Game-Labs Forum
rediii

Little things that would improve the game a lot

1. Why are we forced the confirm the reward of patrolzone events if we get the reward at maintenance anyway? Just autoconfirm at maintenance

2. Why dont we see hardcaps ingame?

3. Why dont we see portbattles when pressing "m" without going trough 5 or so clicks? (Mark them on the map with a red cross or something like that)

4. In the port UI, when buying a ship, select all rates, rather than just one at a time.

5. I know it's been asked for before, but I would really like to click on an enemy player in OW and message him, just like we do with friendlies.  Maybe give him the option to refuse contact. 

5a. I would like to see a diplomacy mechanic again ... included the possibility to identify allied nation ships and captains at OW and chat with them. Enemy Players should be shown as enemy players but conversation should also be possible.

5b I think the OW should have anonymous comms between hostiles. IE you can message them but it doesn't say their name or anything just a chat room with "anonymous" and you. That way you can still communicate without being identified if you want.

6. Buy contracts for ships

7. The old boarding game (I can not believe that I say this) untill a new one is created that does not feel like boarding with an Imperial Star Destroyer. I have to set the screen bigger because I am a little older and all I can see is this boarding screen I personally dislike.

8. I wish everything that NA-map did was in the game.

9. Ability to switch ships in OW when using Fleets.

10. Remove the additional "Yes" clicks in port when buying/selling items and when adding crew to ship. Make only the 1 "yes" click like when clicking repair.

11. Give us the ability again to delete outposts that currently have ships docked.

12. Clan Docks

13. Global Trade Chat

14. Cities that are properly sized. (Buildings are 3 or 4 times of shipsize, doors are as big as a 1st rate)

15. When claiming a completed sales contract, remove the message "You lose all fees", as it has no economic effect and only causes confusion

16. Show the point where your ship would stuck on the beach (in battle) (Map)

17. Keep "details" checked in battlemap

18. ALL AI traders should be loaded to capacity.  Real traders didn't sail around in half-empty ships

19. Hostility missions against fortified ports should spawn right beside these towers and forts. If they get destroyed during the instance, they reappear afterwards, like the do now and thus if host mission is successful, towers and forts are still there when PB takes place.

20. Start all battles with "fire from bow" and convergence on water.

21. Crafting straight from the clan warehouse, so we don't have to withdraw every single resource type...

21. A new rank for crafters in a clan which have access to clan warehouse but cant invite/kick people

22. A fireship perk that only allows you to light a fuse and guarantee that your ship will explode. (add mods are what should dictate the strength of the blast)

23. This is far too easy to exploit. But I'd add changing all Combat Medal missions to be satisfied with assists or kills.  For those of us who are generally sailing non-primary DPS ships PvP kill missions are a real drag. In general though, I'd go back to awarding combat medals for OW assists and kills. The new system of no rewards for OW PvP is stupid and discourages PvP in general.

24. Adding UI to know how many Repairs you repair actions will use up (goes along with knowing your total repair bonus) on your ship info.

25. Able to Create a Port Battle calculator in-game and USE IT for a Battle Group Creation!

26. Able to Better Compare Cannons, ships, goods - the UI is still too "big" and overlaps each other. I always feel cluttered and with I could resize every window to my liking.

27. The ability to change the colors of Battle Swords to your own liking. I hate the White swords and would love to change them to a color I can better see while sailing.

28. Change portownership (clan) by trade (within one nation)

29. Add "Show Port on Map" when choosing Cargo/Passenger Delivery missions

30. Add  warning sound when tagged

31. Add pop up tab when hovering mouse over "Perks" in Fleet menu (F- in open world)

Feel free to contribute to the list :) 

Edited by rediii
  • Like 41

I know it's been asked for before, but I would really like to click on an enemy player in OW and message him, just like we do with friendlies.  Maybe give him the option to refuse contact. 

• Like 5

Just now, Hennessy said:

4. Close global chat

You don't have to take that away from everybody when you can close it yourself, any time.

• Like 4

The old boarding game (I can not believe that I say this) untill a new one is created that does not feel like boarding with an Imperial Star Destroyer. I have to set the screen bigger because I am a little older and all I can see is this boarding screen I personally dislike.

3 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You don't have to take that away from everybody when you can close it yourself, any time.

So you think its okay that other players report your posisjon in Global?

I wish everything that NA-map did was in the game.

Basically QoL changes like rediii suggests too. It would improve the game tenfold.

• Like 4

Good point actually, but it doesn't happen all that much and Global chat is important to a lot of players.  "The needs of the many..."

• Like 2

Setting up Ships Contracts.. So crafters can build for Contracts

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

4. Close global chat

nope.

15 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Ability to switch ships in OW when using Fleets.

added

Contractors for AI to haul goods, might not be a small thing, but i feel its needed on such a big map

Edited by Wyy

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

AI Traders are always loaded to capacity.

not my point though, besides you could say the nation has hired the traders to deliver goods to port x, but it would be a good thing if a player can hire them for hauling, making it even more profitable for pve ers and more risk for guys that dont want to do the hauling by thmselves

Edited by Wyy

6 minutes ago, Wyy said:

not my point though, besides you could say the nation has hired the traders to deliver goods to port x, but it would be a good thing if a player can hire them for hauling, making it even more profitable for pve ers and more risk for guys that dont want to do the hauling by themselves

Its a separate suggestion. ALL AI traders should be loaded to capacity.  Real traders didn't sail around in half-empty ships.

Remove the additional "Yes" clicks in port when buying/selling items and when adding crew to ship. Make only the 1 "yes" click like when clicking repair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hennessy said:

So you think its okay that other players report your posisjon in Global?

What's the difference from globalchat and TS/discord?

5 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Remove the additional "Yes" clicks in port when buying/selling items and when adding crew to ship. Make only the 1 "yes" click like when clicking repair.

added.

Also added:

11. Give us the ability again to delete outposts that currently have ships docked.

• Like 4