Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

37 minutes ago, Wraith said:

That's funny... because I didn't see this poster or anyone else speak up in support of their fellow brethren and the walking back of prior promises...

... right up until they came for them.  Reminds me of another quote I once read: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...#Text

Creating comparison between server wipe of game and holocaust quote I think is very bad.

Perhaps just me but is very disturbing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You do understand that 90% of this game no matter what server you play on is PvE?  My life on War Server is no diffrent than yours....oh wait except I take a risk of an actual player attacking me and sinking me.....PvE takes no risk unless they engage AI.   Actually I prob know way more about PvE than most do since I been a main crafter and clan leader running very strong production lines that has to do with a lot of crafting, trading and PvE to get things done.   So please don't say what I know or don't know about the game.  I actually play all aspects of the game and not just a small part of one or another.

I mean why else would I have freaking 5 chars on this game if I didn't do it for the PvE and crafting parts of this game to get a head cause you can only fight with 1 or 2 at a time (most I had in battle was three ages ago).

don't know how you have time to play the game with 6452 posts 

4 hours ago, Maloco said:

Te agradezco pero no hacia falta compañero ... el que quiera enterarse que lo traduzca si quiere xd

1 hour ago, adriancairns said:

don't know how you have time to play the game with 6452 posts 

Learn how to mulit task and well it's called having mulit monitors so you can do more than one thing.  I mean have you not every AFK Sale from one end of the map to another.  You got to have something else to do while your ship is just floating about in the middle of no where.   

Than and also post during other times when I'm not playing and I been very involved in this game since 2016. it's what testers do, they give feed back of a game they are testing for the better or worse.

PS:  It's not 6452 post, that is my likes of post I made, my actual post count is 7934.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Ask yourself why?  What principle was Niemöller touching on there that doesn't apply in this context?  Players that bought Early Access DLC and continued to support and provide feedback on a game they thought they were testing under the assumption that their progression in XP and Crafting Levels would be preserved.

Right up until the point they learned they wouldn't. 

Perhaps it's because you're an apologist for what amounts to pretty miserable behavior and mistreatment of a player base that has done nothing but stuck by developers that makes you feel a little twinge of discomfort?

Is not about game or what devs do that give discomfort, more using analogy of genocide to that of server wipe.

Is like comparing schoolyard fight to WW2.

I not very happy about server wipe either, but is same for all.

Is not end of world or replay of Khmer Rouge in Camdodia.

Perhaps get out more and not live in basement,  game wipe not big thing and much more pressing matters in world outside your own headspace.

Play or not play is easy decision, make it.

Edited by Doh

11 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Ask yourself why?  What principle was Niemöller touching on there that doesn't apply in this context?  Players that bought Early Access DLC and continued to support and provide feedback on a game they thought they were testing under the assumption that their progression in XP and Crafting Levels would be preserved.

Right up until the point they learned they wouldn't. 

Perhaps it's because you're an apologist for what amounts to pretty miserable behavior and mistreatment of a player base that has done nothing but stuck by developers that makes you feel a little twinge of discomfort?

Except you're leaving out a very important part of the equation here, Wraith...  The ability to process and assign the, dare I say, NORMAL amount of disappointment or anger that one should assign to "traumatic" events in their life....

Yes, it is normal (I guess) to feel a certain degree of loss when a wipe happens in a video game...  i.e.-- time/effort/etc....

But the amount of histrionics displayed at times in this thread is, quite honestly, hysterical....

And the fact that one would invoke Niemoller, and actually attempt to equate what he is referencing in his work to a game where nobody actually "loses" anything, is sheer lunacy.

Please don't feel the need to respond, as I completely done talking about this topic.  In the end, we all must decide for ourselves whether we enjoy the game enough to play it or not.  

36 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Heh, you don't get to have the last word just because you're being backed into a logical corner here. Read this slowly because apparently it's difficult for you and many others to understand: People's disappointment has nothing to do with a wipe, it has to do with being misled.

We can argue the merits of wiping different aspects of the game at this time, 2 years after what literally is an actual game release given the niche nature of Naval Action, but that's missing the larger point. That point is, the developers stated that XP and crafting level would be safe. From day one of Early Access this was understood, and formed the foundation that I and many others purchased and played/tested the game under for 3.5 years. 

That alone is enough to warrant people being disappointed, and you and the developers shouldn't discount those feelings because they are 100% legitimate.  To call it hysterical is sexist and unproductive. Why you shouldn't engage in a dialogue to understand and appreciate what that means, and why all of that combines to breeding a hugely toxic environment to launch a game within is beyond me.. It smacks of fanboyism and apologist behavior that is incredibly hard to deal with, especially as a fan of the game but as a real critic of it as well.

