Game-Labs Forum
admin

Pre-Release Server Status Information

20 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You mean some sort of redeemable?  Map gets wiped but every clan that had major bases gets replacement resources?

No, I was actually thinking of some sort of dynamic setting in the game that makes it harder and harder to wipe out a nation ... :) should be easy right? lol

• Like 1

ok .. really no thought into this just throwing it out there so flail away :) .. but maybe something like if a nation gets under x ports then taking a port from them gets harder in some manner.  Where 'X' is some number deemed appropriate by the gods-that-be.  Maybe have an assigned 'minimum-port' number for each nation depending on its location and where it lies on the 'hard-to-play' scale.

Edited by RyebreadMike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Archipel said:

Imho periodic map wipes would do marvels to the game

Actually a system which wipes out the winning nation could be cool - eg. you get a message "congratulations, your nation just reached annals of history", every member of a clan with X ports gets a medal, and nation gets wiped, having to compete with others.

You get recognition, but again have to fight for ports.

A wipe would be good, but would make largest and best organized group dominate again. If only the winner gets wiped, at least other clans would have a chance to matter for a few days/weeks.

(it's easy to say, hard to plan in a sustainable way)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, vazco said:

Actually a system which wipes out the winning nation could be cool - eg. you get a message "congratulations, your nation just reached annals of history", every member of a clan with X ports gets a medal, and nation gets wiped, having to compete with others.

You get recognition, but again have to fight for ports.

A wipe would be good, but would make largest and best organized group dominate again. If only the winner gets wiped, at least other clans would have a chance to matter for a few days/weeks.

(it's easy to say, hard to plan in a sustainable way)

That's another take on end-game.  If a single nation takes all ports but nation capitals they 'win' and port wipe.  But, there again we deal with starting over again with resource / port benefits grinds.  Which isn't necessarily a terrible thing.

Edited by RyebreadMike
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RyebreadMike said:

No, I was actually thinking of some sort of dynamic setting in the game that makes it harder and harder to wipe out a nation ... :) should be easy right? lol

If alliance system could make if nation own over 50% of port on map that alliances change (grand coalition) against nation until back to lower amount.

Still no post from dev about this if coming or not.

1 minute ago, Doh said:

If alliance system could make if nation own over 50% of port on map that alliances change (grand coalition) against nation until back to lower amount.

Yes.  This is another idea.  Not sure if there are any hidden negatives to it .. but I like it too.

Whilst we are enthusiastically punching out these great ideas, Devs are releasing the game.  There may not be any more substantive changes in the future.  Fun to dream I guess...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Whilst we are enthusiastically punching out these great ideas, Devs are releasing the game.  There may not be any more substantive changes in the future.  Fun to dream I guess...

This is just me tossing out idea for the halibut.  If the devs already have something planned for this, great.  If they don't and see something here workable, great.  If neither, I'll play/enjoy the game anyway :)

• Like 1

Alliances make small nation more viable as a part of a larger group. Right now, those underpopulated nation are left to die and rot, with the foreseeable consequence on global player population.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RyebreadMike said:

Yes.  This is another idea.  Not sure if there are any hidden negatives to it .. but I like it too.

Yes, there are :) Forced alliances don't work, we tested it in the past.

It's fun to throw those ideas out, without thinking through all details. The funny thing is, details usually break them :P One introduced succesful idea is more worth than 100 ideas which were not tested yet :)

5 hours ago, Capt-Cook said:

Didnt POBS go Kaput? or close to it? not a good sign here for NA, Not sure i would pay to keep servers up with 300 on line.

No POTBS is still alive.  Its literally been kept alive by the playerbase.  Its been sold multiple times but the players loved it.  Interesting story here;

https://www.pcgamer.com/pirates-of-the-burning-sea-2019/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vazco said:

It's fun to throw those ideas out, without thinking through all details. The funny thing is, details usually break them :P One introduced succesful idea is more worth than 100 ideas which were not tested yet :)

Funny :) .. I mentioned that there could be negatives, which pretty much assumes that it might not turn out to be a successful idea.  Some details as to why it didn't work in the past might have been nice though; as were were pondering different aspects of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

When it gets to be that much work, it can be more than many are willing to tolerate.  It's not just large clans that do this. 

It took most of the big nations what a week or two to get the points to mostly 4's.   If you did a map reset (not resources and ships) once in a blue moon it would keep the game from getting boring.  Evently both servers got like this where no one attacked each other and you had dead clans holding ports but caue of timers and stock pile coin they did't loose the ports.   Any important clans/ports would have stock piles to just flip there port right after reeset and reset things.

