Game-Labs Forum

Discussion on Fresh Start of Active/Inactive Clans

Admin indicated one subject that GL has given thought to, but could possibly be implemented at launch in a couple different ways in order to be fair to all and minimize griefing.  That is dealing with clan names.

Right now they stay as-is on launch.

Perhaps we can gather our ideas in this thread in one place in order to offer good suggestions that might work?

All I would ask is we keep this positive and on topic.  The community has some great ideas on this, and Admin wants to be fair.

I for one would love to see clan names as a timed redeemable so active clans can take advantage, and inactive clan names can be wiped.  I don't know if this could be implemented, but I think it would offer the best of all worlds.  Any thoughts?

So what is wrong with the idea of just a complete wipe and let clans rebuild. Most if not all clans are using either teamspeak or discord to communicate. This would act as a meeting place outside of the game for players to meet up and arrange for invites to be sent. The wipe would eliminate both inactive clans as well as inactive members. The reconstruction process would be a minor inconvenience at best.

• Like 2

And then people gonna ask devs to delete troll clans so peeps can get their clan tags back, which means extra job for devs

May I know reason why people want Inactive clans to be deleted?

Edited by Beeekonda
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

And then people gonna ask devs to delete troll clans so peeps can get their clan tags back, which means extra job for devs

May I know reason why people want Inactive clans to be deleted?

I think it boils down to they want the names of clans or players that others already have taken. Something that could happen to many others at game release +1

48 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

the players on the PVP server were the truly ones giving feedback about mechanics

This is simply NOT true ! You have zero clue and I can tell you with 100% certainty many of the most qualified to suggest or test even the sailing and gunnry aspects of the game translated from reality do actually play on PvE, because they don't want permanent competitive game and because of their limited time as they work and hobby mostly on hands-on-approach with history.

Someone throw a lifeline ! He's losing his grip...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hoarmurath said:

Why would you want to take the name of an inactive clan? I see no good reason to allow people to do that.

I can think of a few reasons.  My Russian clan that we had at the merger still has one player in it, if he never logs in I can't use that clan name ever.   Also there might be clan leaders that just might not return but the rest of the clan wants to continue on with that clan tag.  Than you have clans like ROVER couldn't use there clan tag on EU for a long time (they used a zero instead of O) cause I had it on my SOLO pirate I play on EU while I was main on GLOBAL.  We made a trade so I got it over on global and they got the tag proper.  If you actual go look at the clan tags there are hundreds not being used or active filling up the list too.   It really needs to be wiped, but I suggested doing a token for clan leaders for the first week or two, if the token isn't used those clans are wiped.  Sorry if your not back in the first 2 weeks your shouldn't get your old clan back if some one else wants it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I can think of a few reasons.  My Russian clan that we had at the merger still has one player in it, if he never logs in I can't use that clan name ever.   Also there might be clan leaders that just might not return but the rest of the clan wants to continue on with that clan tag.  Than you have clans like ROVER couldn't use there clan tag on EU for a long time (they used a zero instead of O) cause I had it on my SOLO pirate I play on EU while I was main on GLOBAL.  We made a trade so I got it over on global and they got the tag proper.  If you actual go look at the clan tags there are hundreds not being used or active filling up the list too.   It really needs to be wiped, but I suggested doing a token for clan leaders for the first week or two, if the token isn't used those clans are wiped.  Sorry if your not back in the first 2 weeks your shouldn't get your old clan back if some one else wants it.

These aren't good reasons.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 11:33 PM, Intrepido said:

Sorry, cant remember anyone from PVE server giving feedback in the last 3 years.

Here's one, suggested own instance while in port (months before it was introduced, most likely it was me), made it into game!

On 7/9/2018 at 6:52 AM, BuckleUpBones said:

I’m sure you dev’s are working on a nice new port interface but for the meantime I suggest…

Our own local “Instance” of the “Open World” for the background and ship/view selecting, station right in front of the harbour/port we've entered and maybe the camera station at the same open world entry point.

That is, our port will be an new instance of the open world with no other players, (local/private). You already have all the data or harbours/ports of the entire map to create every single harbour scene, you just need to create stand alone instance when the player enters port and overlay the UI.

No camera adjustments since the camera is already lock onto the ships and with the current camera players will have a 360 view (with no ship, camera lock onto the world entry point).

The ship to be stationary, like no forward or backwards movement/sailing but all other controls working, raising/lowing sails and canon firing so the players can inspect there ships, keep claim water, ship wave bobbing and rocking though.

25 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

full wipe

I’m alittle worried about the wipe too.

Don’t know if I have the resolve to grind-out favourite ships again, especially if the forge and shipyard is going cost so much.