52 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I wasn't equating anything the dev's are doing to genocide.. that's in your own mind. Shame on you. 

The analogy I was making was directed towards the ignorance that different player groups engage in right up to the point where it impacts their own gameplay.

Perhaps you need to revisit some lessons in reading comprehension and reflect on why you engage in knee jerk reactions to anything that happens to relate to a specific period in history that you'd like to deny happening out of discomfort alone, rather than facing up to the guidance you should be taking from them?

Perhaps you should read over what you type and then hopefully figure out why you have no social life and are obsessed with a game that matters not.

Potemkin yet again provides us with valuable feedback on the forums.  At least Vernon has competent arguments that go beyond Xbox live insults and don’t consist of “hehe mah feelings” or “get a life bro”... you however, sigh.

Grow up kiddo.

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 1

Whats funny is the majority of wraith's and your own "arguements" are basically just incessant bitching and then calling whoever disagrees with your opinions ignorant, stupid, or in this case, sexist...? I mean seriously, have you guys really convinced yourselves that because you bought dlc and the game and willingly played it for years, that you are entitled to direct control over major decisions regarding development? Misguided entitlement has been your MO for months now, get over it and "grow up kiddos".

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

Perhaps you need to revisit some lessons in reading comprehension and reflect on why you engage in knee jerk reactions to anything that happens to relate to a specific period in history that you'd like to deny happening out of discomfort alone, rather than facing up to the guidance you should be taking from them?

This might be the cringiest thing ive seen yet from you, literally accusing someone who disagrees with you and labelling him what? A holocaust denier? I mean seriously, is this how VCO operates on the forum now? Is this how you plan to convince people to agree with your ideas?

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

I fail to see why one wouldn’t expect input from the community on important decisions in an early access game that advertises “community driven development” on it’s main page.  

You call it entitlement, we might call it basic customer service and accountability.   I don’t care about a wipe.  I’ve been a gamer long enough to deal with beta to release transitions.  I do however care about promises that we’re made and that have since been “revisited”. Folks bought extra accounts, DLCs and invested hours into a game under a certain degree of expectation and when that expectation changes without so much as a sorry, people should be upset.  If you don’t understand that...well I suppose that might be why you’re the guy telling wraith to “get a life bro”.  Sad.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

I fail to see why one wouldn’t expect input from the community on important decisions in an early access game that advertises “community driven development” on it’s main page.  

You call it entitlement, we might call it basic customer service and accountability.   I don’t care about a wipe.  I’ve been a gamer long enough to deal with beta to release transitions.  I do however care about promises that we’re made and that have since been “revisited”. Folks bought extra accounts, DLCs and invested hours into a game under a certain degree of expectation and when that expectation changes without so much as a sorry, people should be upset.  If you don’t understand that...well I suppose that might be why you’re the guy telling wraith to “get a life bro”.  Sad.

Lmao, whats sad is having to whine about your feelings being hurt because you didn't get a "sorry". But dont mind me continue with the salt bombs, its getting interesting. Oh and btw, reasonable input is one thing, demanding things be implemented, changed, or done a certain way (your way) and then throwing temper tantrums when they're not is quite another.

Edited by Potemkin

23 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Lmao, whats sad is having to whine about your feelings being hurt because you didn't get a "sorry". But dont mind me continue with the salt bombs, its getting interesting. Oh and btw, reasonable input is one thing, demanding things be implemented, changed, or done a certain way (your way) and then throwing temper tantrums when they're not is quite another.

I've only heard relatively reasonable arguments on here from the individuals you claim are whining.  No temper tantrums or "salt bombs".  The only irrational comments in these pages are yours or the other folks saying "get over it".  

I'm curious how you feel about this post.  I noticed the "everything is fine" crowd is noticeably absent from it.  Do you think given the DLC money the devs have received from the community is being invest back into this game?  We can't even get a website that's been updated in the past 3 years.  Tragic really.  

Anyway, you have your expectations and standards and some of us have others.  If yours are met or satisfied with the recent developments, well then by all means keep doing you son.  Some of us feel differently and make constructive criticism towards that end.  If you don't like that, cool...tell us why.  Constructively.  Your comments thus far have not been.  Time to class them up.  I know you can do better.  Apply yourself. 