I would love a proper tax system, where the sub region ports paid half there tax's to the capital port to help fund it.   Give clans a tax to there members.  More options for port owner ship and trade within nation so if I can take a port but want to give it to a smaller or bigger clan I can without dropping it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vazco said:

Uh we never tested forced alliances, we had a voted system that got very stale on both servers with the East vs West on EU and than GB/US/DUTCH vs PIrates and every one else.   The new alliance system would only make it 5 factions you can play and fight against instead of 11.  We have way to many nations right now and way to little players so doing a smaller number of factions would mean more players per team to fight against each other.

We also didn't have forge papers back than, the only way to switch nations was to delete your char and start over for the most part.   Now if you don't like the alliance you can just change nations.

• Like 6

On 6/11/2019 at 11:20 AM, Borch said:

@Barberouge are features like that still in works or dropped content?

One of those ships is being modeled already.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Uh we never tested forced alliances, we had a voted system that got very stale on both servers with the East vs West on EU and than GB/US/DUTCH vs PIrates and every one else.   The new alliance system would only make it 5 factions you can play and fight against instead of 11.  We have way to many nations right now and way to little players so doing a smaller number of factions would mean more players per team to fight against each other.

We also didn't have forge papers back than, the only way to switch nations was to delete your char and start over for the most part.   Now if you don't like the alliance you can just change nations.

I think it's worth trying out honestly.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vazco said:

Damn you Game Labs! We had such a great time complaining here that you're doing nothing in terms of marketing, and yet you decided to ruin even that!

https://twitter.com/reformedgamers

I hope it's all. If not, please - stop. Let us complain here in peace.

Do you mean the Inger with 112 guns and same sail plan copy-pasted on every boat? Damn, good job.

Edited by Liberalism

8 hours ago, Doh said:

The problem with a set goal is a nation doesn't have to win that goal, they can just sit at 49% and keep the map the same.  That is why POTBS had a timer too.  Map was reset when you won the map or after a certain time (3-4 months).  You keep all resources and buildings, you just had to recapture your port to use them again if they where your nations ports in the first place.  The ports reset back to historical map, so we could actually do this on PVE and only fight AI to test it and than reset the map every 4 months.  You keep all your resources so getting the port back and the port bonus aren't that hard most of us did it in a week or two on PvP with stock piled resources.   

4 hours ago, Severus Snape said:

I think it's worth trying out honestly.  

With factions weak nations can be supported by a stranger nation in there faction and help each other out.  Now that we have forge papers if you don't like the faction your in just go to something else.  Since it's historically set factions the history nuts should be happy.  I honestly think it would do better for the game than what we have now with 11 nations and hardly any one fighting each other other than back and forth one or two nations in each main time zones.

With factions weak nations can be supported by a stranger nation in there faction and help each other out.  Now that we have forge papers if you don't like the faction your in just go to something else.  Since it's historically set factions the history nuts should be happy.  I honestly think it would do better for the game than what we have now with 11 nations and hardly any one fighting each other other than back and forth one or two nations in each main time zones.

But why would bigger Numbers make ppl fight? If I look on how the game has been in the years I played, it has not been numbers that matter, but that there is somebody willing to organize it in the nation.

40 minutes ago, Routan said:

But why would bigger Numbers make ppl fight? If I look on how the game has been in the years I played, it has not been numbers that matter, but that there is somebody willing to organize it in the nation.

If nation a has only 10 active players, Nation b has 5 and Nation C has 15 of a faction you now have 30 players that can work together and help each other out in port battles.  before Nation C would maybe be able to do small ports, but Nation b would of been screwed out of RvR.  More players to work together means bigger team and more chance to get folks to organize things and means more battles.

Your always going to have an issue with folks wanting to work together and get organize, but with more players on the same team (several nations in one faction) you get a better chance of getting a team built up to go fight.

Maybe that guy that can get them more organized might be in one of those other nations in that faction.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

If nation a has only 10 active players, Nation b has 5 and Nation C has 15 of a faction you now have 30 players that can work together and help each other out in port battles.  before Nation C would maybe be able to do small ports, but Nation b would of been screwed out of RvR.  More players to work together means bigger team and more chance to get folks to organize things and means more battles.

Your always going to have an issue with folks wanting to work together and get organize, but with more players on the same team (several nations in one faction) you get a better chance of getting a team built up to go fight.

Maybe that guy that can get them more organized might be in one of those other nations in that faction.

But if we only end up with a game where Nations only can field 5-10 playes. Lets be honnest, then the biggest problem isent alliances.

Right now if we look at those clans recruting post, only Poland will have a problem, it is mostlikly going to be a dead nation.

We can have Alliances ore not. We can cut down to 2 Nations and so on. But why ppl dont fight have imo little to do with Numbers, and more to do with ppls mentality.

47 minutes ago, Routan said:

Right now if we look at those clans recruting post, only Poland will have a problem, it is mostlikly going to be a dead nation.

Sounds like a pretty realistic polish navy :D 

• Like 1