Game-Labs Forum
rediii

Little things that would improve the game a lot

I think the OW should have anonymous comms between hostiles. IE you can message them but it doesn't say their name or anything just a chat room with "anonymous" and you. That way you can still communicate without being identified if you want.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capt Aerobane said:

I think the OW should have anonymous comms between hostiles. IE you can message them but it doesn't say their name or anything just a chat room with "anonymous" and you. That way you can still communicate without being identified if you want.

RTFQ....refer to #5 in the OP

23 minutes ago, Father of Dragons said:

Are hostility missions still as tedious as a year ago?

they haven't changed - only the required BR to get to 100% has changed (lowered by about 40% for everything).

Effectively making them "less" tedious.

• Like 1

Add "Show Port on Map" when choosing Cargo/Passenger Delivery missions

Add  warning sound when tagged

Add pop up tab when hovering mouse over "Perks" in Fleet menu (F- in open world)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Przemo said:

Add "Show Port on Map" when choosing Cargo/Passenger Delivery missions

Add  warning sound when tagged

Add pop up tab when hovering mouse over "Perks" in Fleet menu (F- in open world)

added. :) I like the map thing ... there should be so much more visibile at first sight 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

Why would this be the case?  I'd argue that if you destroy the forts in a hostility mission then they shouldn't appear in the port battle.

You could argue that you should just need to "repair" them with new cannons and partial amounts of stone block.. but in any case, the "forever" forts in OW battle instances and hostility missions seems like a bad idea to me. 

If this is the consequence of fort/tower destruction in the instance, then why limit it to hostility missions? Any fort/tower destruction in the instance (host mission, ai hunting, pvp, etc.) should require rebuilding then.

Plus, as of today, if you destroy a fortification in the instance, it does not disappear.

Edited by Archipel

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

Why would this be the case?  I'd argue that if you destroy the forts in a hostility mission then they shouldn't appear in the port battle.

Players'/clans' assets should never be destroyed while they are offline.  The amount of hauling I've done to build forts......fricken yeesh...

7 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

How come you don't like my AI traders suggestion?

didn't log on until now. Having traders always carry maximum cargo makes no sense, they dont wait an extra week to fill up and risk losing a contract. Its comparable today with truck drivers that buy delivery contracts for several thousands of $ and they wouldn't risk those expensive contracts for maybe a few hundred more if they wait a few more days just to wait to fill up the Truck.

My suggestion doesent interfere with anything that you've suggested, you can still have your fully loaded AI traders, but players should be able to buy delivery contracts from the AI, let players choose what ship to use based on route, insurance prizes and what not. 

I cant really find any flaws or bad things about the suggestion, the casuals will get more content, more hunger to kill those ais traveling along the coast. PvP'ers and haulers that dont want to to the haul by themselves can play the high risk high reward game if they dont want to or dont have the time to do the hauling by themselves.

Please let me know what you think about the suggestion, and please tell me about the flaws or negatives about the suggestion.

• Like 1

1. Clan Docks: accessible by officers, or a ship can be assigned to clan member to be claimed. Dockspace is donated by clan members, so there is no unfairness to solo players or abuse of extra dockspace. 2 donated dockspace from members can make 1 clan dockspace. Can be upgraded by big reals and more donations.

2. Additional Clan Warehouse: as clans can have many outposts, additional clan warehouse is a great addition. Members donate their own dockspace at the port of new clan warehouse, by donation a new clan warehouse is formed. Donation is needed not to put solo players into disadvantage and abuse of extra warehouse slots. Can be upgraded by big reals and more donations. So it is easier to work as a clan in many ports. This is a very needed addition to the game and I do not see any harm but many benefits.

3. Two Stage Clan Warehouse. Ability to create public warehouse pool, so all members can withdraw from public pool.

4. More ranks in clans, like new "recruit", fleet commander etc.

5. Ability to create temporary routes on world map, save them. Ability to create notes on world map. Ability to share created routes or notes or positions with clan members or friends or a custom list.

6. Ability to create public or custom groups with more options. Group aim text, ship selection etc.

7. Ability to use signal flares when close to national ports, which pops up S.O.S. on screens of captains on same nations within range. Admin wants pvp, here you get more.

8. Should I mention super exciting Pirate mechanics instead of Pirates being nation? This one big, I guess not.

9. Ability to create avatar for our captain, Nice 3d model captain on deck, which likes to shout at sailors. Marines and sailors on deck addition to cannon loaders, can turn off from gfx options !