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 1

Constructive, classy criticism that ends with Wraith calling people holocaust deniers, sexists, ignorant and stupid? Right, keep trying lmao. You guys have had some good ideas but when you deal with criticism of your own ideas or being straight up ignored you come across as narcissistic, holier than thou jackasses. You have the right to your own opinion, thats a fact. You do not have immunity from judgement of your own reaction to criticism of those opinions. I certainly dont agree with all the recent changes but im still going to play the game, and when its not fun anymore ill stop. Its as simple as that. If you feel you need to get back at the devs or start some kind of coffee shop revolution on the forums, well then, you do you son. Just dont write absurd shit and act like snotty children that didnt get the new toy they wanted and not expect people to call you out for it.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I've done the PVE server and found it very much the same, regardless of what part of the map you are on.  We're not talking a small area here.  The Gulf is more than large enough to give a player all the advantages of the entire PVE server. 

The point is - restrict the PvPrs to the Gulf and allow PvErs the vast majority of the map.    If you want to force all of us into a single server, don't expect PvErs to accept the reduced version.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

PVE server is a buble, nothing close to PVP server.

Yeah we were a bunch of fools trusting the word given repeately during all these 3 years of testing. GL has fooled me once, never again.

Quit playing then. who cares.

11 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Quit posting, nobody will miss you.

Same to you, lol..trying to explain you this, that nobody cares if you leave or don´t. Quit whining here about "promises" and books. Because nobody cares.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

Please consider wiping all player nicks and clan tags. IMO it's not really a fresh start when all that old shit still stays as is imo. 

its good that player names stay, i think texas or someone already pointd out that a troll with excess amount of alts could snake known player names....then there are players that have passed away and i dont wish to see a noob or ALT sailing as Cornelius Cornflower or Captn Jack. but there are dead clans that need to wiped theres only so many acronyms in the english language...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Serk said:

Interesting, so players are not interested in pure PVP in disposable ships with  no consequences?

Some are, but you're right that it's interesting that the population has dropped off.  I log on in the evening and sail around looking for trouble with about a quarter of what we used to see in my prime time.  So many people have given up because of the looming wipe and I can only guess that it's because there is no purpose in building infrastructure and acquiring wealth.  I hope that Devs take note as to how important this appears to be.  For me, I had a couple of fun fights last night, even when the pop hit 70.  The game is still there...it's still fun to play....and after the wipe (whatever gets wiped) it's still going to be the same game.

also regarding a pve section of the map within pvp server is bad cuz i would just build my ships in pve section. the most dangerous part of building a ship is getting resources back to the port in which u wish to build in 

2 minutes ago, Kjartan said:

also regarding a pve section of the map within pvp server is bad cuz i would just build my ships in pve section. the most dangerous part of building a ship is getting resources back to the port in which u wish to build in 

Good point, but them hippies in PVE don't get no port bonuses!  I actually think that we are staying with two servers, so I suspect this is a dead issue.  I really don't understand why PVE doesn't get the same features as PVP.  It's a developer decision and they are not telling us their reasons. 

15 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I really don't understand why PVE doesn't get the same features as PVP.

Just has not the priority at the moment. They fix things on PvP war server first, always was like this. Does not exclude it may come later to us. But will I be there?

Half of resources are shifting over to 'This Land is my Land' anyway. And this in a small studio. Good luck with that.

19 minutes ago, Kjartan said:

its good that player names stay, i think texas or someone already pointd out that a troll with excess amount of alts could snake known player names....then there are players that have passed away and i dont wish to see a noob or ALT sailing as Cornelius Cornflower or Captn Jack. but there are dead clans that need to wiped theres only so many acronyms in the english language...

Wait when did Cornelius pass?  We all expect Captain Jack with his health.

10 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Good point, but them hippies in PVE don't get no port bonuses!  I actually think that we are staying with two servers, so I suspect this is a dead issue.  I really don't understand why PVE doesn't get the same features as PVP.  It's a developer decision and they are not telling us their reasons. 

It’s cause they never planed it in the first place.  They said since day one they won’t really support any thing PVE until maybe after release.   The main goal has always been the main game on the War server.  

Though I agree.  I think they could make a better game by giving more things to do on the Peace server.  That why numbers gone up cause folks don’t want to start over so they went over to play on it.  At least until the wipe.

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

The reason is that it's simply impossible with current game mechanics. Port upgrades are available to a clan owning a port. Since it is not possible to conquer a port on PVE server, there is no owning clan. And since there is no owning clan, there is no one to build the port upgrades. 

Call it poor game design, but that's how it is at the moment. 

• Like 1