced alliance. We only tested voted alliances, which were not respected, as people considered them forced. Of course I'm sure that actual forced alliances won't have this issue. It's a strong logical conclusion, thus I withdraw my argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...