Game-Labs Forum

Transfer from War to Peace servers

Sine we won't see the servers tied back together like they use to be linked to steam accounts.  I would suggest that we be allowed to transfer our current chars on War server to Peace serve so we can keep all our books and learned ship knowledge if we decide we want to play on that server instead after wipe. 

I mean why is it fair they get to keep all this and we on War that worked hard don't get to keep anything?   

The other thing would be to tie you xp learned on each serve to our steam account again.  So some one can level upon Peace server if they want and than go war over on war server.  The only problem with this is that you would have to completely wipe Peace server to work.

I usually like most of your suggestions STS, usually well thought out.  But I couldn't support the full Peace wipe.  There's still no real good reason there.  I don't necessarily agree with War wipe mind you, but at least it has more merit there than on Peace server.

Moving progression from war to peace I would support if there is no wipe.

Edited by Papillon
  • Like 1

Peace server shouldn’t be immune from the great wipe at all.  If we’re going to wipe PVP to be fair to new players then we should be as fair to new players who start in the PVE server.  New players will take weeks if not months to grind up the ranks that the vets will start out at.  Take even longer to get those ships and books.  PVE server gets the same tester rewards as PVP....that should be enough 

fair is fair right. 

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Severus Snape said:

If we’re going to wipe PVP to be fair to new players then we should be as fair to new players who start in the PVE server.  New players will take weeks if not months to grind up the ranks that the vets will start out at.  Take even longer to get those ships and books.  PVE server gets the same tester rewards as PVP....that should be enough 

fair is fair right. 

You are contradicting yourself...

PvE server is about cooperation, while all of you argue from a  PvP confrontation position, which simply doesnt apply. 

On PvE vets support new players by giving them ships, books, upgrades crafting materials  etc. Not just in a clan, but over all nations and the entire playerbase.

Thats whats going on right now, and thats why PvE still has 120+ players online who try to fill up exp, knowledge, slots before wipe ....while PvP is almost dead and has but 50 playing.

I  bet, a lot of PvP players can confirm, because they are amongst those filling up on PvE right now :)

Wipe PvE and vets will be busy to refill themselves, being less able to help. So if you want to support new players on PvE, forget the wipe completely. Leave all that is. Even if devs plan to change ships (upgrades, mods...) in a way that would make old ships op, it would hurt the ai only. And the old ships would gradually vanish anyway.

Whats going on on PvE doesnt matter on PvP, so this entire "what applies to us must apply to them" is simply wrong.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

we won't see the servers tied back together like they use to be linked to steam accounts.  I would suggest that we be allowed to transfer our current chars on War server to Peace serve so we can keep all our books and learned ship knowledge if we decide we want to play on that server instead after wipe. 

This part I do agree, good idea, but WORTHLESS as nobody (the dev team) gives a tuck now :) 

I think the forums should be left until release, just like players in WAR server leaving the game. After release we may suggest great ideas, where 1% may be taken into account.

May be we can buy the game "This is my land" and keep talking on related forum where we can have some response ... lol

Edited by AeRoTR

1 hour ago, Jan van Santen said:

You are contradicting yourself...

PvE server is about cooperation, while all of you argue from a  PvP confrontation position, which simply doesnt apply. 

On PvE vets support new players by giving them ships, books, upgrades crafting materials  etc. Not just in a clan, but over all nations and the entire playerbase.

Thats whats going on right now, and thats why PvE still has 120+ players online who try to fill up exp, knowledge, slots before wipe ....while PvP is almost dead and has but 50 playing.

I  bet, a lot of PvP players can confirm, because they are amongst those filling up on PvE right now :)

Wipe PvE and vets will be busy to refill themselves, being less able to help. So if you want to support new players on PvE, forget the wipe completely. Leave all that is. Even if devs plan to change ships (upgrades, mods...) in a way that would make old ships op, it would hurt the ai only. And the old ships would gradually vanish anyway.

Whats going on on PvE doesnt matter on PvP, so this entire "what applies to us must apply to them" is simply wrong.

And once again you just describe exactly what clans do in war server.  Both servers are exactly the same when it comes to this aspect.  Clans pick up new players and help them out.  90% of the game play is PVE for most players on either sever.  Stop trying to act like they are different.  They only difference is on war you can loose your stuff to others players attack that is it.  We all have the same crafting and Econ system as each other.  If not war actually had more PVE aspect cause you have the port investment stuff to pay into if you own a port which takes more cooperation between clans and players of a nation.

I'm really thinking you have no clue what goes on War server at all.  It takes a lot of cooperation and organization to run clans and wars and supply ships.  

As for the wipe that isn’t my pref.  I would prefer to have redeemable of my cap and ship knowledge transferred to Peace server that I worked so hard to get over the years in case I don’t have time to play on war server. It would like to go out in a big ship and have an hour or two fun.

• Like 2

While I don't mind if you drag your belongings from War server to Peace server in order to have them preserved, I don't understand why the discussion immediately switches over again to "destroy Peace server" thinking. Like it always does. You guys never learn to behave. That is why we are where we are and you are where you belong.

