Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sento de Benimaclet

Close combat with the AI instantly.

Recommended Posts

Hello!!.
Since there are no reinforcement zones (except the capital, where there are only sixth classes and it is created for new people), since good fleets sail offshore, since everything is so expensive, since they have implemented a new system of damages and now they do more damage the AI, since we need a lot of reals and doubloons for the reasons that we all know, since when entering a combat with the AI you are sold because you can not see if any enemy is going to enter you. that many use for the ganking, could close the fighting with the AI instantaneously to avoid that nobody enters to annoy? Or they can implement some kind of warning to the one who is inside the combat, (I repeat we are blind inside what happens outside), that there are enemies in a nearby area and give him time or to continue in combat and risk or get out of combat and lose the reward of it? Thank you very much in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Others can only enter the other side if you have a sizable amount more BR then the enemy side. So Fight AI fleets that are equal or close to your BR and you will be fine. If not then be prepared for one enemy probably smaller then you to join. If they join with a lot of BR then your side will be open and you can have a friend join.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Aster said:

Others can only enter the other side if you have a sizable amount more BR then the enemy side. So Fight AI fleets that are equal or close to your BR and you will be fine. If not then be prepared for one enemy probably smaller then you to join. If they join with a lot of BR then your side will be open and you can have a friend join.

Generally to attack fleets of 8, 10 boats people usually use first. If you are hunting in a remote area, nobody comes to help you. They take advantage of the fact that you are suffering damage and then attack you in better conditions for them. That should not happen. But the worst thing is that when you are inside you do not see, you do not know what is happening outside, that is why I ask you to close the combat with the AI instantly or include an alert to the enemy that is inside possible enemy nearby, giving you time to continue the combat or to put safe.

Imagine attacking a fleet of fifths, 7 fifths with the ocean sum 800 BR and you 900. An Ocean enemy arrives and can enter because "his" side has less BR. And on top of that the one who is suffering damage has no idea what is coming. It's not fair.

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ambivalent about this because there are just too few players to attack on the OW. While I am somewhat sympathetic to the new players who are grinding and the players more focused on PvE as content, as a PvP'er who is sailing around for hours searching for any fight to be had I can also see wanting those fights to be open when you find it, though it hardly ever results in a fair fight (which is fine in my book, but many people will cry about).

In general I would argue against anything that takes content out of the game for either PvE or PvP. And so as a compromise I would add in a couple of quality of life features: BR totals of OW fleets, contrasted with the BR of your own fleet/group that is displayed before pressing Attack, with a clear indicator whether the battle will be Open for 20 min. or close after 2, etc.  The ROE should be transparent. Second, I would add in a 5 minute join timer if the battle is being joined by someone from the outside after the battle has extended beyond the 2 min. window where all players inside the battle get a "Sails ahoy!" warning so they can disengage/run/repair and whatnot before being set upon by the joiners.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again if you attack 7 AI fifths the chances are the BR will be high enough the battle will close AI fifths being commonly 100-200 BR. Anyway if you Have to be super safe and can not risk a battle being open. Then do not attack AI higher then their BR so if you see 5 fifths then do not bring more then 500BR the battle can not stay open then. Even 600 BR+ should be safe depending on ship comp. Anyway I am not in favor of adding more rules for something that is a non issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aster said:

Anyway I am not in favor of adding more rules for something that is a non issue.

It was not a problem before when it closed at 2 minutes and then nobody could enter, and it was changed.

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attack more challenging AI ( higher BR than you ) and it will close to enemies after the 2 minutes mark.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another example of how the BR roe is an annoying mess. Let’s vote on what the length of a simple join timer should be - and go back to that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Attack more challenging AI ( higher BR than you ) and it will close to enemies after the 2 minutes mark.

 

This is not a problem for the veteran players, new players leveling up, I do belive  have enough problems to fight equal ships.

The veteran player knows what to do with the right tag, sail away for the first 30 second, tag upwind, place join circle on land, and so on, so they are safe fighting. Ai’s. New players aint. But it is ofc a question if they should be safer than the rest of us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missions close automatically. Open world AI hunting nope :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Missions close automatically. Open world AI hunting nope :)

OK. Tell the DEVS. give us the reals and the doubloons and the rank XP. And then IAs will not be necessary. 😜

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Generally to attack fleets of 8, 10 boats people usually use first. If you are hunting in a remote area, nobody comes to help you. They take advantage of the fact that you are suffering damage and then attack you in better conditions for them. That should not happen. But the worst thing is that when you are inside you do not see, you do not know what is happening outside, that is why I ask you to close the combat with the AI instantly or include an alert to the enemy that is inside possible enemy nearby, giving you time to continue the combat or to put safe.

Imagine attacking a fleet of fifths, 7 fifths with the ocean sum 800 BR and you 900. An Ocean enemy arrives and can enter because "his" side has less BR. And on top of that the one who is suffering damage has no idea what is coming. It's not fair.

That's why you get combat medals for PvE now as well. More risks more chances. Take away the risks then take away the rewards as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what i mostly encounter is, when tagging AI or a player. for battle

In the battle start, the player is 16.879. miles in front of me and the AI is on collision course 30 meters away...

its weird science sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

That's why you get combat medals for PvE now as well. More risks more chances. Take away the risks then take away the rewards as well.

There is no risk to the ganker. The risk only exists for the player who is fighting with the AI and does not know what happens in OW. As for the amount of CM they give in PVE missions, it's very little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

OK. Tell the DEVS. give us the reals and the doubloons and the rank XP.

You gain all of those with all activities. Missions give all three. OW hunting AI give all three. PvP hunting give all three.

OW hunting is, by design, opportunities for you to intercept enemies as much as enemies to intercept you. That's twice the opportunities for everyone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...