Game-Labs Forum

DLC "Ports"

17 minutes ago, H982 FKL said:

I think he means outposts?

(which should be part of the admiralty connections DLC really)

Which are arguably also p2w the same as alts. The only reason alts are not as bad is because you have to level them to so a certain amount of effort needs to be put into them. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Stop asking for p2w mechanics.

Says a guy.... who has a Ferrari as a banner.....( pay to win car)

and yes i mean outposts...they are strangely enough not in the admiralty DLC so ask for it separately

and only greed will make this item developed....  otherwise it will not happen for the community (we as a community have to make it work)

ask yourself the question,.. why are the outposts not in the Admiralty DLC?

and something else.... you say,  i quote: ". The only reason alts are not as bad is because you "

i say Alst are bad.! for the game:

1 .they are more used for cheating in some sort of way

2. it is a bad copy from the EVE mechanics ...where in eve they cooperate with each other, for use as a different combat play, or for mining.

3. the rich guy is in advantage over the casual 1 account player. (unbalanced advantage, player vs player) 

4.it gives unbalanced fair play in NA... the advantage is just too big  (in grinding for port ownership,  buildings, defenses, and building capacity )

5.Alst are used in battle, alts are used in making hostility,  and the feeling ends up in a counterpart of fair play, and produce more grief than fun.

6. it is very hard to cope with that kind of gameplay, development has a hard way to deal with the unbalanced situation to make it all work for everybody.

7. alts ar not integrated in the player ability to let them work together, but when a third party (another player)is used it works.(just fine)

8.conclusion:                                           Alts. .... is just more outpost.... and nothing more .....resulting in complicated gameplay.

Edited by Thonys

6 hours ago, Thonys said:

Says a guy.... who has a Ferrari as a banner.....( pay to win car)

and yes i mean outposts...they are strangely enough not in the admiralty DLC so ask for it separately

and only greed will make this item developed....  otherwise it will not happen for the community (we as a community have to make it work)

ask yourself the question,.. why are the outposts not in the Admiralty DLC?

and something else.... you say,  i quote: ". The only reason alts are not as bad is because you "

i say Alst are bad.! for the game

1 .they are more used for cheating in some sort of way

2. it is a bad copy from the EVE mechanics ...where in eve they cooperate with each other, for use as a different combat play, or for mining.

3. the rich guy is in advantage over the casual 1 account player. (unbalanced advantage, player vs player) 

4.it gives unbalanced fair play in NA... the advantage is just too big  (in grinding for port ownership,  buildings, defenses, and building capacity )

5.Alst are used in battle, alts are used in making hostility,  and the feeling ends up in a counterpart of fair play, and produce more grief than fun.

6. it is very hard to cope with that kind of gameplay, development has a hard way to deal with the unbalanced situation to make it all work for everybody.

7. alts ar not integrated in the player ability to let them work together, but when a third party (another player)is used it works.(just fine)

8.conclusion:                                           Alts. .... is just more outpost.... and nothing more .....resulting in complicated gameplay.

Ferrari is loosing f1 horribly for your information. They have 2 of the fastest drivers. Why are they loosing? If you knew anything about formula 1 you would not bring up the subject. Fan fact: Toyota had the highest Buget in f1 ever and never won a race. 

Alts are part of the game and you can cry about it all you like. Go ask steam to stop it. They have the resources to do it. They won't because 2 separate people cannot use same pc to play different account. Also, it's not against the rules to use 2 accounts in battle. If certain game design choices are influenced by alts then the mechanics should change.

You're asking to pay for an advantage over other players and I don't care what you have to say about alts. They simply are. Noone in their right mind asks that. I warned people when they asked about dlc ship notes and they didn't listen. Don't expect a business to decline selling you something you ask for because it's morally the better thing to do. I don't own the Admiralty dlc either btw. My alt was only ever used to hide my identity in pvp but since books are around I don't bother. That's why I support rare books.

Edited by HachiRoku

7 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Ferrari is loosing f1 horribly for your information. They have 2 of the fastest drivers. Why are they loosing? If you knew anything about formula 1 you would not bring up the subject. Fan fact: Toyota had the highest Buget in f1 ever and never lost a race. 

in that case you are a fan of (and betting on) the wrong HORSE

Alts are part of the game and you can cry about it all you like. Go ask steam to stop it. They have the resources to do it. They won't because 2 separate people cannot use same pc to play different account. Also, it's not against the rules to use 2 accounts in battle. If certain game design choices are influenced by alts then the mechanics should change.

lets also make another rule:  you have the right to cheat with mods ...  rules are made for use ...that doesn't  mean the other person likes it,

You're asking to pay for an advantage over other players and I don't care what you have to say about alts. They simply are. Noone in their right mind asks that. I warned people when they asked about dlc ship notes and they didn't listen. Don't expect a business to decline selling you something you ask for because it's morally the better thing to do. I don't own the Admiralty dlc either btw. My alt was only ever used to hide my identity in pvp but since books are around I don't bother. That's why I support rare books.

you say:  i dont care ....

oke ,..discussion with you is over.

you see,.... a lot of people do care...

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

Yes thats how it should be. It gives everyone more content, same outposts create teamplay = player staying more, more PvP etc etc

So if we have outposts at all freeports, how many outposts are we allowed above that?  Right now, I could probably live happily with 2 or 3 more outposts.  If I had all the freeports, would I still want/need 8 other outposts?