Game-Labs Forum

Vanishing ship

Bulwyf

I recently entered a battle to speak to another player who dived onto a ship I was about to attack on the PVE server. I entered the battle with my Christain and the other player was a long way away also in a Christain in the process of sinking the Indefatigable which I had originally targetted. I sent him a message regarding what he did and left. I was miles from the battle when I did so but when I next entered battle I found that my fleeted gold constitution was missing. 

I asked in chat if anyone had had a ship vanish like this and described the circumstances. I was then informed that there is an undocumented feature which means that if you don't retreat a fleeted ship then it vanishes when you leave.

There was no warning that this would happen and myself and my fleet constitution were miles from the actual combat. 

I wouldn't normally worry about this but since it was a gold 5/5 Connie with an agility bonus and my only gold ship I am understandably more perturbed. 

I would like to have it returned as there should be some kind of warning about this.

I understand that if you are engaged that retreating might make some sense but I was far from engaged and would have expected that my fleet would have simply followed me out. It was fully kitted out but in this case, I would be happy to just get the ship back.

I feel that a warning should happen if someone does leave without retreating fleet ships if this vanishing ship syndrome is to continue or that ships which have not engaged or are nowhere near the combat should automatically retreat if the main does.

Further, my son has just joined me on the PVE server (we were previously on the PVP but as a trader shipbuilder it isn't much fun anymore) and I notice he actually has a guide available. You might want to make that available to older players as I have never seen anything like that.

My PVE account is Pierre Andre de Suffren and I would very much appreciate your help in this matter.

• Like 1

I'm on the PVP server but this has always been the case that you need to retreat the ship if an enemy ship is present.  Effectively your Connie would have remained in battle with the enemy ship after you left.  Sorry mate, it's happened to lots of players before.