Game-Labs Forum
Everlazy

Global Camp Orders

One of the tedious things I've found so far is issuing orders to multiple camps.  I had around 7 camps and wanted to upgrade a few of them.  I decided I would most likely want to collect the upgrade items from as many camps as possible so they'd be ready for future upgrades.  I then proceeded to click through each camp, add the 3 orders to each  and go on my way.  I set inventory limits for the exact same amount at each camp.  This was a total of 7 camps, at 3 orders a camp.  So 21 orders that could have been globally ordered in 3 orders.  I could have saved a fair amount of time by issuing global orders.

I think a great quality of life enhancement for the game would be global orders.

Thanks

Everlazy

P.S.  Loving this game.

• Like 4

^this 1000 times this. Also, potentially a cross camp inventory for stuff like skins,  so I don't have to click through 20 different camps trying to see if any of my camps have collected any boar skin yet. Realize with the weapon system in the game for the camps it may not be possible.

• Like 1

It would be a problem. Some areas don`t have the resources in them, so setting a desert camp to collect buckbrush leaf would be a problem.

Maybe some kind of copy system. So you could set up a camp and copy the orders from that camp to another.

Posted (edited)

dunno if global orders, but this micromanaging does indeed become tiresome.

maybe high level orders? e.g. 'gather for upgrade' and let them sort it out. 

also, some sort of global inventory or transfer of resources between camps could be handy.

edit: one thing that stands out in 'ultimate general' is how well the game avoids micromanaging while retaining depth by making troops smart enough. i think something along those lines would be perfect for 'this land'. besides solving the problem it would present the tribe as some sensible entity.

Edited by znôrt

They do go out and get the mats for crafting. So set orders for buckbrush tea, an they will go get the leafs. 

Or sinew bow, and they will get the wood, and sinew.

yes, of course, the problem is that with many camps so many orders become a chore to track.

• Like 1