Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  

I am just curious here, why was the decision made not to allow players to take economic missions from any port? It's incredibly irritating to make your run to an enemy port and then sail, basically empty, all the way back to a base. Why not let us chain missions together? Drop one off, pick up another in the direction I need to go? This would keep traders out to sea for longer and they would be able to make a bit more money in the process. 

Edited by Galt
  • Like 3

I can do a kind of route amongst ports that my nation owns and usually mange to not run empty.  I guess you mean when you are hitting foreign ports? 

I would like to see Smuggler Missions added in foreign nation ports, mirroring cargo and passenger delivery missions but which grant different kinds of rewards for those that smuggle in, take, and fulfill those missions.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I can do a kind of route amongst ports that my nation owns and usually mange to not run empty.  I guess you mean when you are hitting foreign ports? 

Yeah, I did a run last night from Tortue to Ocean Bight, Arthur's Town, Alabaster Rocks, and then Kemp's Bay but I have to wait until I am either back at Tortue or run to Shroud and check so I don't run back completely empty. 

short distance econ missions are sometimes even better than the long distance ones - and on the plus side you can work it to stay in friendly ports.

I do feel some of the reasons to not having missions given in enemy ports is a reason to take those ports to gain the benefits.

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

short distance econ missions are sometimes even better than the long distance ones - and on the plus side you can work it to stay in friendly ports.

I do feel some of the reasons to not having missions given in enemy ports is a reason to take those ports to gain the benefits.

I would buy that if you were even able to pull hostility but often they are soooo far away that this isn't even realistic. 

20 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I do feel some of the reasons to not having missions given in enemy ports is a reason to take those ports to gain the benefits

Lots of reasons, including access for your warships.

Promote movement for traders, and the trader/hunters.  Allow more economic opportunities in foreign ports.

• Like 1