Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jdrudge

Bushes Obscure Player Vision

When hiding in bushes, it becomes nearly impossible to see NPCs.  The bushes behind the player need to become transparent.  They aren't relevant to what's going on, but because the camera is behind the character, they block what sometimes should be a clear view.  Suggestion - as you enter a piece of vegetation, lower the opacity; it's still there, just see-through.

sorry don`t see the point. If I am hiding behind a wall (fort) I don't want to have gamma vision to see through it to see what is behind it. It is not realistic. Same goes for bushes. I like it, as it is. So you can focus on hearing. Nowadays people tend to much to easy mode.

Edited by italianmarine
  • Like 1

What he means is that you can't see through bushes that are behind the player even though the character has free vision.

This is a big problem with 3rd person, and not the only one. My personal gripe is that you cannot even go into a tipi and look around.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:36 AM, italianmarine said:

sorry don`t see the point. If I am hiding behind a wall (fort) I don't want to have gamma vision to see through it to see what is behind it. It is not realistic. Same goes for bushes. I like it, as it is. So you can focus on hearing. Nowadays people tend to much to easy mode.

1. You missed the point OP is talking about. Which is having objects behind a player blocking their vision.
    • It's not like having slightly transparent bushes would even be a big deal and automatically apply to walls. Using lower grass settings makes the patches smaller.
    • You can walk through bushes but not walls so it's not like you would ever have your camera phase behind a wall on you. So it's a feature request that would just be a boon to QoL.
  2. In the case of what you're talking about why should hearing impaired individuals be automatically screwed?
    • Also please avoid "it is not realistic" it's a game and there's tons of "not realistic" elements already in the game.  Do you look around the world with a camera a couple meters behind your head?  Do you get real life stats like 30 extra carry weight for having some ridiculous name? Can you carry 3 bows, 120+ arrows, a pistol, 30 rounds for that pistol + 20 health teas and ton of random plant material and run at full speed and stamina as if you were carrying none of that? No? I didn't think so
  3. This game is single-player only at least for now. Why does it matter to you if someone has X-Ray vision as long as you're not forced to use it?
  • Like 2

On 6/28/2019 at 5:12 PM, Comanglia said:
  1. You missed the point OP is talking about. Which is having objects behind a player blocking their vision.
    • It's not like having slightly transparent bushes would even be a big deal and automatically apply to walls. Using lower grass settings makes the patches smaller.
    • You can walk through bushes but not walls so it's not like you would ever have your camera phase behind a wall on you. So it's a feature request that would just be a boon to QoL.
  2. In the case of what you're talking about why should hearing impaired individuals be automatically screwed?
    • Also please avoid "it is not realistic" it's a game and there's tons of "not realistic" elements already in the game.  Do you look around the world with a camera a couple meters behind your head?  Do you get real life stats like 30 extra carry weight for having some ridiculous name? Can you carry 3 bows, 120+ arrows, a pistol, 30 rounds for that pistol + 20 health teas and ton of random plant material and run at full speed and stamina as if you were carrying none of that? No? I didn't think so
  3. This game is single-player only at least for now. Why does it matter to you if someone has X-Ray vision as long as you're not forced to use it?

1. you are right. I misunderstood OP`s problem. 

2. regarding "it is not realistic" I wrote it because of point 1. (view) but thanks for your explanation about realism. I know we are not talking about a hardcore game like Escape from Tarkov.

Regarding weight, let me think about it. Uhmm yes, I think I could carry 3 bows, pistol and rounds, tea and random plant etc. and still sprint and run for longer distances. Guess with my full mount in military I had more heavier stuff on me. 🙂

3. I care about it even if it is a single player and if it would become also a multiplayer even more. Of course those guys will then cheat with wall hacks, so yes it should not be an option even in a single player.

While it is an annoyance, you can easily work round it. You can swap sides (Looking), and peak wrong the bushes, or move the camera up to a point where you can see over, or through some of it.

• Like 1

Yes, this would be a nice quality of life improvement. A simple raytrace from the camera to the player, collecting objects with a certain group or tag and slowly lowering their material alpha.