Game-Labs Forum

Nation

Bongo

GB has the most players and probably offers the most for new players, lots of clans (some of which are more organized than others), Russia is also big but they have a lot of important ports. Pirates are mid sized and fairly organized, same with the French and the Prussians. The Americans have a lot of players but are very disorganized. Sweden, Danes, and Dutch are all small and keep to themselves for the most part. 

I am sure that if you put it out there in nation, whichever nation you decide, that someone will be happy to pick you up. It also depends on your timezone. I will domy recruiting part and say that the French are looking for bodies so if you're new, I am sure that either the am or pm French would be happy to have more people. If you are in the European time zone they will probably need someone who speaks French. pm players are mostly Americans. 

Edited by Galt

2 hours ago, Bongo said:

What Nation is the most fun to play as? and why? im thinking of switching from poland but im not sure where to go. 

Depends which language you speak and in which timezone you are :) . For example if you are german you could Prussia HANSA would welcome you :). But it doesn't matter which nation you join, in any nation someone will pick you up with a smile on his face. So good luck in finding a nation fitting to you :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Galt said:

GB has the most players and probably offers the most for new players, lots of clans (some of which are more organized than others), Russia is also big but they have a lot of important ports. Pirates are mid sized and fairly organized, same with the French and the Prussians. The Americans have a lot of players but are very disorganized. Sweden, Danes, and Dutch are all small and keep to themselves for the most part. 

I am sure that if you put it out there in nation, whichever nation you decide, that someone will be happy to pick you up. It also depends on your timezone. I will domy recruiting part and say that the French are looking for bodies so if you're new, I am sure that either the am or pm French would be happy to have more people. If you are in the European time zone they will probably need someone who speaks French. pm players are mostly Americans. 

You notice he did not mention Spain. (snicker)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Raekur said:

You notice he did not mention Spain. (snicker)

My bad. 

To my knowledge, Spain is small (I haven't seen much activity from them lately)  I would lump them in with the Dutch and Poles. 

3 hours ago, Galt said:

My bad. 

To my knowledge, Spain is small (I haven't seen much activity from them lately)  I would lump them in with the Dutch and Poles. 

Current populations put in order.

• Great Britain 26.86%
  • Pirates 14.52%
  • France 10.21%
  • Russian Empire 9.33%
  • United States 9.15%
  • Spain 8.83%
  • Sverige 8.76%
  • Dutch  4.88%
  • Prussia 3.61%
  • Denmark 2.87%
  • Polish Commonwealth 0.97

They are about the same size as Swede and US and most nations (1% isn't much) it's just Spain is very heavy on the Spanish speaking players.    Folks have to remember big isn't always good too.  GB has always been the biggest nation, but it's so spread out and unorganized that not much goes on.  You think with it being twice almost three times bigger than most other nations that it would be doing the most RvR and owning the most ports (it does own the most, but through AI grab).

Like I said before when folks ask this, it depends a lot of when they will be on line and playing what nations they could get the most out of.  For all around I would go with GB, Pirates, Russians right now, but we seen Russian crumble to almost nothing before when things gotten slow.  

20 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Like I said before when folks ask this, it depends a lot of when they will be on line and playing what nations they could get the most out of.  For all around I would go with GB, Pirates, Russians right now, but we seen Russian crumble to almost nothing before when things gotten slow.  

So I was mistaken about the size but we have seen every nation crumble at some point in the game's history. As an American, surely you can empathize with that. GB will fall apart a bit when HAVOC goes Danish but we will see the Danes become more relevant across the server as a result. GB is probably the best for new players overall, yes. They aren't the most organized but there are a few clans that have it put together that might be willing to take in new players. 

Or else I would recommend getting in with an established clan in a medium sized nation because they seem to be the ones getting the most action. WO and VCO OW conflict is up, GB hunting is bountiful right now, I think that the Swedes, Dutch, and Danes are all quiet right now or they might fight each other/the russians from time to time; I am not sure, they keep to their side of the map. Most of the action is in the middle of the map where the French, GB, and Pirates interact and sometimes you can go to where the US or GB run out of for some new seal furs. 

21 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Current populations put in order.

• Great Britain 26.86%
  • Pirates 14.52%
  • France 10.21%
  • Russian Empire 9.33%
  • United States 9.15%
  • Spain 8.83%
  • Sverige 8.76%
  • Dutch  4.88%
  • Prussia 3.61%
  • Denmark 2.87%