Game-Labs Forum

Hack suspect

Hello captains. We tag a player —Captain Valrog— That repair his ship 3 times in 15 minutes, we ask for that and dont anwered us. I send a report with F11 too.

29C0CF67A8F1AF7779EF67E835C6A488CB7E6DA9

Edited by Despeinao

there is the possibility he "paused" the repair by bracing, but that would explain only a "double" repair (where he doesn't actually repair twice, it just seems so because it gets paused)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Liq said:

there is the possibility he "paused" the repair by bracing, but that would explain only a "double" repair (where he doesn't actually repair twice, it just seems so because it gets paused) 

I know the trick of bracing, that's why we report it, because three times it's too much. In addition he moved and shoot constantly and we broke his sails constantly too. It is very suspicious.

4 minutes ago, Despeinao said:

I know the trick of bracing, that's why we report it, because three times it's too much. In addition he moved and shoot constantly and we broke his sails constantly too. It is very suspicious.

bracing doesn't give you an extra repair, it just pauses it. the amount of repaired HP stays the same

don't see an issue in it

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Liq said:

bracing doesn't give you an extra repair, it just pauses it. the amount of repaired HP stays the same

don't see an issue in it 

I dont see an issue too, but is not the case. He cant use bracing because he shoot, maneuvered and increase his sails HP all time.

With boarding, sailing and gunnery all active a repair can last up to 7 or 8 mins, so when its complete you have another in 2-3 mins time. You also might have to take into account these Port bonused Frankenstein ships that are sailing around atm. They repair an insane amount.

1 hour ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

if thats correct does it also pause the repair cooldown 

I don't think so no.

15 hours ago, Liq said:

don't see an issue in it

so now.... we can pause sinking  also  ..................lol

this game begins to look like premium  hackers and cheaters fun game 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

I have never checked if the repair countdown pause or if it keeps counting down while in brace. If brace do not stop the count down for next repair, but will slow down/pause the ongoing repair this should be changed immediately. Or the brace feature should just be removed. Because this can and will be exploited by those that are aware.

Scenario: I'm sailing towards a brawl, all my cannons are fully loaded and I'm sailing straight towards them but the sail over will take 5-6 minutes, I start my hull repair and then brace. Knowing I will take damage to hull when I get there. That way I have much less time to wait for next repair and I can basically get two repairs right after each other. If this really is the case, that is imo an unintended use of the brace mechanic and obviously an exploit. If anyone has used this exploit systematically they are imho cheaters.. ☹️

Edited by Tiedemann
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The countdown still goes down in brace.

So he repaired, braced, then continued initial repair.

That made it look like 2.

Then he did another repair.

Not hacks.

Also, stop ganking.

He shoots and repair all time, so he cant use brace. And we see the typical movement of sails when you start to repair, and after HP sails increase. 3 times in 15 minutes. Can you expalin that?