Game-Labs Forum

iam new

Galvez88

Question

(I thank you very much.) I lost the basic boat (the one at the beginning) and now I do not see it in the harbor how much should I expect to see it and how do I get crew for other boats? I have a DLC boat and I only have 40 crew, I do not know how get more I can not go out to sea

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

You will have to rank up to be able to crew larger ships, including your DLC. Do the tutorials. Don't worry about the exams right now. They will be too difficult. You are provided with a ship for the tutorials. You can get a new basic cutter already outfitted with small cannons. They are always free and come with unlimited repairs. Click on the gavel icon in port to see ships for sale. Use the cutter to do some 7th level missions or kill small ships in OW. You can earn reals by capturing traders and selling their cargo. You earn XP by killing things. You can also earn reals by taking cargo or passenger delivery missions. Be advised you have to be in a trader ship to enter an enemy port unless it says on the map available to all. Cargo is heavy so you'll need at least a trader brig to carry one cargo. Once you earned some reals and gained some rank, you can consider buying a more powerful small ship until you can crew your DLC.

But most importantly, ask for help in your Nation Chat. Someone may be willing to help you out by giving you some starting funds, a better ship, or even sail with you to show you some things. Getting on Teamspeak or Discord with your Nation will help.

I will request the a Moderator move this post to the appropriate section.

Good luck. 

Edited by Farrago
Typo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Dont spam the forums and ask for help in the game.

My hell, and one wonders why the new player reviews on Steam say we have a toxic community... 

To the OP, you can always buy a Basic Cutter in any port for free. Crew is free and repairs are always free (you don’t need to carry/buy any for a Basic Cutter) as well.

Edited by Capitalism
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Check this thread and my answers to him before judging.

Maybe he is trying English to see if he can get additional help and/or open his question to more than just helpers from one language?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Check this thread and my answers to him before judging.

And? People have the right to ask the same question as many times if they like if they are unclear about something. Gameplay help and guides can never be spam. People that search for questions on google get redirected to threads like this so more is better and even if it is more of the same.