Game-Labs Forum

Any cheats?

On 6/4/2019 at 2:14 PM, cipriano200 said:

I am looking for some weapon cheats, reason is, is kind to hard to kill guards and constantly need to craft items.

In red dead or call of juarez it's easier.

If you start a new game, try the character name: Ferio, you will get a decent boni for an easier start.

9-10 tribe members, 3000 skillpoints for what i heard.

Try to kill your enemies very quiet, like in assassins creed, if you know that game, its not like RDR or call of juarez.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Killing guards is kinda easy, at least compared to not killing them and intimidating them instead. There's a fairly hefty penalty in terms of karma & potential SP loss for killing, along with the enemy reacting to killing sprees. Which I think is kinda neat.

The main thing I'd like to 'cheat' is day length, so maybe allowing an hour real-time per in-game day, or making that adjustable. 7 Days to Die is an example where we can tweak the day/night length to adjust difficulty. Currently I think time pressure is too forced, especially with a kinda 'iron-man' mode by default meaning if you rush into trying to clear a camp, it's easy to die, lose stuff then be on the back foot trying to slow the enemy expansion.

Latest patch added a ton of weapon parts & blueprints to make choice of weapons (and better quality) more available, but first find your blueprint.. I guess for me, I'd like more of an 'easy' mode, mainly because I'm more of a casual gamer and tend to get overrun before getting to any mid-late game stuff. So pacing is challenging given the need to get SP and loot to gear up your warriors so they can survive bear hunts to get mats to upgrade camps etc. Balance looks like it's being reviewed & tweaked though.

20 hours ago, Brolo said:

Killing guards is kinda easy, at least compared to not killing them and intimidating them instead.

intimidating is pretty much the same as stealth killing by knife. it's actually just 2 more keystrokes, you still have to single out the foe. i never intimidate, looks like a waste of time and gets tiresome fast. i slaughter them even before they have a chance to whine. i don't even bother looting them because they very rarely carry anything except guns i have no use for anyway.

stealth killing with arrows to the head isn't that much easier, you still have to pick your targets carefully, but allows for more tactical variety and is much more effective, fun and satisfying. speed killing a small camp this way is actually one of the more exciting ways to deal with them, and you have always to be ready to dash away if something goes wrong.

and karma be damned. it's kind of an artificial and one-dimensional balancing mechanic anyway.

8 hours ago, znôrt said:

actually ... no. :D

Out of interest.. how are you playing? So assuming you're a lone brave doing all the wetwork and not relying on you tribesmen? Or do you free enough people from prison camps to fill your camps? For me, keeping karma high means having people to populate my territory, and looting gives me stuff to equip them, or trade with the traders.

4 hours ago, Brolo said:

Out of interest.. how are you playing? So assuming you're a lone brave doing all the wetwork and not relying on you tribesmen? Or do you free enough people from prison camps to fill your camps? For me, keeping karma high means having people to populate my territory, and looting gives me stuff to equip them, or trade with the traders.

i reckon i'm a bit of a weirdo and play a bit (just a bit!) on the 'noble savage' trope. first of all my goal is to play the game, not necessarily win it. will see how that goes!

so bows and arrows it is for me. guns are anyways too noisy. also whiskey, and in general almost anything from the white man is a no-go. notable exceptions may be my spyglass and the occasional canteen or such if in a plight, or using their own gunpowder against them (which is usually available on location). good part is that i always travel light, never have to worry about weight. and don't have to bother with crafting (sheesh! i really have come to hate crafting in games).

buckbrush tea is my usual lifesaver, which is ubiquitous. if not, my tribesmen produce it in quantities. favorite bread&butter skills are 'throw stone', 'spyglass' and 'detect enemies'. and of course bow accuracy, and decent level of health and stamina. tactics are stealth, and hit and run when it gets hairy, and most of all i use the environment to my advantage: grass, shadows, rocks, buildings and my favorite: mountains. if you are followed it is usually possible to mislead them, make a detour and engage again from a different side. being surrounded is indeed nasty so i always avoid that at all costs. i never save (rest), if i die i die, but it doesn't happen often (anymore). if it happens it's no drama: i use to have an ancestor's bow ready at a camp (yes, a bit of a cheat), then it's just getting a horse, stocking on arrows and tea and i'm up again. if enemies get tougher then all the better, makes it more interesting.

tribesmen ... it's a mixed bag atm. i don't really use them too much for now, but plan to. first thing in any camp is ensure they have hunter bows and arrows enough at the very least. lots of arrows! some of them make buckbrush tea for me to borrow when in need (some biomes don't have any). i do upgrade a couple of them, but they gather the stuff themselves. i have lost a few camps, but most are safe for now. yes, i always liberate my brothers, that's a priority. i have surplus population in about half my camps, dunno if that is working as intended. i was a bit paranoid about that at first, moving them around etc, but it really sustains itself. i don't give them much attention for now. some leave, now and then, but it's mostly stable, i guess they gather enough meat while going after pelts, sinew and such.

in general i would like them to be more active, but for now they just gather and sit around, while i do all the resistance. i do want to send them to attack, more sooner than later, but want to assemble a big party first. will see how this goes, probably very bad! :D alas, that would be actually historical. if they get slaughtered too much with bows and arrows i might consider collecting guns for them but ... that collection process is really tedious gameplay i would like to avoid.

oh, about karma, there's that skill to clean it, but you can use it only a few times. tribes use to join me anyway unless i'm full bad karma, although i haven't looked at that in detail, and i'm not sure if karma 'cools down' by itself. as you can see, i don't worry about it at all. maybe it's only relevant at start? i did start this resistance doing more intimidations while trying to figure stuff out. now i just ignore it. i guess when in need and skills are used up, i always build up good karma with some 'grind'. really stupid mechanic if you ask me, but ... other than that, i'm having a real blast. this game is awesome.