Game-Labs Forum
admin

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Can we get a patch notes released before servers are back up to give us something to read and expect when we log in?

If I'm correct there won't be any content patch with the release.

Prepare for the login queues and by the time you login all the good ports battles are already set by the dominant nation.

for those who don't check steam, this is what is written:

Captains!

This game has been in early access since early 1716. This long time was spent on perfecting the combat model and sailing simulation; which many claim is the best in the world. No game has come close to the replication of the Age of Sail sailing mechanics and combat.

Thank you all for your feedback, bug reports and constructive criticism - you helped to make the game better. 

In the next 2 weeks we plan to stabilize the build, provide final updates for localization (including the steam page) and publish the roadmap for the 2019. 

Thank you again. 

So it is nice to know we get a roadmap of things to come.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jean LaPointe said:

Game On. Servers back up and running...................

image.png.3cdd5f0a188abbf766e73647eb5611a9.png

• Like 1

Rättvisan one shott this ship, you know?

Pay to win game anyway.

Edited by n_Ka

Pay to win? The ratt is the worst real 4th rate ship of the lot. Its only advantage is that you can get them for (free) once a day. Once any ship building gets set up which will not take more than a few days the other 4ths will be out to bully them. Not only that but once port investments start kicking in dlc ships fall even further behind. The dlc ships are for the most part very balanced and do not come even close to leading the pack in any way. The only exception would be the la get recked but thats just because of what it is.

• Like 1

Sorry after losing all my effort for the past two years I have pretty much given up playing this game as it has become boringly the same all over again.  Don't worry I bought my share of DLC in support but playing another more interesting game at the moment.  Maybe in a year or two I will look and see if the population surge is sustained.. but happy voyage.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, angriff said:

Sorry after losing all my effort for the past two years I have pretty much given up playing this game as it has become boringly the same all over again.  Don't worry I bought my share of DLC in support but playing another more interesting game at the moment.  Maybe in a year or two I will look and see if the population surge is sustained.. but happy voyage.

Yet posting in forums, new game can't be that exciting.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 3:53 AM, James Thomson said:

This is good, but eventually the gap will be there again when Vets and Noobs are so uneven the noobs shall spend year before they can effectively pvp.

This is ok in my opinion....it will give new players something to set as a goal.... and will also encourage clan based game play... or at least groups.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:00 PM, n_Ka said:

Pay to win game anyway.

Not understanding how you are coming up with this.... I have all the DLC and let me tell you right now.... player crafted ships are almost always better... it is up to you to get efficient at game play.... a good player in a "bad" ship will always beat an underexperienced player in a "good" ship. The imbalance that you are feeling is the experience imbalance... See if you say the same after over 1000 hours of solid one versus one PVP. I only wish to encourage you to search deeper in this fantastic game for the secrets it holds.... the key to unlock these secrets is the key of knowledge through experience...

Good luck out their and fair seas Captain.

Three cheers for the frigates and their gallant Captains.

P.S. The best way to learn how to survive is to get lost by yourself and have to fight inexplicable odds. In such situations I have learned the most regarding how to survive.... just be prepared to lose your ships.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 5:59 AM, LIONOFWALES said:

Not understanding how you are coming up with this.... I have all the DLC and let me tell you right now.... player crafted ships are almost always better... it is up to you to get efficient at game play.... a good player in a "bad" ship will always beat an underexperienced player in a "good" ship. The imbalance that you are feeling is the experience imbalance... See if you say the same after over 1000 hours of solid one versus one PVP. I only wish to encourage you to search deeper in this fantastic game for the secrets it holds.... the key to unlock these secrets is the key of knowledge through experience...

Good luck out their and fair seas Captain.

Three cheers for the frigates and their gallant Captains.

P.S. The best way to learn how to survive is to get lost by yourself and have to fight inexplicable odds. In such situations I have learned the most regarding how to survive.... just be prepared to lose your ships.

Any1 versed in PvP would attest that modules and port bonus' is OP.. The fact that we have mods that basically remove the need to rep masts while the opponent is forced to do it, basically enables a sure win scenario. Add to this the laser accuracy of the guns and the imbalances of fx. 32pds carros on smaller ships and u can't really maintain that exp is a factor in the game. The game is woefully unbalanced and sorely needs an overhaul... but ofc.. the game was in a "releasable" state....

• Like 3