Analyzing what came after the original idea and got supported by others, I am surprised that I wrote in my first sentence I don't mind you moving over...

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And once again you just describe exactly what clans do in war server.  Both servers are exactly the same when it comes to this aspect.  Clans pick up new players and help them out.  90% of the game play is PVE for most players on either sever.  Stop trying to act like they are different.  They only difference is on war you can loose your stuff to others players attack that is it.  We all have the same crafting and Econ system as each other.  If not war actually had more PVE aspect cause you have the port investment stuff to pay into if you own a port which takes more cooperation between clans and players of a nation.

I'm really thinking you have no clue what goes on War server at all.  It takes a lot of cooperation and organization to run clans and wars and supply ships.  

As for the wipe that isn’t my pref.  I would prefer to have redeemable of my cap and ship knowledge transferred to Peace server that I worked so hard to get over the years in case I don’t have time to play on war server. It would like to go out in a big ship and have an hour or two fun.

I do think you are wrong on this. I do not play much on the PvE server but when I have been on there I have seen people advertising in global chat for ships and books to give away. How many times in PvP server have you seen people advertising to give away L'Oceans and expensive skill books to people in other nations. They may help clan mates or others in nation but not enemy players.

On PvE having more players who already have the books will actually aid new players as it will mean more available for them, while although the same can be said on the PvP server it is not the same as players are in direct competition with each other so any imbalance creates issues for new players. This is the same reason why any sort of indirect PvP, as people have suggested, would also be bad for the PvE server.

People suggesting that PvE be wiped like PvP are just exhibiting the worst of human nature by dragging everyone down to their level.

Regarding linking the accounts between PvP and PvE, I would agree so that people could transfer their xp and knowledge to PvE before the wipe should they want to play there in future.

The only way I would agree with PvE being wiped is if on launch they allowed the accounts to be linked so that you could level up on PvE server and then use your character on PvP. Personally I feel this would actually help the game as it would stop the complaints of new and inexperienced players being farmed and people on the PvP server would actually be there just for PvP. But for some reason many so called PvP players do not like this as it reduces the number of easy targets available for them. Why are so called PvP focused players so bothered if other players are experienced or have all the books and knowledge slots opened on their ships? surely that would make them more competitive in PvP. It is still a steep learning curve to switch from fighting AI to fighting other players so they would still be easy targets, but at least they would be there for PvP and not people that rage quit because someone interrupted their PvE battle. 

• Like 8

Ok guys, please tell me one thing.

How someone having a L'Ocean on PvE server affect the brand new player in Basic Cutter?

What does new player gain or loose by the fact, someone else have better ship if there is no PvP?

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I do think you are wrong on this. I do not play much on the PvE server but when I have been on there I have seen people advertising in global chat for ships and books to give away. How many times in PvP server have you seen people advertising to give away L'Oceans and expensive skill books to people in other nations.

You can´t be serious. lmao.

3 minutes ago, OjK said:

Ok guys, please tell me one thing.

How someone having a L'Ocean on PvE server affect the brand new player in Basic Cutter?

What does new player gain or loose by the fact, someone else have better ship if there is no PvP?

Its not the ships, as ships are going to be wiped anyway. I used the fact that people were giving away L'Oceans on PvE server to people from any nation to indicate how people on there were more co-operative than on PvP. 

The difference on PvE will be that players who already have the rare books will give them away to other new players no matter which nation they are from unlike PvP where everyone will be after the rare books and even if people already have them they will only give them to people in their clan or nation and even then probably at a price.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawkwood said:

lmao.no comment:) dangerous server this PVE server.

You seem to have no point other than trolling.  What exactly is your problem with his statement?  Everyone on this thread including myself has at least made some point whether or not they agree with STS.  You stand alone as the troll, but perhaps you have a point?  The floor is yours to now contribute.

1 hour ago, Hawkwood said:

lmao.no comment:) dangerous server this PVE server.

You really have no clue...

And whats dangerous about giving surplus ships away ? I havent given an LO, but some smaller ships, books for the encyclopedias and crafting mats... I don't loose anything, some1 else wins (and might help me if ever im in need)...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Archaos said:

The only way I would agree with PvE being wiped is if on launch they allowed the accounts to be linked so that you could level up on PvE server and then use your character on PvP. Personally I feel this would actually help the game as it would stop the complaints of new and inexperienced players being farmed and people on the PvP server would actually be there just for PvP.

This alone is a valid reason for linking the servers.  I'm not saying that the other reasons listed above don't have any value...just that this is the most compelling for me.  I have said for ages that the best way to start this game is for a new player to begin on the Peace server and when he feels that he has "made his bones", transition over to the War server.  Maybe he should have to perform certain tasks before it open for him. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2019 at 1:12 PM, Nodroj said:

so if i start as a new player on the peace server i can then change over to the war server and play with mates?

If you mean that you can transfer your character from pve to pvp server - then no.

But you can create a new character on pvp server and play on both server