Game-Labs Forum

visual crew

So far too much strain on the system with more visible crew. The game will need a lot of optimisation before that can be even thought about adding. Imagine several thousand animated crewmen in larger fights... Bye bye framrate. Not happening too soon, if at all.

6 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

So far too much strain on the system with more visible crew. The game will need a lot of optimisation before that can be even thought about adding. Imagine several thousand animated crewmen in larger fights... Bye bye framrate. Not happening too soon, if at all.

to put some on deck would be fine. is that they look like ghost ships

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

well, an argument could be to drop the crews underdeck on the lineships, but have only the ones on the open deck and in the rigging visible, and anyway the crew that are visualized today are way to big, they look like giants :P 

Edited by Guest

Just now, Wyy said:

well, an argument could be to drop the crews underdeck on the lineships, but have only the ones on the open deck and in the rigging visible, and anyway the crew that are visualized today are way to big, they look like giants :P 

True. Though everything 3rd rate and above has more than 100 crew on sailing duty alone. And probably another 50+ on the weather deck guns, if I am not mistaken. A battle of fifty first rates would probably still turn your PC into a pretty bonfire^^
I'd love to see more crew as much as anyone, but for now it is probably a good thing that this is not high on the priority list^^

12 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

True. Though everything 3rd rate and above has more than 100 crew on sailing duty alone. And probably another 50+ on the weather deck guns, if I am not mistaken. A battle of fifty first rates would probably still turn your PC into a pretty bonfire^^
I'd love to see more crew as much as anyone, but for now it is probably a good thing that this is not high on the priority list^^

well i would test it, having an option to increase/decrease visibility of crew since it would make a difference in the combat itself

Look if Total War can do crew not only fully modeled but AI'd for boarding, grappling, firing all the cannons NA can do visual crew. Next time you sail look at your crew, they literally are 3 meter giants playing the same 6 second animation over again and we don't even have all the open deck cannons manned for this embarrassment, it's pathetic looking, I'll take the 2 fps hit to have crew on my ship.

• Like 2