Sorry it was a bit too much.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 5

• The possibility to load different amunition per canon deck
  • Display the damage of the (own) masts, (like the Display of hull damage)
  • Random timers
  • Like 2

Forgot to redeem my Combat medals earned during the nassau patrol last night. Yes, getting them as redeemable at maintenance would greatly improve quality of life.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 2

On battle group, make possible to change the flag color in OW. This would create the possibility to form a yellow squadron, red squadron and blue squadron, easily identified by friendly players, with an easier command for the leader. 

• Like 7

Allow friendly clans in foreign nations. Friendly clan players will be allied in all spaces of the game, including port battles. 

• Like 2

Cargo and Passenger delivery should give XP towards knowledge slots on trading ships.

Edited by Son of Surcouf
  • Like 4

Add ping "Help I'm attacked!" with mark on minimap - instead of writing x;y; F11 position on nation chat

• Like 1

At least, 2 more outposts. Four more would be better.

Tired to move reps and/or other stuff from place to place because of some RvR planned.

Not enough outposts for going to PZ's.

No fun in afk sailing for moving reps in trader lynxs...

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Aquillas said:

At least, 2 more outposts. Four more would be better.

Tired to move reps and/or other stuff from place to place because of some RvR planned.

Not enough outposts for going to PZ's.

No fun in afk sailing for moving reps in trader lynxs...

Maybe ships should have repairs slot like upgrades to a certrain limit that are towable?

• Like 1

More information when mousing over items that are part of recipes; i.e. Swedish Carpenter, The Ground Book, Danish Beer, etc. 

The same mouse over information on items that are in clan warehouse as when we mouse over items in our personal warehouse

Rat vs Rat Outlaw battles where all nations can join.

Cheers from the crew when sinking a ship like when we do crew/reload/rigging shock.

More animated characters on ships for each gun

Animated characters (marines) on deck when we select boarding prep

Animated characters up the rigging and on yards, etc

A character on the wheel

A character on quarterdeck dressed in the rank of our character, i.e. a captain's uniform, admiral's uniform...depending on our rank,

• Like 1

Bounty system:

A list of the 10 deadlier player for your nation, reward in CM for the headhunter and a reward like a paint or a flag for the deadliest player.

Players driven economy:

Create a delivery mission for the contract placed by player, ex: i put a contract to buy x resource in x port, the contract generate a delivery mission in the near ports wich produce that resource.

Hostility mission:

A weekly hostility mission given by the king, "cap the city your king wants to be capped and you will have a great reward for your service".

Credit also for capping a ship:

Imo it have no sense that i have not any reward by capping, i killed the captain so i win. I should have the +1 in mission and the ship ad a prize.

Edited by SantaRoja
  • Like 2

10. Remove the additional "Yes" clicks in port when buying/selling items and when adding crew to ship. Make only the 1 "yes" click like when clicking repair.

I HIGHLY Disagree with this suggestion unless modified to exclude items that are Rare. 

The amount of people trying to scam others in the marketplace with cheap buy contracts for ultra-rare books and refits is annoying. 

Suggestion that you probably missed since you don't play on PvE:

X. In Auction House - allow to sort by ship Rarity and mark captured "/Crew" ships. People clog the marketplace with useless ships. 

Edited by Tenet
  • Like 1

• Stop AI from making dime turns in OW. Make them turn like normal players have to.
  • Change Battle Swords icon to a better color, or let us change it in settings.
  • Change "Enemy Player" to "Enemy Captain"when clicking on someone in OW.
  • Change the sails color of Elite Ships to a dark leather color....or leave Elite Ship sails pure white and change all other NPC sail to a worn leather color.
  • Get rid of OW Battle join circles, make only 1 circle like Capital Battles, or at the very least stop spawning one join circle on land.
  • Shorten the 45 days in game of blinding rain storms
  • Bring back Storm Battles
Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SantaRoja said:

Bounty system:

A list of the 10 deadlier player for your nation, reward in CM for the headhunter and a reward like a paint or a flag for the deadliest player.

Players driven economy:

Create a delivery mission for the contract placed by player, ex: i put a contract to buy x resource in x port, the contract generate a delivery mission in the near ports wich produce that resource.

Hostility mission:

A weekly hostility mission given by the king, "cap the city your king wants to be capped and you will have a great reward for your service".

Credit also for capping a ship:

Imo it have no sense that i have not any reward by capping, i killed the captain so i win. I should have the +1 in mission and the ship ad a prize.

I was about suggest same economy mission idea, let players create missions for others. And haul your stuff. Would be something interesting for traders! 

In addition/As replacement to clan ranks let us distribute rights seperately: to access clan warehouse, invite new players, promote/demote/kick, manage cities/timers... to be able to manage a clan properly and prevent griefing.

I like the idea of a multi layered CWH, but let us decide which rank gets access to which layer. Also with the current line limit of the resource log it is useless for a decent sized clan.