Game-Labs Forum

Forts helping trolls

I would like forts to not help an enemy if that enemy is the one that clicks attack. I get tagged too many times by trolls with no intent of fighting, that run straight to a fort.

Most recent incidents include:

• British Rattvisan tagging my Christian when I sailed past the fort at Carlisle. (obviously no intent of fighting)
  • Russian LGV I chased towards Cap Francais started to tag my Wasa when they got in range of the fort. (obviously no intent of fighting)
  • Spanish Cerberus tagging my Wasa outside Remedios when I chased them too close to the forts. (obviously no intent of fighting)

XUE7YyN.jpg

Edited by --Privateer--

1 hour ago, Latron said:

Just stay clear of the forts then 😕

It's not only a problem when starting directly under a fort. I'm sure this scenario would sound familiar to any pvper.

1. Someone tags you, not under a fort, but within a 10 minute sail. 
  2. They immediately start sailing towards the fort, only turning to kite a bit.
  3. You are faster, but not fast enough to catch them before they reach the fort, so you stop out of range.
  4. They come back a bit, so you put your sails up, but they immediately sail back under the fort. 
  5. You start sailing away, so they don't waste any more of your time.
  6. They say something stupid like: WhAt? DoN't YoU wAnT tO fIgHt?

Forts are supposed to be for defense, they are not there to fight your battles for you, and they are not there to help you troll people. 

I don't see any scenario where an attacker should need to use a fort. If they can't sink the enemy on their own, they have no business attacking them in the first place.

3 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

It's not only a problem when starting directly under a fort. I'm sure this scenario would sound familiar to any pvper.

1. Someone tags you, not under a fort, but within a 10 minute sail. 
  2. They immediately start sailing towards the fort, only turning to kite a bit.
  3. You are faster, but not fast enough to catch them before they reach the fort, so you stop out of range.
  4. They come back a bit, so you put your sails up, but they immediately sail back under the fort. 
  5. You start sailing away, so they don't waste any more of your time.
  6. They say something stupid like: WhAt? DoN't YoU wAnT tO fIgHt?

Forts are supposed to be for defense, they are not there to fight your battles for you, and they are not there to help you troll people. 

I don't see any scenario where an attacker should need to use a fort. If they can't sink the enemy on their own, they have no business attacking them in the first place.

I've seen those kinds of battles, but those kind of people are just cowards and are not worth your time. If you feel the need to leave then just leave. 

8 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

I would like forts to not help an enemy if that enemy is the one that clicks attack. I get tagged too many times by trolls with no intent of fighting, that run straight to a fort.

Most recent incidents include:

• British Rattvisan tagging my Christian when I sailed past the fort at Carlisle. (obviously no intent of fighting)
  • Russian LGV I chased towards Cap Francais started to tag my Wasa when they got in range of the fort. (obviously no intent of fighting)
  • Spanish Cerberus tagging my Wasa outside Remedios when I chased them too close to the forts. (obviously no intent of fighting)

XUE7YyN.jpg

the forts are only invented to sink ships at the coast of an island

you are lured to the coast by a captain who knows what he is doing

you, on the other hand, made a huge tactical mistake to follow them

the funny part is why people talk like borg to you is they understand but you seem to be ignorant.

just sail away and let them see you are a smart captain.

Don't sail near enemy forts or towers. they SINK your  ship

there is no discussion about....forts use guns, in war, they use these guns ...

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thonys said:

Don't sail near enemy forts or towers. they SINK your  ship

I've never been sunk by a fort in this manner, and I doubt anyone else has. If it was a valid tactic that got results I would not complain, but in reality it only wastes time.

5 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

I've never been sunk by a fort in this manner, and I doubt anyone else has. If it was a valid tactic that got results I would not complain, but in reality it only wastes time.

i have been sunk by a fort in my lynx ....

very nasty experience i can tell you..

and also by a captain who lured , me to the fort, so a valid tactic ...(he was seeking shelter)

i should have sailed away ...( in reality, just to save time. )

Edited by Thonys

I'm sorry to tell you that your complaint is wrong, if a captain uses a strong to defend against your attack, it is completely logical, as when we use the windbreaker so that they do not reach us or the carronadas to take them off and board them, you plant in an enemy port, near their forts and canyons and you complain that they defend their owners ??? Do you really complain about this ?? My friend, you should meditate.

7 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

Instead of a bunch of BORK writing the same thing, I was hoping for a actual discussion. 

Can anyone think of a reason an attacker would need to use a fort?

The actual discussion here is

"Adapt."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

It only waste time if you take the bait. Showing your time is more important to yourself by not indulging people not looking for a good fight is your best move. We know pvp is spare sometimes, but the result of chasing someone to their fort is always going to be unsatisfactory, unless of course you have the size to manage the risk, or like a mortar brig or something. Actually keeping a mortar in your fleet to switch too any time wouldn't be a half bad idea. Otherwise spare yourself the dreaded dead end chase.

well, all three events describe you in a largely stronger and i am sure faster ship than your opponent. First, it hasn't been good pvp but seeking an easy kill. Second, your enemies did the only right thing looking for shelter. At Carlisle? Maybe people are tired of being smashed right on their home-turf 😊

On 5/18/2019 at 10:11 PM, --Privateer-- said:

don't see any scenario where an attacker should need to use a fort. If they can't sink the enemy on their own, they have no business attacking them in the first place.

Not true ports would fight any enemy foreign ship entering its port or near a fort.  The British often were attacked by forts and they would often used enemy forts as kind of target practice.  What we forget is that in the age of sail a ship in clear weather would be within sight for a day or more wind dependent. Giving ample time for it to be manned. They also avoided them.  Yes a ship would always try to use the fort to its advantage. That is realistic.

Also engaging the enemy (Tagging) bringing them into combat mode  does NOT necessarily mean someone want to totally commit.  Its getting close enough to see who the enemy is.  A smart captain will avoid combat if his chances are low.